52 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,549 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Backup linebacker Josh Bynes made the final special teams tackle in Super Bowl XLVII.

View the full article

#2 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

You know - in real-time, I felt like Ginn had no chance ... but having seen the replays and having seen only Koch behind Bynes, it was a lot scarier than I originally thought. If Bynes misses, that could have been the most horrible play in team history!

How many times has Ray said this is all about team. To win a championship, at some point in time, ever single man finds himself in at least one spot where he needs to make a play to contribute to the win.

Way to go, Josh!

Edited by balfan23, 10 February 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#3 Blacknpurpletilldeath

Blacknpurpletilldeath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

I really think Bynes will be in competition for starting ILB next season, if we resign ellerbe i dont think we'll draft another ILB high in the draft, he had 13 tackles against the first broncos game (11 solo)! he seems to have lots of potential

#4 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,438 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thanks Josh Bynes for making us SB Champions! I for one always considered one of our saviors as #56! So don't worry your contribution to the win was not ignored!

#5 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Congratulations Josh Bynes nice tackle hope to see more of you next season.

#6 ravinravensfan

ravinravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Thank you Josh! I didn't realize it was so close either. Yikes!

#7 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Great tackle Bynes. Thanks! Yes Sir!

#8 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I think this final play was very telling in what our defensive future will be! I have been very impressed with Josh since he put on a Ravens uniform, and making that great tackle on Ginn certainly did not go unnoticed by any Ravens fan!!

#9 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Good job Bynes I have a feeling he's gonna have a big role next year from just watching the Denver it seems he plays so fast and brings a charge to the defense

#10 Bingo Baby

Bingo Baby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

This guy is the anti Cundiff and Evans. Huge clutch tackle. Give the man his props!!!

#11 frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

This will be a great story for his grandkids!

#12 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

congrats

#13 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Meh, all this time I thought ellerbe made the last tackle. Bynes gonna be another Ozzie gems

#14 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I like bynes he really came into his own and i think did well as a signal caller great way 2 come from a cracked vertabre ghat just sounds like an horrible injury but like our entire season everyone came back from major injury and contributed in a big way...kudos to our traning staff they had a very busy year

#15 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

I know this is off topic but its on my mind...in this draft get tavon austin hes an maryland guy we dont miss those often and our offense will b so explosive omg can u imagine a spread formation austin ,jacoby ,and torrey and boldin workimg the middle with pitta we will b unstopable on offense i know we need d but i belive our d will work itself out ozzie will find those hidden gems to shore up the middle of our d

Mod Note: We are now in the off season…and with that naturally comes an abundance of rumor and speculation. Our articles on the main page blogs are there for informational purposes. Please keep your comments on track, directly related to the topic of the article. "Off topic" postings can disrupt the discussion of the original intent of the article, especially when containing rumor and speculation and may warrant deletion.
To those of you who love to talk draft strategy, player retention and salary cap issues: please visit our comprehensive draft forum http://boards.baltim...2013-nfl-draft/
Thank you.

Edited by Moderator 3, 10 February 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#16 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

josh showed allot of promise when Ray lewis was out signal calling and making plays. he's right more people should be talking about him esp ravens. He is a huge assest i look forward to next year .

#17 Bohica5

Bohica5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

TY Josh i saw it and you were almost the last man...........Great job! but there were about a billion of us ready to jump throught the TV screen if somehow he gets past you.....

#18 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Good to see he's getting some attention. I would have laughed had Koch been the one to make the saving tackle though. It just goes to show punters are people too!

#19 Dumbo of Rome

Dumbo of Rome

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I liked him a lot in the 2011 preseason, and wasn't happy when he was cut.
But he's been back, and he can become another one of those Ravens Undrafted Miracle Players. Hope he keeps playing hard, we need these young guys.

#20 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Was Flacco really going to tackle Ted Ginn if he got loose,I've watch that display of emotions so many time that I believed he was really going to do it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users