Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Anquan Boldin to retire if cut

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#61 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,927 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

If he was drafted here i think, I know, hed be right up there with ray and ed as one of the all time greats to put on a ravens uniform.

He bleeds ravens purple, he was meant to be a raven.

Did he get drafted before we had a chance to get him or did we pass on him for someone else?

#62 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yea hopefully we can extend him and get him to take a cap friendly 2-3 yr deal that he can retire at any time on. I would hate for him to have to retire quite before he is ready. He has given to much to the game to see him get caught in a tough spot like that.

Thats what I am talking about. We did it for Birk. Give him 3 years at 6 or 7 mill with a light bonus. Let him retire next year or the year after.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#63 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

I wonder how much of a paycut he's willing to take.

Maybe we replace that contract to spread out for two more years, thus $2.5 M per year sound fair, but can the team even afford that.

I think Matt Birk's contract is key here.

#64 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Did he get drafted before we had a chance to get him or did we pass on him for someone else?

I believe so , the Ravens were targeting Boldin, Oz was hoping to draft him but he was taken before they had a chance so they drafted Suggs... only to have Boldin traded to us, and lead Oz to say " there aren't many chances you get in this league to get a 2nd chance"...... in 2003 we wanted to get boldin but he was taken before we took jump on him.. today we get that 2nd chance" or something along those lines ( forgive me for I cant remember word for word BUT that was the jist) when Ozzie and staff was introducing Boldin way back when lolhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI6yFhd1FlY

Edited by Raven07, 08 February 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#65 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

I already had a ton of respect for Q for the way he plays the game, but this definitely made my respect for him go up even more. He definitely sounds like he would take a pay cut/extension in order to stay a raven.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#66 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

In that case, all signs point to his contract being restructured. I really hope that is the case.

I dont know, Ozzie made it a point in his end of the year press confrence yesterday that he REALLY wants to shy away from restructuring this offseason. You cant just keep pushing back the 7.5M that you owe Boldin it will make for worse scenarios down the road. If anything Ozzie might either extend Boldin, or cut Boldin then offer him a new cheap deal.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#67 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Pretty much knew this was the case. Anquan doesnt want to end up like Derrick Mason, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens etc. hopping from one team to another on a bunch of 1 year veteran deals. He will either have to take a $5-6M dollar pay cut or we will have to cut him. Theres a chance Ozzie could extend him and spread the money out over 3 years or so, but Oz will really have to work his magic. I wouldnt be surprised if we cut Anquan and then signed him to a 1 or 2 year cheap deal once we get the cap under control. BUT I have a ton of respect for Boldin, and theres no better way to go out then with a ring, and he was our offensive MVP besides flacco in this post season.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#68 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Anquan was a major factor in us winning a Super Bowl .He has plenty in the tank left on being a slot receiver .

We gotta keep him & Jones . If this costs a few defensive players so be it . Let some of the young studs on defense like
Jimmy Smith step up .

#69 quoth_the_raven_neverscore

quoth_the_raven_neverscore

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I really hope something can get worked out and he stays; either if he takes less money, or some of the other guys take the hit and renegotiate their contracts for less money to free up room for him. Sounds crazy, but guys do it when they want to keep a man with the team

Either way here's hoping it gets done. Q is money in the bank
"All we got is EACH OTHER and that's all that matters! That's ALL THAT MATTERS!"

#70 beasy2487

beasy2487

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Poor Arizona lol. It's like he has forgot all about them lol.

Zona never really valued him (the organization, not the fans). It was always the Fitz show. Baltimore embraced him immediately and remember Ozzie wanted him all along and was kicking himself for not drafting him. I think there's been a long standing relationship with this organization and they made it happen when the time was right. How can you not love this team?!?!?!

Edited by beasy2487, 08 February 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#71 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,169 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Boldin is a warrior like Mase was a warrior.

Those guys don't just grow on trees.

#72 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,384 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

His 2013 cap number is about $7.5 million.

We get $6 in cap space for cutting him.

The only thing I'd cut Boldin for is if we can snag a LT.

#73 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Boldin is a warrior like Mase was a warrior.

Those guys don't just grow on trees.

You ain't kidding . Since Caldwell became OC, Anquan started being used right .

He is better then Mason and not a complainer . I'm gonna be ticked if we have to
let him go or trade him , he's good for another 3 years .

#74 ghost1986

ghost1986

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Just last night I was saying, "I hope I didn't get Q's jersey too early", but after this, I am proud to be an owner of his jersey. I didn't want to see him on another team. I don't wanna see any of our guys on other teams, but unfortunately, that's part of the game. But this is one of the classiest statements I've ever heard a player make. And I know I may get a lot of negatives for this, but I think Ed Reed needs to have the same mentality. He's Ray Lewis's brother. I just can't see Ed on another team. No matter where he goes, he'll always be a Raven. I wish all players had this sense of loyalty. I pray Q is back in Black and Purple next year.
"Don't stop huntin'! Don't stop huntin'! Until you have him up on your wall!"-Ray Lewis to Terrell Suggs on hunting 49ers QB Alex Smith

#75 Tank 92

Tank 92

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Q will be on the Ravens squad next year. Bank it.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#76 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Sounds like Boldin is telling us he is willing to restructure :)

That is what I herd too.

When I herd the news I got excited. Boldin is as good as ours for a little wile longer.
Ozzie will NOT straight up cut the guy.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#77 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,528 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

That is what I herd too.

When I herd the news I got excited. Boldin is as good as ours for a little wile longer.
Ozzie will NOT straight up cut the guy.

Ozzie cut Mason. Ozzie cut Heap.
10wmids.jpg

#78 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,755 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

He was on our board and Ozzie wanted Boldin. Ozzie said "we finally got our guy" (paraphrasing of course) when we traded for him! He's a Raven!
Posted Image

#79 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Ozzie cut Mason. Ozzie cut Heap.

Yeah, but Q is playing well above those two at the same time.

( Give me a glimmer of hope please )
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#80 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

If I remember correctly, that was 2003 - we drafted Suggs with our original first round pick, then we traded our second round pick and 2004's first rounder to move back into the top 20 to take Boller. If we had stayed at our original second round pick we could have picked up Q - technically, we passed up on not only Q, but Osi, McGahee, Dallas Clark, Larry Johnson, Stinchcomb, EJ Henderson, Lance Briggs and Jason Witten to take Boller.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users