Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FJX

Tommy Streeter

61 posts in this topic

I think you'll see him a bit this season. He'll get his opportunity, albeit a small one. He showed some flashes in the preseason of what he can become.

I'd rather have Q back and see what Doss can bring to the table. Having Q back is key to developing the younger guys. Experience doesn't hurt, but there's no greater teacher than Q.

I would be awesome if he can play some next season, I wanna know what was up with LaQuan Williams? I can't remember seeing him at all this year.

Streeter yes AND donte' Thompson , the man just felt and looked like a man whom could be a playmaker in the future![url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/WR-Deonte-Thompson-Puts-On-Strong-Final-Show/b3d26794-dd14-440f-be96-7a28f4e057cc"]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/WR-Deonte-Thompson-Puts-On-Strong-Final-Show/b3d26794-dd14-440f-be96-7a28f4e057cc[/url] both him and streeter I think... IF their development goes as planned will be a force

I'm telling you Streeter is going to be a deep threat for this team. I think hes gonna be playing a good amount next season if hes healthy.

We certainly need the depth and healthy bodies to get through ota's, minicamps, training camp, and pre-season. If he makes it through all that, shows he has learned the play-book, and proves his conditioning is good enough for a 60 min football game then we can use him.

It's all up to Streeter, so hopefully he has a good off-season, and the upside and potential is there but seeing him improve is the key.

I think Streeter spent his "IR Recovery" bulking up. He was way too tall and thin to play receiver in the NFL. I'm sure he will come back a much better player.

[quote name='dhstandard' timestamp='1360528085' post='1353183']
I think Streeter spent his "IR Recovery" bulking up. [b]He was way too tall and thing to play receiver in the NFL[/b]. I'm sure he will come back a much better player.
[/quote] The same thing could have been said about AJ Green, look at him now.

[quote name='pitchblack_20' timestamp='1360528958' post='1353194']
The same thing could have been said about AJ Green, look at him now.
[/quote]
AJ Green is more experienced and has more skill. He was ready for the transfer from College to the NFL. Streeter's a project.

touchdown tommy! was really hoping to see him get some playing time this season but he wasn't out there much, usually just in the second half of games where we had a good lead

with ray and possibly ed being gone, and maybe also mckinnie, we need more hurricanes on the field!

I am a Streeter fan. We knew he would be a project. He showed flashes in TC last year, just inconsistent. It will be interesting to watch him this year in TC. Hopefully he takes the next step.

But I don't see him being a big contributor this year. Might take one more year.

[quote name='ghost1986' timestamp='1360530177' post='1353209']
AJ Green is more experienced and has more skill. He was ready for the transfer from College to the NFL. Streeter's a project.
[/quote] I understand but we were talking about his height and weight, not his experience.

[quote name='pitchblack_20' timestamp='1360533999' post='1353313']
I understand but we were talking about his height and weight, not his experience.
[/quote]
Okay well how bout James Hardy? I used to think he'd be a major advantage for us because he was like 6'5", but he never got over that hamstring issue. I'm not saying Streeter doesn't have potential and that every tall guy is a let down, but height and weight isn't everything. I was saying you guys should've been talking about experience. not just height and weight.

[quote name='ghost1986' timestamp='1360535049' post='1353328']
Okay well how bout James Hardy? I used to think he'd be a major advantage for us because he was like 6'5", but he never got over that hamstring issue. I'm not saying Streeter doesn't have potential and that every tall guy is a let down, but height and weight isn't everything. I was saying you guys should've been talking about experience. not just height and weight.
[/quote] Couldn't agree with you more

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1360522826' post='1353088']
that's it? and you create a thread for it? ohh my...
[/quote]

This is all you have to contribute? Seriously you criticize him for making a simple post, but reply with a simple and useless post. Good job!

Anyways, Streeter can take this offense even further if he develops. If he can even become a solid number four WR he will help. Teams have started to take Torrey and the deep ball away from us. If Streeter can get on the field, teams will have someone else to think about.

[quote name='FJX' timestamp='1360522505' post='1353084']
I hope we can use him some this year. I'd like to see him play, he has potential!
[/quote]" rock you like a Hurricane!"

[/quote]

Well it's a big factor regardless. Not really his weight but just overall lack of muscle. A lot of one's ability comes down to physical attributes. He never played tall, was easily pressed, and had trouble getting open. He wasn't physical enough to do so and got pushed around. AJ Green has more body control and great hands. Streeter doesn't have that so he needs to use other means of getting open.

No reason to be that tall if you aren't going to go up and fight for the ball. You need strength and leverage to do that. There are plenty of tall guys who can't play center in basketball because they are too lanky and not physical enough.

Was it Webb who said Streeter was constantly beating him in TC? I know someone did, but I find that hard to believe, if that was the case we would have seen more out of him.

[b]Okay well how bout James Hardy?[/b] I used to think he'd be a major advantage for us because he was like 6'5", but he never got over that hamstring issue. I'm not saying Streeter doesn't have potential and that every tall guy is a let down, but height and weight isn't everything. I was saying you guys should've been talking about experience. not just height and weight.
[/quote]

Ugh James Hardy. I was smitten with the guy even before he came to the Ravens. I'll be one of the first to admit. I really, really want that tall , jump ball receiver. It's really tough though if you aren't picking in the top 10 in a good WR draft year.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1360543222' post='1353687']
Was it Webb who said Streeter was constantly beating him in TC? I know someone did, but I find that hard to believe, if that was the case we would have seen more out of him.
[/quote]

Webb is 5' 11 and Streeter is 6'5. He probably would beat him on a lot of occasions. He would be matched up with taller, more physical corners. Webb is more of a finesse speed corner.

As much as I'm hoping he turns into a weapon; we've had too many of these guys - just recently, remember [b]Eron Riley?!?!?[/b] The heir-apparent to Megatron (apparently)?

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1360547693' post='1353884']
As much as I'm hoping he turns into a weapon; we've had too many of these guys - just recently, remember [b]Eron Riley?!?!?[/b] The heir-apparent to Megatron (apparently)?
[/quote]

I'll take my props as being one that never believe in Eron Riley. I was a believer in Justin Harper though!

With that being said, Streeter is much better than both of these guys. Being at Miami with their limited route tree really hurt his stock in the draft. This year for him was all about learning while he was "recovering from his injury." I'm not expecting him to be a superstar, but I do think he's going to be a solid contributor.

isn't streeter a speedy deep threat guy?

with jones & smith i can't see him being used much, but who knows