Photo

I'm Loving the Ravens Being in the National Spotlight!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

i just got to say that i am really diggin' the Ravens being in the national spotlight. how about you guys? i mean....after winning the Superbowl, it seems like our Ravens are all over the place. disney world, every sports channel, magazines, talk shows (i.e. letterman etc.), nfl replays etc, etc, etc. even when i step into a place sporting my Ravens gear (hat, jersey and jacket) complete strangers are telling me; "congratulations on your win!" or "we were pulling for the Ravens." the rest of the world is FINALLY getting the opportunity to see why we love this team! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 09 February 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#2 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

i just got to say that i am really diggin' the Ravens being in the national spotlight. how about you guys? i mean....after winning the Superbowl, it seems like our Ravens are all over the place. disney world, every sports channel, magazines, talk shows (i.e. letterman etc.), nfl replays etc, etc, etc. even when i step into a place sporting my Ravens gear (hat, jersey and jacket) complete strangers are telling me; "congratulations on your win!" or "we were pulling for the Ravens." the rest of the world is FINALLY get the opportunity to see why we love this team! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili

Yeah, it's great! While some of the mindless negativity remains(should there have been a flag?), most has gone away.

You are exactly right. This attention is bringing to light the uniqueness and greatness of this franchise and Team. Raises the level of pride to be a fan of the World Champion Baltimore Ravens!

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#3 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I love all the love and the hate.

The best part? We get to find out the strength of everyone's convictions next season. Fanhood is fanhood, but this is the best time to brag about having been a fan prior to the championship.

Posted Image

#4 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

The best part? We get to find out the strength of everyone's convictions next season. Fanhood is fanhood, but this is the best time to brag about having been a fan prior to the championship.

Meh don't need to brag about being a fan longer than other fans

The benefit I expect from the national spotlight is that I no longer have to order ravens stuff I can get it in store at these places that used to carry just 31 teams worth of gear...

Edited by Tiz, 09 February 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#5 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Amongst my family, friends and coworkers I'm known as a pretty passionate Ravens fan. My car has Ravens plates, I use a Ravens lanyard to hold my work credentials, I defend the Purple and Black in all football conversations, etc.. That said, I've felt really awkward having people congratulate me all week! I just say thanks, I'm glad your happy for me, but it's the Team that deserves the congratulations.

I've been a Bmore football fan for a long time, but have never experienced this level of pride in my Team.

Thank You Ravens!!!

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#6 quoth_the_raven_neverscore

quoth_the_raven_neverscore

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

The benefit I expect from the national spotlight is that I no longer have to order ravens stuff I can get it in store at these places that used to carry just 31 teams worth of gear...

lol i hear that; i was at this sporting goods store here in september and again in october and they had not one piece of ravens memorabilia. i asked them why and they just shrugged "no demand for it, sorry." out of curiousity i went there yesterday and they had an assortment of items. i think the one guy there recognized me because he smiled a little bit when i came in, and i said "what a difference a day makes, huh?"
"All we got is EACH OTHER and that's all that matters! That's ALL THAT MATTERS!"

#7 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

lol i hear that; i was at this sporting goods store here in september and again in october and they had not one piece of ravens memorabilia. i asked them why and they just shrugged "no demand for it, sorry." out of curiousity i went there yesterday and they had an assortment of items. i think the one guy there recognized me because he smiled a little bit when i came in, and i said "what a difference a day makes, huh?"

Atleast it had one thing lol
One store I went into in November had some nice designed sweatshirts for every team but Baltimore
Didnt have a he ravens stuff at all. The guy said he could order anything for me, I told him can do the same at home, dummy.

The one thing about being in az tho is some of the mall stores will carry boldin and suggs ravens jerseys trying to play on that az connection

#8 quoth_the_raven_neverscore

quoth_the_raven_neverscore

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Atleast it had one thing lol
One store I went into in November had some nice designed sweatshirts for every team but Baltimore
Didnt have a he ravens stuff at all. The guy said he could order anything for me, I told him can do the same at home, dummy.

The one thing about being in az tho is some of the mall stores will carry boldin and suggs ravens jerseys trying to play on that az connection

that's cool that they pay respect to that
"All we got is EACH OTHER and that's all that matters! That's ALL THAT MATTERS!"

#9 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,131 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I live in Eagles Country where the inferiority complex of their fans is sky-high. Fans around here assume that, if you root for the Ravens, it's because of the local boy Joe Flacco. So trust me, I needed this.

Posted Image

#10 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

while i am glad that our Ravens have pick up more fans on their championship run (we call them the "bandwagoners"), it is a great feeling to know that we "true" Ravens fans have been supporting them years (prior to this Championship) before all of the hype surrounding them now began. even on madden they have been boosted to a 92 overall rating! boy...it feels great to be a Ravens fan! lol!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 10 February 2013 - 05:10 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#11 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Love seeing us everywhere, but seeing all of the hate towards guys like Ray Lewis and Joe Flacco on any given Ravens thing I see is really annoying.

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#12 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I live in Eagles Country where the inferiority complex of their fans is sky-high. Fans around here assume that, if you root for the Ravens, it's because of the local boy Joe Flacco. So trust me, I needed this.

I respect that

#13 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Anyone know which stats were inproved for Joe on Madden after this postseason? I feel like at least his tackle break, awarness, and Throw Power/Accuracy should go up considerably.
He who laughs when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on Earth, with a top speed of 120 feet-per-second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Entropy just isn't what it used to be.
Never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills and a laxative on the same night.

#14 UMDan

UMDan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

I like the attention, but I don't think it'll change that much in terms of respect from the talking heads.

#15 beasy2487

beasy2487

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

while i am glad that our Ravens have pick up more Ravens on their championship run (we call them the "bandwagoners"), it is a great feeling to know that we "true" Ravens fans have been supporting them years (prior to this Championship) before all of the hype surrounding them now began. even on madden they have been boosted to a 92 overall rating! boy...it feels great to be a Ravens fan! lol!

~Mili

Haha how do they rate Flacco?

#16 marylandmike12

marylandmike12

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

except when you watch sc and they say the same thing over and over and over.

#17 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,878 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

With online stores it helps, I love being able to go to 5 Below and Big Lots and picking up discount Ravens stuff lol
68f2a8.jpg

#18 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,753 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I got great stuff at BJ's today. They have the shirts with the front page from the Sun and they have the commemorative book put out by the Carroll County Times.
15fqib6.jpg

#19 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Back in August I was in Modells in Germantown and I was looking at their hats. They had 1 Ravens hat, 6 different Redskins hats, and 9 different steeler hats. I looked at the guy behind the counter and said "what gives?" He shrugged his shoulders. I'll bet you they have all of their hats now!!!!!!!

Edited by bMore Heathen, 09 February 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#20 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,194 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Anyone know which stats were inproved for Joe on Madden after this postseason? I feel like at least his tackle break, awarness, and Throw Power/Accuracy should go up considerably.

How about his tackling after he stopped Ted Ginn's return :268213:
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users