168 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

The veteran receiver does not want to play for any other team.

View the full article

#2 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

I think when Cam was OC, he used Boldin the wrong way. Jim knows how to use him and he has been sensational. We need to keep help for 1 last year. Maybe he can take some sort of Pay cut, but.. We cant let him go

#3 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

We HAVE to find a way to bring him back.

#4 Saxxin

Saxxin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

The ravens need to give him an extension. Adds years and reduce the cap hit. It's a win/win. Boldin still has 3 more good years left. Ozzie needs to get this done.

#5 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,376 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Q laid it on the line last Sunday, his was one of many amazing performances
Posted Image

#6 Grendelwulf21

Grendelwulf21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

This guy is epic, I love players when they want to stay with a team

#7 Kile

Kile

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

We need him. Doss LaQuan and Deonte aren't ready. And we must have a possession receiver.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 09 February 2013 - 07:43 PM.
Caps

#8 Bingo Baby

Bingo Baby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Just an absolute amazing athlete. He is my personal choice for MVP of the whole season. Along with Flacco ;)

If you put together all his amazing catches from this season and watched them all in a row the footage would last about an hour!!!

#9 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I truly hope the Ravens and Q can work something out. We need him. He's the Ray Lewis of offense. He's the leader out there, and plays with skill, passion and intensity. I don't want to see him gone next year. He's become my fav player on offense. His work ethic alone makes him so valuable!

#10 RailBird

RailBird

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I hope this means he's willing to give up a little on salary. I mean, I'm not earning millions a year, so what do I know, but these guys are all settled for life with what they earn. So even if the Ravens are only willing to pay him, let's say, half of what he earned last year, would that really be a reason to retire? After all, 3.75M is still quite a lot of money.

#11 kravetheraven92

kravetheraven92

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Anquan "Q" Boldin..........You are indeed golden!!! If it were not for your spirit and tenacity - we would not have made it this far. Before someone judge me for saying this...think back on the games when we were down and seemed hopeless.....Anquan was the one with the powerful play to awaken the team! Take a look back at some games - u will see what I'm talking about. The Entire Team is just that, A Team! We need you back to teach your twin (Doss) how to be better. Love ya Q! Always a Raven

Edited by Grapple Raven, 09 February 2013 - 07:43 PM.
Caps

#12 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Now that is faith for a team! Go Boldin!!

#13 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

We need to find a way to keep Bouldin. There are not many recievers who play like ravens. He has the personality, the leadership, the ability, the chemestry with Flacco, he is a good roll model in the city. He is one of five players that need to restructure however. NGata, Suggs, Boldin, Leech and MCClain.

#14 Weave

Weave

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I find it unusual the comradeship and devotion to team that so many of the Ravens players have. Not all players share in the feelings towards the Ravens team & organization as A.B.'s statement reflects - but many do. In this day & age......it is incredibly heartening and refreshing......especially from an extremely high quality player as Anquan. It speaks so highly IMO of the entire organization.

Go Anquan.........Go Ravens!

#15 SBXXXV

SBXXXV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Loyalty is a rare quality among athletes. The chemistry Flacco has with Boldin needs to stay intact. Boldin has earned the right to play for the Ravens again next year and we need to find a way to keep him.

#16 18stanjo

18stanjo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

This was great to hear. He is a team player. He knows he could get the $ if he wanted but he knows our cap is tight so he did what was good for the team. Boldin your gonna go hall of fame my friend!!

#17 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

We better not release Boldin.If we pay Flacco 15-20M a year and then take Boldin away with no wr on the roster who can take his place that would be the biggest mistake weve made since drafting Mark Clayton in the first round.Or maybe even bigger than that.Joe needs his weapons.Plus,wed still have to pay Boldin a few million any way and it would go against our cap.If our front office is really serious about becoming more offense oriented now is the time to prove it.Taking Boldin away from our offense would be like taking Ngata away from the defense.Our passing game revolves around Boldin.Well probably just extend his contract a few more years and bring his cap number for this year down 2 or 3 million.That would be the best move.

#18 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Once a Raven always a raven. Ravens Please keep Q. we need him.

#19 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

We need to find a way to keep Bouldin. There are not many recievers who play like ravens. He has the personality, the leadership, the ability, the chemestry with Flacco, he is a good roll model in the city. He is one of five players that need to restructure however. NGata, Suggs, Boldin, Leech and MCClain.

Restructuring is a no no.Thats the reason the steelers were 10M over the cap last year,are 13M over this year and will stay over it for years to come.Its smarter to extend his contract and give him a lower number for this year.

#20 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Q.......my heart would have broke if you went to another team. We got to find a way for him to comeback next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users