Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] What Will The Super Bowl Ring Look Like?

63 posts in this topic

Owner Steve Bisciotti and President Dick Cass revealed a few details on Thursday.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/What-Will-The-Super-Bowl-Ring-Look-Like/bdd12965-4555-4f80-987b-59b31dafa44f]View the full article[/url]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]"Big"... that leaves a lot to the imagination. I keep picturing this thing the size of a golf ball.[/i][/font]

[quote name='18stanjo' timestamp='1360356219' post='1350596']
Engraved on the side should be, "Thank you Ray, you'll always be remembered."
[/quote] It's not like he died. ;)

I get what you're saying though.

I can't wait to see it sounds like it will be really nice! I think they'll get them in June that's when the Giant's got theirs last year.

Skip Baylis just said the Super Bowl ring that the Raven's won is tainted. Just make that ring a statement piece that will silence all critics.

[quote name='jackrogers' timestamp='1360357518' post='1350652']
Skip Baylis just said the Super Bowl ring that the Raven's won is tainted. Just make that it is a statement piece that will silence all critics.
[/quote]Skip Balless is a clown. What he says isn't worth what I flush down the toilet.

I wanna see something like a diamond Ring Pop, but bigger, with the Ravens logo laser etched in 3d, with the words "Haters Gonna Hate" right above it.

[quote name='jus'_crAzy' timestamp='1360357928' post='1350664']
I wanna see something like a diamond Ring Pop, but bigger, with the Ravens logo laser etched in 3d, with the words "Haters Gonna Hate" right above it.
[/quote] Ring pop? I love it! Maybe they'll all be eating Fun Dip and chewing Big League Chew at the ring ceremony.

I like the idea of keeping our same ring but just making one part of the B for Baltimore another diamond for our Lombardi.

I hope it's classy and not 20lbs from all the diamonds...

Maybe throw in a tribute to OJ, too? He's been an inspiration to the franchise for a good time

Here's an idea:

On the top - The B logo in purple stones, outlined in Yellow diamonds.... Lombardi trophy on each side (left n right) of the B logo utilizing white diamonds... representing our 2 SB's

Right Side - Art eched on the right side (because he did the "right" thing in bringing Baltimore a team and for other obvious reasons

Left Side - Each player's number etched

Hey BmoreB, Thats a pretty big ring. Maybe we could have a team picture on it and behind the team have the Baltimore skyline. lol

[quote name='jackrogers' timestamp='1360357518' post='1350652']
Skip Baylis just said the Super Bowl ring that the Raven's won is tainted. Just make that it is a statement piece that will silence all critics.
[/quote]

Who cares what that idiot says? The ring don't lie.

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1360362382' post='1350760']
Hey BmoreB, Thats a pretty big ring. Maybe we could have a team picture on it and behind the team have the Baltimore skyline. lol
[/quote]

nice shot lol.... I starting thinking maybe my idea was a bit much but I took a look at previous SB Rings and my design would definitely work.... one example, the NY Giants have the Giants NY Logo with 4 Lombardi trophies on the top of the ring

Actually...looking into history. It looks like most Superbowl winners from the past unveil their ring to the public @ around May..

it'll be a while till they get it I suppose.

It would be neat if they stayed with the logo theme and did the front face design so they can have 2 stones for the eyes signifying the second championship

I have always wondered how much these rings cost? I am sure all the players, including practice squad ones, all the coaches and top executives all get one. That should be at least 125 rings in my estimate. So how much would each one cost the team??

they have been known to cost as much as 10 grand and as little as 5 grand, I think the nfl gives the winning team a certain fixed amount for the rings, and anything extra they want done or if they go over the spending limit the nfl sets fourth the team is responsible for paying the difference

from the interwebs:
The NFL pays up to $5,000.00 per ring, with up to 150 rings per team. If the rings are over the $5,000 limit, the team owners must make up the difference.
Recent rings have been appraised in excess of $20,000 but manufacturers keep this information confidential.As of '04, the Patriot's ring weighed 3.8 oz and was approx. 33 % larger than the '01 ring to make the largest ring ever created.

our rings may require 2 digits baby!!