72 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

The franchise tag won't be used on safety Ed Reed or linebacker Paul Kruger.

View the full article

#2 YankeeRaven

YankeeRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I would love to see Joe Flacco, Dannell Ellerbe, Paul Kruger and Ed Reed return next season and Bryant McKinnie of the salary is there.

#3 Barry S

Barry S

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

There's no guarantee of a repeat, so why jeopardize the future. Lets keep the influx of good draft picks and focus on developing talent already here. You go the wizard of Ozzie!!!!!!

#4 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

C'mon Joe, this is in your hands, not entirely with your greedy agent.

#5 #1Ravens/Anti-Steelers Fan

#1Ravens/Anti-Steelers Fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Is it true that Boldin said if the Ravens cut him he will retire? Heard it here http://russellstreet...-cut-by-ravens/

#6 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

C'mon Joe, this is in your hands, not entirely with your greedy agent.

I still remember how we all behaved last season, when the Ravens were in contract talks with Rice, when he wanted to get paid properly after all the great things he has done for the organization. I learned my lesson. I am fine with any pay Joe will get. He deserves it.

Edited by PolishRifle, 09 February 2013 - 10:47 AM.

bJNF689.jpg

#7 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

I read in the Sun today that "Q" told a sports radio station that he would retire if there was no contract for him with the Ravens!

The article quoted him saying: "Baltimore is the only place I want to play. Once a Raven, always a Raven and I'll always be a Raven!"

Man, that's what a class organization and a great locker room will do for a Pro guy!

The Ravens have the option to spread his contract out and save Cap $$$ like they did Bernie Pollard lasy year!

Makes you wonder what the ex-Ravens of the last couple seasons who bolted are thinking now?

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 09 February 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#8 Derrel

Derrel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

C'mon Ozzie, you let Grubbs walk last year and that one move cost us several losses. Fix the OL. It was great to make the last minute adjustments and get Joe some time in the pocket to show what he can do. I think it is amazing that the talking heads on TV haven't underscored that change as the reason we won out!

#9 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

If you can keep 1 of these guys aside from Flacco (obviously) keep Reed without him the defense is going to be without 2 of the greatest leaders on the team not to mention they are going to be very young and inexperienced

#10 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

But I'm not in the FO of any team for a reason in Ozzie we trust

#11 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I think the issue is similar to Rice's, Flacco probably just wants a lot of guaranteed money. He's already been quoted as saying he's pretty well set for life off his rookie contract. He probably just wants to take out some quote unquote "injury insurance". This was the issue with Rice, the media just wants to stir up a story by saying Flacco wants Brees' money, they also said Rice wanted All Day Peterson money. He ended up with 4 years something like 40 mill (correct me if I'm wrong). Flacco will end up with 15-16/year which is generous enough without completely throwing the rest of the team under the bus.

#12 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I hate Oz sometimes. He always makes the right decisions in the long term, but at the moment he makes them I never understand his logic.

#13 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

We have some bad contracts out there. Leach will probablly go if not cut and resigned. The same with Bouldin. We are paying Ngata way too much for the amount of snaps he has played the last two years. Sizzle needs to restructure too. Ed will think what we should pay him is a slap in the face and leave. Cary can go. I want Kruger back but if he gets greedy I am cool with Upshaw and his growth in a second season. Ellerbe is key to an extent. While I would love to have him back a MLB is easy to find in the draft or in our case even undrafted free agaent since we have 3 LB's that fit the bill there. I just hope Linta sees the team and Joes best intrest and not try to flex his agent balls by having the games top paid player.

#14 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

It just wouldn't be worth the money to pay someone like Kruger, Ellerbe or Williams top five money because they don't earn top five money.

#15 DMAC

DMAC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

We cant lost McKinnie, Ellerbe or Kruger without significantly damaging our chances of a repeat

#16 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

The two pieces we have to keep are Flacco and Ellerbe.Wish we knew how big of a stud Benard Pierce was before we gave Rice all that money.I honestly felt more comfortable with Pierce in the Backfield in the Superbowl then Rice.Don't get me wrong,Rice is great in the regular season,but in the post season,he hasn't shown up against better competition.Just don't know if he is worth all the money he is getting,besides Flacco and the team look at there best when we spread teams out!!

#17 marec

marec

Rookie

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

We love Joe Flacco and he deserves a great contract. Hope he and Linta see how we need these other players too. They can come back next season and do it again. I believe this!

#18 NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Steph I agree with you. Now I love Ray Rice. He's been a solid RB throughout his career. With 4 straight 1,000 yard seasons under his belt. But lately he has not been producing. To be honest starting from week 13-14 or so. And especially in the playoffs. It seems like Raven fans want to just ignore this problem with him or pretend it doesn't exist. But I cannot do that. He has to step his game up this off season or Pierce is going to eat more and more into his carries. Which I don't have a problem with personally, Pierce hits the holes harder. Just being honest.

#19 biggytuffy

biggytuffy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I was so impressed with the recent press conference with the leadership team of the Baltimore Ravens - it opened my eyes. The degree to which they analyze the past, present and future made me laugh at the attempts we all make in this forum. Mr. Bisciotti"s leadership and interactions with department heads is so strong and effective. He listens, he respects, he leads when necessary and most importantly, he understands the need for so many factors that improve the continued success of the organization, even to the degree of player involvement with the Raven fan base. I never fully understood, and most definitely never will, the complexities that result in ongoing success - thank you Mr. "B".

#20 Baltimorebulldawg

Baltimorebulldawg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I think Kruger and Cary are going to be cap casualties, they both have the flashy stats, Kruger with sacks and Cary with INTs, but Kruger has trouble against the run and Cary gets those picks because he's targeted more frequently by opposing QBs. I'd like to keep them, but someone is going to be willing to pay more. Not to mention Kruger is at a position that always seems to get cut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users