236 replies to this topic

#41 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

I love Boldin, but keep in mind that he played his butt off because he wanted a ring. He has that now. His incentive to play for less money might just be gone.

you make a good point but at the same time he may feel like the ravens are the best team he has ever play on and he rather play for them to get another ring than rather another team.

#42 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I definitely saw this coming. Actually just posted about it earlier, the good thing like others have said, is that Boldin would probably except less to stay. However, the man isn't gonna play for free. Can the Ravens get him to play for 2M and still save that 5.5M?

I think that would be best for all, but obviously Q would have to agree. I don't know him personally, but from what I do know the man isnt hurting for money. So maybe he would be willing to play at 2-3M in the last year of his career. All Q wanted was a Super Bowl ring to finish his career, he's not it. Now he'll either play this year or retire, but I don't see him staying for 2-3 years.

Don't be surprised to hear the same reports come out from Ed Reed in a few weeks. He'll either resign with the Ravens or retire
Posted Image

#43 fistfullwales

fistfullwales

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Here is the link from Rotoworld confirming this.
http://www.rotoworld...8/anquan-boldin

#44 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

man i hope we can get something done for Boldin he Joe's go to guy and one of Baltimore's most beloved players now and i dont think Tandon is ready to take on boldin's workload but ive been wrong before..

#45 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Dnt want him to retire
Flacco, Torrey, rice. Baltimores triplets

#46 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,115 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

The man would rather retire than play elsewhere? That's love, man.

Negotiating tactic or not, that's all love.

Posted Image

#47 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Sounds like Boldin is telling us he is willing to restructure :)

That's how I read it. Now sure why everybody is so upset about this news. This is excellent news! He wants to stay a Raven. He'd rather retire than play for another team.
Posted Image

#48 ravefan52

ravefan52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Says a lot about Anquan and this team and organization... but I wonder what he thinks about restructuring hmm

Miami Dolphins GM

#49 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

i hope restructure . hes a fav of mine. i dread the day i log on to a topic reed and boldin retire ,,,

#50 B-more Ravor

B-more Ravor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Here's what he said on PFT Live:

“For me that’s not something that I worry about,” Boldin told Erik Kuselias of Pro Football Talk. “I think you go out and let your play speak for itself. You deal with that if you have to, but, I think for m — I know for me — Baltimore is the only place I want to play. It’s the last place that I will play. For me, I’ll retire a Raven, I’m not putting on any other uniform.”

Boldin then reiterated the point.

“I won’t play in another uniform,” Boldin said. “We have a saying, once a Raven, always a Raven, and I’ll always be a Raven.”

http://profootballta...-cut-by-ravens/

As some others have said, sounds to me like he's open to an extension that will keep him here (and lower his 2013 Cap number).
“Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter - @RavensSalaryCap

#51 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,627 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

What a boss. That's what the kind of stuff I'm talking about with players taking a little less to stay here and play. Dudes that leave Baltimore after their rookie contracts don't know how straight up bad some organizations are run. Boldin doesn't want to play anywhere else and is talking retirement if he can't come back? LOVE IT! Just as long as Ozzie finds a way to bring him back lol.

#52 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

per the Baltimore Sun : http://www.baltimore...0,2762363.story "....Baltimore is the only place I want to play," Boldin said in an interview set to air at 5 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network. "It’s the last place that I will play. For me, I’ll retire a Raven, I’m not putting on any other uniform. .. We have a saying, once a Raven, always a Raven, and I’ll always be a Raven.”

Edited by Raven07, 08 February 2013 - 06:01 PM.

Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#53 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,995 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I love this man. I love that he represents the city wearing an O's cap. I love how he plays and the leadership he brings. I think an extension where he takes a salary cut is very possible. I know the FO wants to keep him around as long as possible, so guys like Leach and Jacoby may be cut in favor of Q. Ideally we give extensions to both Jacoby and Boldin so next year the cap hit is a little more palatable.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#54 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

If he was drafted here i think, I know, hed be right up there with ray and ed as one of the all time greats to put on a ravens uniform.

He bleeds ravens purple, he was meant to be a raven.

#55 Medications

Medications

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I hope we don't lose Jacoby, we were hurting in the return department for a while before him so it'd be dumb of us to cut him, he's worth the cap hit imo
- Ryan |Posted Image | Posted Image

#56 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Another guy I would like to see retire on a high note. Let's get Q a second ring! And while we're at it, let's give Webby his first SB victory as an active participant. Man, the season has not started yet and we already have great reasons for a repeat.

bJNF689.jpg

#57 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

I really hope he's open to restructuring and staying around a bit longer - he's a big-game player, and I think with Caldwell calling shots he's going to be even better for us over the next few seasons.

#58 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Here's what he said on PFT Live:

“For me that’s not something that I worry about,” Boldin told Erik Kuselias of Pro Football Talk. “I think you go out and let your play speak for itself. You deal with that if you have to, but, I think for m — I know for me — Baltimore is the only place I want to play. It’s the last place that I will play. For me, I’ll retire a Raven, I’m not putting on any other uniform.”

Boldin then reiterated the point.

“I won’t play in another uniform,” Boldin said. “We have a saying, once a Raven, always a Raven, and I’ll always be a Raven.”

http://profootballta...-cut-by-ravens/

As some others have said, sounds to me like he's open to an extension that will keep him here (and lower his 2013 Cap number).

Poor Arizona lol. It's like he has forgot all about them lol.

#59 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Poor Arizona lol. It's like he has forgot all about them lol.

More likely he knows what he has in Joe, then he looks over there in Arizona and sees Kolb/Skelton or a rookie like Matt Barkley or EJ Manuel probably throwing him the football.

#60 SuggsBarber

SuggsBarber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Geez,I hope we can keep him.Boldins' a Raven through and through.For the Ravens winning the championship,IMO he's as responsible as anybody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users