Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J-man

Anquan Boldin to retire if cut

237 posts in this topic

Got a txt from WNST ... very interesting since his name is at the top of the list for cap casualities.

I think that's cool he rather retire on top with us then play with another team.

I'm glad to hear this. If we extend him for another year or two, great. If not, we don't have to see him go to another team and potentially slaughter us. He has his ring now.

At this point he would be a very heart breaking cap casualty.

Really hope Ozzie can pull some more rabbits out of the hat this off-season

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1360353476' post='1350505']
Really, Is there a link to this??
[/quote]

I cant find a link, just a text.

Tweet for those wondering - [url="https://twitter.com/eknbc/status/299965187769901056"]LINK[/url]

He got his ring and was as big a part anyone to get it. Hope we keep him, hope he doesn't go, but that's out of my hands.

Not at all surprised. I thought he was going to retire, even posted about it recently. He did everything he could. He gave us everything. I'm so happy to have had him here. He's a big part of what we have become. I'm glad he would rather retire than play for another team.

I hope he comes back as a WR coach or some coach with us.

Restructure his deal...keep him here at least another year or two...I know Flacco is gettin a lot of credit...but Boldin had a good majority of plays since he's been here in which he's made Flacco look better than he really is...I think he's just as much Flaccos safety blanket as Mason once was

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1360354011' post='1350526']
Think it's a negotiating tactic?
[/quote]

Probably not. Wouldn't that be what the Ravens wanted anyways? If he's not playing for them I doubt they want him playing against them :lol:

I don't want to see him retire though, he's finally getting played right now!!

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1360354127' post='1350532']
Probably not. Wouldn't that be what the Ravens wanted anyways? If he's not playing for them I doubt they want him playing against them :lol:
[/quote]
True lol

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-historic-postseason-puts-anquan-boldin-in-record-books-20130207,0,4269438.story

[color=#292727][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
"His catches and receiving yards were both Ravens single-season playoff records.[/size][/font][/color][color=#292727][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
The yardage ranks Boldin seventh in NFL playoff history behind Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, Jerry Rice, Steve Smith, Charlie Brown and Anthony Carter."[/size][/font][/color][color=#292727][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[/size][/font][/color]

Blah. Q has always been one of my favorite players. He's clutch, has great hands and makes spectacular catches, which is pretty much everything you want from a reciever. I don't really care how old or 'slow' he may be, I think he's worth another deal if he restructures. Don't break the bank, but keep him around nonetheless. I haven't found a reliable reciever in Doss, and I personally don't feel like he's the future WR of this franchise.

Yea hopefully we can extend him and get him to take a cap friendly 2-3 yr deal that he can retire at any time on. I would hate for him to have to retire quite before he is ready. He has given to much to the game to see him get caught in a tough spot like that.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1360354598' post='1350549']
Sounds like Boldin is telling us he is willing to restructure :)
[/quote]That's how I see it. If he's willing to retire then it isn't about the money anymore. Bring him in at a discount since it's obvious he wants to stay in Charm City.

In that case, all signs point to his contract being restructured. I really hope that is the case.

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1360354278' post='1350541']
[url="http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-historic-postseason-puts-anquan-boldin-in-record-books-20130207,0,4269438.story"]http://www.baltimore...0,4269438.story[/url]

[color=#292727][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]"His catches and receiving yards were both Ravens single-season playoff records.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#292727][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]The yardage ranks Boldin seventh in NFL playoff history behind Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, Jerry Rice, Steve Smith, Charlie Brown and Anthony Carter."[/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]Holy hell, Nicks and Fitzgerald have THAT many receiving yards in the playoffs already?

Hope Flacco's agent is listening. Be wise, and lets bring all the young key players back.

We have the pieces to make this team into a world class dynasty.