Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dubs

2013 Forum Draft: Voting

553 posts in this topic

This is the thread where we will attempt to be as democratic as possible and vote on issues, trades, decisions that need to be decided and there is a split.

When voting please Quote or make very clear what item you are voting on.

PLEASE NO DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

ONLY VOTING

[b]Outcomes of Votes:[/b]
1) Starting salary cap: We will be using the carryover
2) Guranteed Salaries: We will NOT be using guaranteed Salaries just BASE SALARY when cutting/trading
3) "Suh steal" trade: Ended by Trade partner
4) Roster Bonuses: We are using ROSTER BONUSES (click on player in Spotrac to see if he has one, not all do)
5) [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"More time to allow more pay": We will have a 15 minute window for Single bids in FA [/font][/color]

***VOTE***

ISSUE: Starting Salary Cap Figure

Option 1) We use NO carryover money on the starting cap

OR

Option 2) We USE carryover money on the starting cap

To see the difference go to [url="http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/cap-hit/"]Spotrac[/url] and No carryover is "Top 51 Contracts Number"...Using carryover is the number at the very bottom (rollover varies by team - so check a couple)

***VOTING ENDS SUNDAY FEB. 10 at Midnight***

[s]Can someone break down the pros and cons of each?[/s]

No need. I just read main discussion thread. I'll say yes to roll-over.

******NEW VOTE ISSUE******

ISSUE: Guaranteed Salary in our Offseason

Option 1) We include guaranteed salary for every move we make (cuts and trades) - This means that you will have to cross examine your players with [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/sea/seahawks"]Rotoworld[/url]. Reasoning is it brings more realism to game.
Ex. Zach Miller has a gurantee of 4 Mill of his 7 Mill. Thus trading/cutting him would only alleviate 3 stars

OR

Option 2) We do not include guaranteed money in contracts. Reasoning Rotoworld does not outline how all players guarantees are structured and it would be simpler to follow just base salaries on [url="http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap-hit/"]Spotrac[/url].
Ex. Chris Johnson says on Rotoworld he has 30 million guranteed however we do not know how much per year..thus void

*****VOTING CLOSES on MONDAY FEB. 11 at MIDNIGHT*****

Make sure you clearly state the issue and what your vote is in the post!

[quote name='Dubs' timestamp='1360532068' post='1353248']
******NEW VOTE ISSUE******

ISSUE: Guaranteed Salary in our Offseason

Option 1) We include guaranteed salary for every move we make (cuts and trades) - This means that you will have to cross examine your players with [url="http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/sea/seahawks"]Rotoworld[/url]. Reasoning is it brings more realism to game.
Ex. Zach Miller has a gurantee of 4 Mill of his 7 Mill. Thus trading/cutting him would only alleviate 3 stars

OR

Option 2) We do not include guaranteed money in contracts. Reasoning Rotoworld does not outline how all players guarantees are structured and it would be simpler to follow just base salaries on [url="http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap-hit/"]Spotrac[/url].
Ex. Chris Johnson says on Rotoworld he has 30 million guranteed however we do not know how much per year..thus void

*****VOTING CLOSES on MONDAY FEB. 11 at MIDNIGHT*****

Make sure you clearly state the issue and what your vote is in the post!
[/quote]
Does rotoworld has the guranteed numbers on every player?

No to guaranteed base salaries. We've complicated it enough for some people with bonus dead money etc. also how do we know who has what guaranteed? It's too complicated, I think the cutting someone only saves base salary and leaves the bonus money is enough. Too complicated to bring in, well some of that salary is guaranteed and some isn't.

[quote name='Ray The Day' timestamp='1360532243' post='1353252']
Does rotoworld has the guranteed numbers on every player?
[/quote]

No as stated some are missing. Ex. Chris Johnson

My vote on Guaranteed Salary: NO

2 against / 0 for

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1360532287' post='1353254']
No to guaranteed base salaries. We've complicated it enough for some people with bonus dead money etc. also how do we know who has what guaranteed? It's too complicated, I think the cutting someone only saves base salary and leaves the bonus money is enough. Too complicated to bring in, well some of that salary is guaranteed and some isn't.
[/quote]Exactly what I was saying in the discussion thread. I vote for this whatever option it is.

I understand we should be using it, again we are doing everything else, and if we found a credible site which we feel we can trust, ill change to yes. But in the meantime as I said above I have to go no.

[quote name='Dubs' timestamp='1360532359' post='1353257']
No as stated some are missing. Ex. Chris Johnson

My vote on Guaranteed Salary: NO

2 against / 0 for
[/quote]
Then I vote against the guranteed Salary