Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Courtney Upshaw Has The Golden Touch

58 posts in this topic

The rookie linebacker has won three championships in the past four years.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Courtney-Upshaw-Has-The-Golden-Touch/26a1a652-60ac-4fe0-8083-b46e9c29ba3d]View the full article[/url]

The way Torrey Smith trained in his 1st offseason, I expect Upshaw to do the same and improve significantly ! He has great potential to be a big name for this franchise !!

if that is the case keep getting them bama boys they know how to produce em I personally like Nico Johnson out of bama to be one of rays potential replacements

I know he was disappointed falling to the 2nd round in last years draft, but I bet in hindsight he wouldn't have it any other way!!!

For the longest time I really wanted Hightower over Upshaw. I thought he was better overall but now looking at Courtney and how he plays, I'm glad he is a Raven. Let's keep digging into the Nick Saban talent pool in years to come!

Lets be real. Upshaw's expectations were high and he performed magnificently. Cody on the other hand lost the job to Kemoautu and is a liability to run's up the middle. We need to draft a DT/DE in the first round to really put pressure on these guys, it's no wonder our run D has been tough to watch this year, our linebackers need help, hopefully Ngata stays healthy next year as well.

[quote name='Stephenjr' timestamp='1360508406' post='1352852']
Now lets go draft Jessie Williams from Bama to replace MT.Softy!!
[/quote]

Mt Softy ! lol ... that's hilarious

[quote name='SizzleAlex' timestamp='1360510407' post='1352890']
Manti te'o !!!!! we want him
[/quote]

you're alone on that one bud...

The tough grind of football. Some players (Birk, Reed, Suggs, Boldin etc) play great for years and years, and don't get a SB ring. Some lucky players like Upshaw, work hard and are rewarded immediately.

We better not let him become a free agent!

@Raven Manic, you can never have enough good defenders!

@Sizzle AlexI want Te'o also!

Mount Softy, yeah that a great name for Terrence Cody!

How about the next time we talk about Alabama Crimson Tide players we leave Terrence Cody off the list and out of the article. What a disappointment he's been.

Somebody give Upshaw Ray Lewis's old locker and buy him some crab dip and baguettes after every game. Keep that man happy and make sure he goes nowhere.

Wonder if Hightower would have brought the same touch...?

Don't know why some of you are red marking this comment... I think Raven Maniac20 is simply saying that Courtney played very well. I don't think he's saying that we should let Kruger go, we'd all like to see him come back! But, if Kruger is a cap casualty, Upshaw has proven that he's up to the task. Geez, lol!

Wonder if Tommy Streeter has grown up to be a part of our Ravens Wr corps, And yes Upshaw is amazing he's Strong , I Agree that Cody has been a Disappointment, I dont see Kruger leaving he was great, i See Cary leaving searching for that big money contract somewhere else now that he made the superbowl, Reed will stay Trust me...

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1360507145' post='1352841']
The ravens should draft Jesse Williams out of Bama this year
[/quote]
I so agree. After listening to the press conference with Ozzie a few days ago, hearing he wanted help at DT, ILB and Safety, my first thought was Jesse Williams. Could you imagine him, Ngata AND Kemoeatu? Not to mention Art Jones and McPhee. But still, I think Upshaw showed the most determination on his forced fumble play. He missed the tackle in the backfield and was down on his stomach and then he gets up and runs over to the RB and punched the ball out. That's what I call a motor.

This kid is why im not sure if I want to resign Kruger. I mean of course if we can get Kruger I would love him back, but if he comes and ask the house we have a great player in Upshaw.Ive been really impressed on how well Upshaw has been able to set the edge and run stop, but we do need to get him better at pass rushing, I think he only had 1 or 2 sacks this season.

If we draft any Inside Linebacker I would want it to be Arthur Brown out of Kansas State or Alex Ogltree out of UGA. The guys hit hard and are very athletic so we could line them up on TEs like Jimmy,Gronk,and Hernandez and it not be a miss match.