Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Militant X 1

I'm Loving the Ravens Being in the National Spotlight!

38 posts in this topic

[quote name='Greatness' timestamp='1360470262' post='1352588']
I don't. I enjoy the hate. I enjoy watching Flacco and the boys put the hammer to their skulls. Us against the world at its finest. But with that said, I did enjoy watching Jacoby on NLFN. He would be great on TV.
[/quote]This.

I like the chip on the shoulder; "pick against me/us at your peril" mentality.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1360535688' post='1353349']
i know what he means by that but i absolutely couldn't stomach every one being against us and not giving our boys a chance to beat the colts (i included them cause they started off our playoff run to the Superbowl), broncos, patriots or 49ers. i hated constantly hearing "why" the Ravens can't beat this or that team and "if" the Ravens are gonna have a chance against this or that team etc, etc, etc. after our boys won the Superbowl...all i have to say to those cats is...."how you like us now?" LOL!!!

~Mili
[/quote]
They'll never admit they were wrong. I love how Shannon Sharpe was instantly praising us after saying we didn't have a chance against the last 3 teams. Colts, I knew we'd win. That's also the one team I wouldn't have hated losing to. I don't like that organization, but I have nothing but respect for Pagano and also Luck. In my opinion, Luck got snubbed for the Offensive Rookie of the Year. He had way less to work with. And I'm sorry, but RG3 is way too hyped up. I don't see him lasting long at all. But I was so used to the hate. That's just how it is with us. I've been a fan of this team since '99 and I remember everybody doubting us in the playoffs our Super Bowl season. A classmate of mine asked who I thought would win the Super Bowl between Giants and Ravens and I said "Ravens. Defense wins championships" and he laughed and after we won, I asked "Who's laughing now?"

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1360534892' post='1353326']
well, the Ravens themselves moved up to an overall rating of [b]92[/b] on madden. a few of Joe's notable ratings are:

Overall [b]93[/b]
Speed [b]71[/b]
Awareness [b]90[/b]
Throw Power [b]98[/b]
Short Accuracy [b]89[/b]
Medium Accuracy [b]88[/b]
Deep Accuracy [b]85[/b]
Throw on the Run [b]77[/b] ([b]this is horrible! Joe was a beast doing this in the playoffs[/b])

~Mili
[/quote]
Man I hear you on that! Both Jacoby TD passes against the Broncos and 49ers were him stepping up when the pocket collapsed and that ridiculous throw to Boldin on the sidelines in the Super Bowl. It should easily be in the 90's. That throw to Boldin I still can't believe was complete. I was like "Dang! He had to throw it out of bounds." Next thing I know Boldin came down with it and I posted "Oh my gosh!" on here in the game thread.

At the very least, his THP should be a 99. And TOR (throw on the run) is an 85. Everything else can be argued. :)

[quote name='IMissMattStover' timestamp='1360522678' post='1353085']
Gah, my next Ravens package will include a Champs Hat, Champs Shirt, and Lewis Jersey. The thing is, I dont have spare money at the moment, so my dad said he will get them for me if I get straight a's this semester. He also promised me an iphone on that same bet lol.
[/quote]
Damn, tell that man thanks, you love him and do some house work for him lol

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1360534892' post='1353326']
well, the Ravens themselves moved up to an overall rating of [b]92[/b] on madden. a few of Joe's notable ratings are:

Overall [b]93[/b]
Speed [b]71[/b]
Awareness [b]90[/b]
Throw Power [b]98[/b]
Short Accuracy [b]89[/b]
Medium Accuracy [b]88[/b]
Deep Accuracy [b]85[/b]
Throw on the Run [b]77[/b] (this is horrible! Joe was a beast doing this in the playoffs)

~Mili
[/quote]

Hmmm. Considering his rookie season he was, I believe, 83 overall, this is good. However, I completly disagree with the throw on the run and the deep accuracy. Both should be higher. I think his throw power is great, though should be 100. And I am glad his awareness went up.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1360538286' post='1353408']
Damn, tell that man thanks, you love him and do some house work for him lol
[/quote]

Lol I have to get the A's first. But Im working hard at that.

I'm probably missing it, but where's the love at?! It's just more hate and justification for that hate. The only love I've seen is from guys like Sizzle and JJ going on the shows and talking up our guys.