- The 2013 Mock Draft Salary Cap shall be set at 127 stars. (1 Star = 1 Million)
- You cannot restructure contracts. You cannot borrow from future cap space or trade future picks
- Everything is rounded to the nearest Half Star (0.5 Star = ½ Million)
You have to leave 5.5 stars for the normal draft, which is 1 pick in every round 1 through 7. You add or subtract stars based on whether you have more or less picks than the normal draft allocation. The values of the stars you add or subtract based on your picks are:
§ 1st round = 2 stars
§ 2nd round = 1 stars
§ 3rd round through 7th round = 0.5 stars eachThis lets you know many stars you need to leave for your Rookie class…You cannot gain stars by trading away your picks.
Franchise Tag costs:
- QB - 14.5 stars
- RB - 8 stars
- WR - 10.5 stars
- TE - 6 stars
- OL - 9.5 stars
- DE - 11 stars
- DT - 8.5 stars
- LB -9.5 stars
- CB - 11 stars
- S - 7 stars
- K/P - 3 stars
Restricted Free Agents
You place a tender on all your RFA you want to keep. There are three levels of tender depending on how much you value and want to keep your player. The tenders are:
§ 1st round tender = 3 stars
§ 2nd round tender = 2 stars
§ Original round tender = 1.5 starsBased on Albert Breer Twitter
Another team can bid on a RFA. You bid on the RFA by offering up a contract of X Stars. The players’ current team then can decide to match the contract which means he stays on his current team but with a salary that was the bid. The team that tried to bid for him cannot counter offer. You can only bid on one player once, however another team can make a higher bid again.
If his current team doesn’t match the offer, the RFA signs for the bidding team at the contract bid for. That team then has to give up the draft pick that was tendered on the RFA.
Exclusive Rights Free Agents
Exclusive rights Free agents cost 0.5 stars if you want to resign them. They cannot be bid on.
***DATE for RFA, ERFAs and Franchise Tag Tenders to be placed is: February 22, 2013***
Go to SPOTRAC find a player’s salary for the 2013 year.
How to Navigate Spotrac Website:
§ Choose your team (ex. Baltimore Ravens)
§ Click heading “2013 Cap Hits” (Should look like THIS page)
§ Find your player (ex. Terrell Suggs)
§ There are Four columns
- Base Salary (6.4M = 6.5 stars) <-- This is what you save
- Signing Bonus (2.02M = 2 stars)
- Other Bonus (4.6M = 4.5 stars)
- Cap Figure (13.02M = 13 stars)
Ex. Cutting Terrell Suggs would mean you would save 6.5 stars
If your Player has a ROSTER BONUS you save this as well. You must click the players link on Sportrac to see if any of his bonuses are "roster bonuses" if so you save this amount. Ex. If you go to Seattle and click Zach Miller you would save his Base Salary of 7 stars + his Roster Bonus of 3 stars = 10 stars total savings. All other bonuses are dead money
Base Salary + Roster Bonus (NO other bonuses) = Total Savings
Once the cut player becomes a UFA, he is added to the Free Agency pool. Please try to make your cuts before real FA starts so we have an idea of the cut players available and can add them to the list of available FAs.
Please try and get cuts done before FA for that position.
WE WILL HAVE A THREAD FOR CUTS AND RESIGNINGS TO MAKE FA LISTS EASIER. PLEASE POST EVERY CUT AND RESIGNING IN THIS THREAD AS WELL AS YOUR STATE OF THE FRANCHISE POST.
In the format:
Postion and Player - stars saved
OLB Terrell Suggs – 6.5 stars
Using previous blue link, if you trade away a player, you get extra stars based on his base salary, or if you trade for a player you lose stars based base salary. Both guys post in the trade thread the details of the trade (in the format that Mt. Crushmore wants).
Baltimore Ravens get:
1st rounder (pick 6)
Cleveland Browns get:
OLB, Terrell Suggs (6.5 stars)
- In this case Baltimore would save 6.5 stars but would need 3 stars for the 1st round pick (savings of 3.5 stars). Cleveland take Suggs base Salary and take off 3 stars from draft pick cap (adding 3.5 stars)
Make sure after you decide on every cut and every trade is confirmed, edit you state of the franchise post (explained later).
- If a trade occurs and there seems to be significant dissent we will have a voting period in the Voting Thread.
- Voting will last 24hrs from posting of issue and the decision is either first to 17 votes or decision that holds the highest number of votes after 24 hours.
**ALWAYS CHECK the VOTING THREAD
How does Free Agency work?
Free Agency will begin on Feb 24th. There will be one major Free Agency thread, and on the first day we will auction the QB position and list all the available players.
You will have 24 hours to place your bid. Once those 24 hours are up, no more bids can be placed. The Free Agency managers will sort through the winning bids to players at the end and give them to their new owners. Once that position is done, we will move onto the next day and start at RB and so on.
Going through each position at a time will make it much easier to track who is available and who is gone.
We will then have a free for all of all the guys left for a day or two, then again after the draft to fill out your roster.
Bidding on Free Agents:
If you win the bid you add that FA to your roster as of the 2012 season, don’t worry about the future.
Every GM has an idea on who they want and divvy up their budget according to this.
§ Team Name
§ Free Agent
§ Bid (# of stars)
***You can NOT bid on players if you do not have the free cap space available***
-You MUST create cap space first (by trading and/or cutting)
That’s for the first bid. Then if another team comes in and wants to bid, make sure and read through the thread, quote the highest bid so far (if its a player already bid on) and make sure and post a bid higher. If the first team wants to counter bid, again quote the post (continue to use format above, Team name, Free agent, and stars bid).
We don’t want people not looking for the highest bid and then bidding 6 mil for say Jake Long, when someone has already bid 8.
Place ALL bids in the following format:
Bid (# of Stars)
Absolutely NO discussions in this thread until the bidding period has ended
Search for the leading bidder, quote their bid, and outbid them
Teams can bid any amount on a player, but only in increments of 0.5 Stars
Always quote the previous highest bid until the last 5 minutes
Editing of posts is NOT permitted, and said posts will be ignored
You can start the bidding at any price, the lowest value being 0.5 Stars
Bid based on what you wish to pay for the 2013 base salary only (No signing bonuses)
If a signed player is cut, the team eats half of his salary (Unless the salary was 0.5 Stars, there is no cap hit).
During the Final Five:
At the final 5 minute mark, JO_75 will post, "FINAL FIVE MINUTES," so that we have a clear divide. If JO_75 cannot be online for whatever reason, please PM someone another active member. If Mt. Crushmore is online, PM him first. When the time is up, the person in charge of ending the bidding, whether that be JO_75 or his appointed replacement will posts, "Bidding Is OVER." This member and this member ONLY is responsible for doing so. Therefore only this member's time is official.
Any member who was the bid leader before the FINAL FIVE MINUTES post and is outbid in that time frame will have a chance to bid again on the said player. In order to do so, they proclaim so from 7:00 EST until 7:05 EST inTHIS thread, by posting something along the lines of:
I wish to bid again
At 7:05 EST, the member in charge of the time keeping will post, "Final Five Is OVER."
He will then PM the GMs involved. They will reply with the absolute highest bid that they are willing to pay for said player. Both GMs have only ONE chance, and the highest bid wins. In the event of a tie, they will receive a PM informing them of the event, and allowing them of another bid until the tie has ended
This does NOT apply when the FIRST and ONLY bid was made in the final five minutes.
1. JO_75 or the presiding member posts, "FINAL FIVE MINUTES."
2. At 7:00 EST, said member posts, "Bidding Is OVER."
3. From 7:00 EST to 7:05 EST, any GM who was winning prior to 5 minutes left and was outbid in that time frame can request for another chance to bid for that player.
4. At 7:05 EST, the presiding member posts, "Final Five Is OVER."
5. This member then PMs both GMs, who will reply with the highest bid they are prepared to go. Unless in the event of a tie, only ONE bid is permitted. Winner receives the contractual rights to the player.
State of the Franchise Post
There is a separate thread for your state of the franchise, laid out like this:
Starting cap (Ex. Ravens Starting Cap)
- How to find starting cap?
1) Go to your team page and click "2013 cap hits"
2) It is your "top 51 contracts" + your "Dead money" - your "Rollover" = starting Cap
- For this we assume everyone team is taking all their rollover money
3) so ravens starting cap is: 106.5 Million (so 106.5 stars) <----Website does eveything up to this point
4) Add your 8 stars, whatever you have, for the draft (so 106.5 + 5.5 = 114.5 stars) <----You must do this
5) Figure out how much you have left using our cap (so 127 stars - 114.5 stars = 12.5 stars)
6) Spend remaining 12.5 stars how you would like or keep for a rainy day
Post every pick you have here
Then do a total of the stars you need to leave for the draft. Score out traded picks, don’t delete them. Add in traded for picks. Include the round and the overall no. of the pick.
Player position amount
Player position Tender Amount
Player position amount
Player Position Amount saved
1. (Your team) trades (player name and salary/ or pick) to (team name) for (player name and salary/ or pick)
2. Same format
3. And so on
Total Saved and Spent
Cuts: X saved
Trades X Saved/Spent
Franchise: X Spent
RFA: X Spent
EFA: X Spent
New Total Salary X
Salary Remaining X
Less Draft Allowance X (from above)
Make sure and Update this after every transaction. Remember you must have 53 man rosters.
We will have a general discussion thread (this one), trade, cuts and resigning discussion goes in here also.
We will have a thread for all official trades, cuts and resigning’s.
We will have the State of the Franchise thread, to be updated after every transaction.
We will have a Big Board thread for the draft order (Gabe).
We will have a Vote thread for all issues that arise
We will have a Depth chart thread to be kept up dated regularly, this is a requirement, not a option.
We will have a Rules thread to clarify, discuss and change rules
Then when FA begins we will have threads for that but they won’t be pinned.
In the state of the franchise thread, big board thread, cut thread, depth chart thread there is too be NO discussion.
February 18, 7pm EST – All RFAs, EFAs, Franchise Tags must be tendered. Must be under the cap of 127 stars. Must have your State Of The Franchise Page updated
February 19, 7pm EST - One day where teams can bid on all tendered RFAs (will follow FA rules)
February 20, 7pm EST - One day where owners of previously bid on RFAs must decide to match offer for their players or receive tendered compensation
February 21 – Free Agency Begins (Anyone willing to make an outline for dates on positions/put up and stop threads for FA...JO?)
??? – Draft Begins
****What needs to be added/discussed***
1) Important Dates – when do we want to start FA and Draft…is the RFA, ERFA, Franchise Tag day reasonable for everyone
2) Compensation picks – Should be out in March, do we add them if no compensation picks have been passed?
Edited by Dubs, 25 February 2013 - 05:50 PM.