54 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

The Ravens will have to let some pivotal players walk away this offseason.

View the full article

#2 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

The greatest victory of this post-season was seeing Flacco mature into one of the great QBs of this league. We need to sign him and start building a system around him for sustained success. I agree, that getting caught up in the moment and risking that just to repeat, would be foolish.

#3 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Joe Linta going to ruin this team,Joe Flacco can settled for less and Ray Lewis not being paid anymore can support the salary cap

#4 jberta1

jberta1

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

The greatest victory of this post-season was seeing Flacco mature into one of the great QBs of this league. We need to sign him and start building a system around him for sustained success. I agree, that getting caught up in the moment and risking that just to repeat, would be foolish.

I agree, too many people get caught up with immediate success. Ozzie has always been good at bringing in talent, especially on defense. I actually look forward to seeing who he brings in next.

#5 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I can do both, Discuss off season salary cap issues and still enjoy the thrill of being Superbowl champions! Up here in York PA with so many Squeeler fans and Eagles fans around, I plan to be shoving i it there faces every day with my new arsenal of Superbowl Champion hats, sweatshirts, shirts and Beer cuzzies!

#6 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Heavy sigh for the future, but totally happy in the present.

#7 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Yes they did! :-)

We may have to move on but I'm getting as much mileage out of this as I can!
Been waving my new Superbowl hat in front of all the Steelers fans out here in PA.
They just hang their heads. Got a brother in NE that still thinks they were robbed and watching the 49'rs fans go beserk at the inhumanity of it all is just priceless too!
THANK YOU RAVENS!!!!
Let's do it again next year, this is fun!

#8 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

I was pleased with the press conference and the fact they were not going to repeat 2001.
There are players on this team that can be replaced with some of the young talented players we have been grooming. I for one have faith in Ozzie. We have more salary cap space than people think, There are players I beleive ozzie has already decided not to resign, like Williams and Cody. There are other guys that will retire other than Ray. I know they will get the deal done with Flacco because the franchise tag would hurt the cap situation to much. There is no doubt in my mind that if we can sure up this Defence and get it back to a top 10 at least, We will be a better team and make a post season run at the title again.

One of the reasons it is so hard to repeat is we will get the toughest schedule in the league, and most every team we play will be looking to bring there "A" game against us. But if you look at the possability of being a better team than we were this season, then we've got a good shot at going all the way, again.

#9 Baltimorebulldawg

Baltimorebulldawg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Everyone should go read Bill Barnwell's Grantland piece on Ozzie. If any team in the NFL can repeat, it's the Ravens because of Ozzie, and my sunglasses only have a slight purple tint.

#10 Baltimorebulldawg

Baltimorebulldawg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Oh, and I want Shawn Williams or Bacarri Rambo in the draft. Go Dawgs.

#11 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Man, we are the Chamions my friends - we are the Champions......

#12 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

We have some challenges ahead, but as far as the division is concerned, I think that the Steelers and Bengals have worse cap struggles. I like our chances of at least winning our division, which gets us in the playoffs. And if this year proved anything is that once we get into the playoffs anything is possible.

#13 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

I have heard that the last 6 or 7 Super Bowl winners HAVE NOT made it back to the playoffs, the following year. Is this correct ?
If so.....regardless, WE WILL !
In order to PLAY LIKE A RAVEN we must first, PLAN LIKE A RAVEN !
Its OUR CAW!

#14 flaccosberger

flaccosberger

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Worthless article

#15 PurpleReign22

PurpleReign22

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

I think i'd be fine with Cary leaving, but as far Reed,Kruger and Ellerbe i don't think we can afford to let any of them walk especially Ellerbe or Reed.

#16 BecksterH

BecksterH

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Restructure Q's contract to let him have a few more good years and then retire a Raven. He has them in him, and under Caldwell's leadership he and Joe have never had better chemistry.

#17 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Well, i know we are going to lose somebody we don't want to, that happens. Its the NFL and we should be use to it by now. This is my opinion, but i think we need to retain Ellerbe and Kruger. We can move on from Ed Reed and Cary Williams, and thats hard to say because they were the only 2 to start all 16 games, but Webb will be back, and Ed is getting old.

I just really hope we can retain Boldin and Jacoby Jones. We need our offense to be left alone.

#18 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, we won the SB so I'll be satisfied for the next 5 years.

#19 JamesRaven

JamesRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Would Boldin take a pay cut? The fact that he's gonna retire if we cut him suggests maybe he would, for the good of the team. We must keep him though, and Jones.
Get rid of Cary, he's not that good anyway and with Webb, Smith, Graham, Brown, Jackson we have pretty good CBs.
Reed is a difficult one. It makes sense to move on from him but it'd make me sick to see him in a different uniform.
Ellerbe we MUST keep, our LB core will center around him.
Would be nice to keep Kruger, but we will cope without him if we must. Upshaw can be as good as him I believe, and if we draft an extra pass rusher we'll be fine.

#20 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

My squeelers buddies probably thought I was gonna blow up their cells with this and that! I sent one or two texts but, Im taking this SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP "In Sride"! Everyone seen what went down and the Ravens are the team to be with or FEAR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users