Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Militant X 1

I'm Loving the Ravens Being in the National Spotlight!

38 posts in this topic

i just got to say that i am really diggin' the Ravens being in the national spotlight. how about you guys? i mean....after winning the Superbowl, it seems like our Ravens are all over the place. disney world, every sports channel, magazines, talk shows (i.e. letterman etc.), nfl replays etc, etc, etc. even when i step into a place sporting my Ravens gear (hat, jersey and jacket) complete strangers are telling me; "congratulations on your win!" or "we were pulling for the Ravens." the rest of the world is FINALLY getting the opportunity to see why we love this team! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1360415885' post='1351542']
i just got to say that i am really diggin' the Ravens being in the national spotlight. how about you guys? i mean....after winning the Superbowl, it seems like our Ravens are all over the place. disney world, every sports channel, magazines, talk shows (i.e. letterman etc.), nfl replays etc, etc, etc. even when i step into a place sporting my Ravens gear (hat, jersey and jacket) complete strangers are telling me; "congratulations on your win!" or "we were pulling for the Ravens." the rest of the world is FINALLY get the opportunity to see why we love this team! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili
[/quote]

Yeah, it's great! While some of the mindless negativity remains(should there have been a flag?), most has gone away.

You are exactly right. This attention is bringing to light the uniqueness and greatness of this franchise and Team. Raises the level of pride to be a fan of the World Champion Baltimore Ravens!

I love all the love [i]and [/i]the hate.

The best part? We get to find out the strength of everyone's convictions next season. Fanhood is fanhood, but this is the best time to brag about having been a fan prior to the championship.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1360433023' post='1351762']

The best part? We get to find out the strength of everyone's convictions next season. Fanhood is fanhood, but this is the best time to brag about having been a fan prior to the championship.
[/quote]

Meh don't need to brag about being a fan longer than other fans

The benefit I expect from the national spotlight is that I no longer have to order ravens stuff I can get it in store at these places that used to carry just 31 teams worth of gear...

[quote name='awholelottahaloti' timestamp='1360278220' post='1349615']
Amongst my family, friends and coworkers I'm known as a pretty passionate Ravens fan. My car has Ravens plates, I use a Ravens lanyard to hold my work credentials, I defend the Purple and Black in all football conversations, etc.. That said, I've felt really awkward having people congratulate me all week! I just say thanks, I'm glad your happy for me, but it's the Team that deserves the congratulations.

I've been a Bmore football fan for a long time, but have never experienced this level of pride in my Team.

Thank You Ravens!!!
[/quote]

[quote name='Tiz' timestamp='1360433194' post='1351766']

The benefit I expect from the national spotlight is that I no longer have to order ravens stuff I can get it in store at these places that used to carry just 31 teams worth of gear...
[/quote]

lol i hear that; i was at this sporting goods store here in september and again in october and they had not one piece of ravens memorabilia. i asked them why and they just shrugged "no demand for it, sorry." out of curiousity i went there yesterday and they had an assortment of items. i think the one guy there recognized me because he smiled a little bit when i came in, and i said "what a difference a day makes, huh?"

[quote name='quoth_the_raven_neverscore' timestamp='1360433879' post='1351783']

lol i hear that; i was at this sporting goods store here in september and again in october and they had not one piece of ravens memorabilia. i asked them why and they just shrugged "no demand for it, sorry." out of curiousity i went there yesterday and they had an assortment of items. i think the one guy there recognized me because he smiled a little bit when i came in, and i said "what a difference a day makes, huh?"
[/quote]

Atleast it had one thing lol
One store I went into in November had some nice designed sweatshirts for every team but Baltimore
Didnt have a he ravens stuff at all. The guy said he could order anything for me, I told him can do the same at home, dummy.

The one thing about being in az tho is some of the mall stores will carry boldin and suggs ravens jerseys trying to play on that az connection

[quote name='Tiz' timestamp='1360434437' post='1351802']
Atleast it had one thing lol
One store I went into in November had some nice designed sweatshirts for every team but Baltimore
Didnt have a he ravens stuff at all. The guy said he could order anything for me, I told him can do the same at home, dummy.

The one thing about being in az tho is some of the mall stores will carry boldin and suggs ravens jerseys trying to play on that az connection
[/quote]

that's cool that they pay respect to that

[quote name='Tiz' timestamp='1360433194' post='1351766']
[/quote]

I live in Eagles Country where the inferiority complex of their fans is sky-high. Fans around here assume that, if you root for the Ravens, it's because of the local boy Joe Flacco. So trust me, I [i]needed[/i] this.

The best part? We get to find out the strength of everyone's convictions next season. [u][b]Fanhood is fanhood, but this is the best time to brag about having been a fan prior to the championship.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

while i am glad that our Ravens have pick up more fans on their championship run (we call them the "bandwagoners"), it is a great feeling to know that we "true" Ravens fans have been supporting them years (prior to this Championship) before all of the hype surrounding them now began. even on madden they have been boosted to a 92 overall rating! boy...it feels great to be a Ravens fan! lol!

~Mili

Love seeing us everywhere, but seeing all of the hate towards guys like Ray Lewis and Joe Flacco on any given Ravens thing I see is really annoying.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1360435167' post='1351825']

I live in Eagles Country where the inferiority complex of their fans is sky-high. Fans around here assume that, if you root for the Ravens, it's because of the local boy Joe Flacco. So trust me, I [i]needed[/i] this.
[/quote]

I respect that

Anyone know which stats were inproved for Joe on Madden after this postseason? I feel like at least his tackle break, awarness, and Throw Power/Accuracy should go up considerably.

I like the attention, but I don't think it'll change that much in terms of respect from the talking heads.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1360435616' post='1351841']
while i am glad that our Ravens have pick up more Ravens on their championship run (we call them the "bandwagoners"), it is a great feeling to know that we "true" Ravens fans have been supporting them years (prior to this Championship) before all of the hype surrounding them now began. even on madden they have been boosted to a 92 overall rating! boy...it feels great to be a Ravens fan! lol!

~Mili
[/quote]

Haha how do they rate Flacco?

With online stores it helps, I love being able to go to 5 Below and Big Lots and picking up discount Ravens stuff lol

I got great stuff at BJ's today. They have the shirts with the front page from the Sun and they have the commemorative book put out by the Carroll County Times.

Back in August I was in Modells in Germantown and I was looking at their hats. They had 1 Ravens hat, 6 different Redskins hats, and 9 different steeler hats. I looked at the guy behind the counter and said "what gives?" He shrugged his shoulders. I'll bet you they have all of their hats now!!!!!!!

[quote name='IMissMattStover' timestamp='1360441151' post='1351987']
Anyone know which stats were inproved for Joe on Madden after this postseason? I feel like at least his tackle break, awarness, and Throw Power/Accuracy should go up considerably.
[/quote]

How about his tackling after he stopped Ted Ginn's return :268213:

[/quote]
Can't wait next year when we go on a bit of a dive with all the new young kids starting with no Ray (possibly no Ed) to tell them their assignments before each play and to get in their face if their dragging [profanity deleted]; and this forum is a total ghost town except for the 20 or so regulars that have been here for years lol.

I don't. I enjoy the hate. I enjoy watching Flacco and the boys put the hammer to their skulls. Us against the world at its finest. But with that said, I did enjoy watching Jacoby on NLFN. He would be great on TV.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1360415885' post='1351542']
i just got to say that i am really diggin' the Ravens being in the national spotlight. how about you guys? i mean....after winning the Superbowl, it seems like our Ravens are all over the place. disney world, every sports channel, magazines, talk shows (i.e. letterman etc.), nfl replays etc, etc, etc. even when i step into a place sporting my Ravens gear (hat, jersey and jacket) complete strangers are telling me; "congratulations on your win!" or "we were pulling for the Ravens." the rest of the world is FINALLY getting the opportunity to see why we love this team! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili
[/quote]Ditto! Last Monday I came to work in full Raven regalia and got a lot of congrats (and one "thank you" from a stiller fan who wanted to remain the only team with 6 Lombardi trophies :o ) Nice to see the rest of the world get a glimpse of what we already knew...that this is a special "band of brothers" like no other.

[quote name='jberta1' timestamp='1360510677' post='1352895']
Enjoy it now everyone, they're going to go right back to the Pats and Tim Teblow here in the next few weeks...
[/quote]

Oh well, the team will just have to beat Brady and the Pats for the 3rd time in a row, and for Tebow, isn't he out of the NFL. He might be washing dishes at a diner somewhere on route 66 or something.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Sure, getting Ravens memorabilia is easier... but the attitude of Indy fans, still the same. Especially living in a small town, like I do. I mean, this is the same town that thinks Tony Stewart acknowledges the fact that he lived here once.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]It is nice to go out though to restaurants that have it sent to the sports channels and see my Ravens on the screen.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Still waiting on my damn SB Champs hat to come in the mail. Grrrr...[/i][/font]

Gah, my next Ravens package will include a Champs Hat, Champs Shirt, and Lewis Jersey. The thing is, I dont have spare money at the moment, so my dad said he will get them for me if I get straight a's this semester. He also promised me an iphone on that same bet lol.

[quote name='IMissMattStover' timestamp='1360441151' post='1351987']
[b]Anyone know which stats were inproved for Joe on Madden after this postseason?[/b] I feel like at least his tackle break, awarness, and Throw Power/Accuracy should go up considerably.
[/quote]
[quote name='beasy2487' timestamp='1360444413' post='1352083']
Haha [b]how do they rate Flacco?[/b]
[/quote]

well, the Ravens themselves moved up to an overall rating of [b]92[/b] on madden. a few of Joe's notable ratings are:

Overall [b]93[/b]
Speed [b]71[/b]
Awareness [b]90[/b]
Throw Power [b]98[/b]
Short Accuracy [b]89[/b]
Medium Accuracy [b]88[/b]
Deep Accuracy [b]85[/b]
Throw on the Run [b]77[/b] (this is horrible! Joe was a beast doing this in the playoffs)

~Mili

I like it, but I was watching something on the NFL Network site, an interview with Jacoby, and he said he wishes everybody would go back to sleep on us like the did during the entire post-season.

[quote name='ghost1986' timestamp='1360535284' post='1353335']
I like it, but I was watching something on the NFL Network site, an interview with Jacoby, and he said [u][b]he wishes everybody would go back to sleep on us like the did during the entire post-season.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

i know what he means by that but i absolutely couldn't stomach every one being against us and not giving our boys a chance to beat the colts (i included them cause they started off our playoff run to the Superbowl), broncos, patriots or 49ers. i hated constantly hearing "why" the Ravens can't beat this or that team and "if" the Ravens are gonna have a chance against this or that team etc, etc, etc. after our boys won the Superbowl...all i have to say to those cats is...."how you like us now?" LOL!!!

~Mili