Photo

I'm Loving the Ravens Being in the National Spotlight!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

I love all the love and the hate.

The best part? We get to find out the strength of everyone's convictions next season. Fanhood is fanhood, but this is the best time to brag about having been a fan prior to the championship.

Can't wait next year when we go on a bit of a dive with all the new young kids starting with no Ray (possibly no Ed) to tell them their assignments before each play and to get in their face if their dragging [profanity deleted]; and this forum is a total ghost town except for the 20 or so regulars that have been here for years lol.

#22 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I don't. I enjoy the hate. I enjoy watching Flacco and the boys put the hammer to their skulls. Us against the world at its finest. But with that said, I did enjoy watching Jacoby on NLFN. He would be great on TV.

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

Ray Rice got done dirty. Shame on you "Fans" and NFL higher-ups.

#23 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

i just got to say that i am really diggin' the Ravens being in the national spotlight. how about you guys? i mean....after winning the Superbowl, it seems like our Ravens are all over the place. disney world, every sports channel, magazines, talk shows (i.e. letterman etc.), nfl replays etc, etc, etc. even when i step into a place sporting my Ravens gear (hat, jersey and jacket) complete strangers are telling me; "congratulations on your win!" or "we were pulling for the Ravens." the rest of the world is FINALLY getting the opportunity to see why we love this team! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili

Ditto! Last Monday I came to work in full Raven regalia and got a lot of congrats (and one "thank you" from a stiller fan who wanted to remain the only team with 6 Lombardi trophies :o ) Nice to see the rest of the world get a glimpse of what we already knew...that this is a special "band of brothers" like no other.
"It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pretty but it was us."

#24 jberta1

jberta1

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Enjoy it now everyone, they're going to go right back to the Pats and Tim Teblow here in the next few weeks...

#25 gotekiraven

gotekiraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Enjoy it now everyone, they're going to go right back to the Pats and Tim Teblow here in the next few weeks...

Oh well, the team will just have to beat Brady and the Pats for the 3rd time in a row, and for Tebow, isn't he out of the NFL. He might be washing dishes at a diner somewhere on route 66 or something.

#26 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sure, getting Ravens memorabilia is easier... but the attitude of Indy fans, still the same. Especially living in a small town, like I do. I mean, this is the same town that thinks Tony Stewart acknowledges the fact that he lived here once.

It is nice to go out though to restaurants that have it sent to the sports channels and see my Ravens on the screen.

Still waiting on my damn SB Champs hat to come in the mail. Grrrr...

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#27 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Gah, my next Ravens package will include a Champs Hat, Champs Shirt, and Lewis Jersey. The thing is, I dont have spare money at the moment, so my dad said he will get them for me if I get straight a's this semester. He also promised me an iphone on that same bet lol.
He who laughs when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on Earth, with a top speed of 120 feet-per-second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Entropy just isn't what it used to be.
Never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills and a laxative on the same night.

#28 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Anyone know which stats were inproved for Joe on Madden after this postseason? I feel like at least his tackle break, awarness, and Throw Power/Accuracy should go up considerably.

Haha how do they rate Flacco?

well, the Ravens themselves moved up to an overall rating of 92 on madden. a few of Joe's notable ratings are:

Overall 93
Speed 71
Awareness 90
Throw Power 98
Short Accuracy 89
Medium Accuracy 88
Deep Accuracy 85
Throw on the Run 77 (this is horrible! Joe was a beast doing this in the playoffs)

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 10 February 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#29 ghost1986

ghost1986

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I like it, but I was watching something on the NFL Network site, an interview with Jacoby, and he said he wishes everybody would go back to sleep on us like the did during the entire post-season.
"Don't stop huntin'! Don't stop huntin'! Until you have him up on your wall!"-Ray Lewis to Terrell Suggs on hunting 49ers QB Alex Smith

#30 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I like it, but I was watching something on the NFL Network site, an interview with Jacoby, and he said he wishes everybody would go back to sleep on us like the did during the entire post-season.

i know what he means by that but i absolutely couldn't stomach every one being against us and not giving our boys a chance to beat the colts (i included them cause they started off our playoff run to the Superbowl), broncos, patriots or 49ers. i hated constantly hearing "why" the Ravens can't beat this or that team and "if" the Ravens are gonna have a chance against this or that team etc, etc, etc. after our boys won the Superbowl...all i have to say to those cats is...."how you like us now?" LOL!!!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#31 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I don't. I enjoy the hate. I enjoy watching Flacco and the boys put the hammer to their skulls. Us against the world at its finest. But with that said, I did enjoy watching Jacoby on NLFN. He would be great on TV.

This.

I like the chip on the shoulder; "pick against me/us at your peril" mentality.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#32 ghost1986

ghost1986

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

i know what he means by that but i absolutely couldn't stomach every one being against us and not giving our boys a chance to beat the colts (i included them cause they started off our playoff run to the Superbowl), broncos, patriots or 49ers. i hated constantly hearing "why" the Ravens can't beat this or that team and "if" the Ravens are gonna have a chance against this or that team etc, etc, etc. after our boys won the Superbowl...all i have to say to those cats is...."how you like us now?" LOL!!!

~Mili

They'll never admit they were wrong. I love how Shannon Sharpe was instantly praising us after saying we didn't have a chance against the last 3 teams. Colts, I knew we'd win. That's also the one team I wouldn't have hated losing to. I don't like that organization, but I have nothing but respect for Pagano and also Luck. In my opinion, Luck got snubbed for the Offensive Rookie of the Year. He had way less to work with. And I'm sorry, but RG3 is way too hyped up. I don't see him lasting long at all. But I was so used to the hate. That's just how it is with us. I've been a fan of this team since '99 and I remember everybody doubting us in the playoffs our Super Bowl season. A classmate of mine asked who I thought would win the Super Bowl between Giants and Ravens and I said "Ravens. Defense wins championships" and he laughed and after we won, I asked "Who's laughing now?"
"Don't stop huntin'! Don't stop huntin'! Until you have him up on your wall!"-Ray Lewis to Terrell Suggs on hunting 49ers QB Alex Smith

#33 ghost1986

ghost1986

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

well, the Ravens themselves moved up to an overall rating of 92 on madden. a few of Joe's notable ratings are:

Overall 93
Speed 71
Awareness 90
Throw Power 98
Short Accuracy 89
Medium Accuracy 88
Deep Accuracy 85
Throw on the Run 77 (this is horrible! Joe was a beast doing this in the playoffs)

~Mili

Man I hear you on that! Both Jacoby TD passes against the Broncos and 49ers were him stepping up when the pocket collapsed and that ridiculous throw to Boldin on the sidelines in the Super Bowl. It should easily be in the 90's. That throw to Boldin I still can't believe was complete. I was like "Dang! He had to throw it out of bounds." Next thing I know Boldin came down with it and I posted "Oh my gosh!" on here in the game thread.

#34 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

At the very least, his THP should be a 99. And TOR (throw on the run) is an 85. Everything else can be argued. :)

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#35 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Gah, my next Ravens package will include a Champs Hat, Champs Shirt, and Lewis Jersey. The thing is, I dont have spare money at the moment, so my dad said he will get them for me if I get straight a's this semester. He also promised me an iphone on that same bet lol.

Damn, tell that man thanks, you love him and do some house work for him lol

#36 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Overall 93
Speed 71
Awareness 90
Throw Power 98
Short Accuracy 89
Medium Accuracy 88
Deep Accuracy 85

~Mili

Hmmm. Considering his rookie season he was, I believe, 83 overall, this is good. However, I completly disagree with the throw on the run and the deep accuracy. Both should be higher. I think his throw power is great, though should be 100. And I am glad his awareness went up.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on Earth, with a top speed of 120 feet-per-second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills and a laxative on the same night.

#37 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Damn, tell that man thanks, you love him and do some house work for him lol

Lol I have to get the A's first. But Im working hard at that.

#38 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm probably missing it, but where's the love at?! It's just more hate and justification for that hate. The only love I've seen is from guys like Sizzle and JJ going on the shows and talking up our guys.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users