29 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

The Ravens are sharing the trophy with everyone in the company.

View the full article

#2 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

That's awesome Ryan, I must say you have one hell of a job - if you want to call it that ;) Glad you got to share in the team's experience man, keep up the good work!!!

#3 ravensfanin tx

ravensfanin tx

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

This brings up an interesting thought.
I know that hockey clubs and baseball teams sometimes let players and coaches during the off season take their championship Stanley Cup and World Series trophy into their local communities to show off, have pics taken with it, etc. I was in Maine a few years ago and the Red Sox were there with a coach and thought? The state and local towns would love it....Lombardi Trophy night at the Elks Lodge in Cecilton? Awesome idea.

#4 RavenManiac20

RavenManiac20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

The positive emotions from winning a lombardi are never going to go away, but now its time to start thinking about the offseason.

My personal opinion is that Kruger and Cary cant be brought back. They are going to cost too much. We know Joe will get paid, leaving us handicapped. Right now we can do without Kruger and Cary, we have people to replace them (Upshaw for Krug, Webb will be back and we have Graham/Jimmy Smith to replace Cary).

That being said, the reason why I think we CANT let Ellerbe go is not only is he the best LB on the team, we simply have no one to replace him either. McClain will play next to him, after that we have Bynes who did okay but from Ray to Bynes thats a huge drop off. Ray to Ellerbe in this day and age to me is an upgrade. Ray to Bynes/McClellan/Brendon is a major drop off.

Same goes with Ed, but more from a leadership stand point. Ray is gone, who will lead the defense? Suggs plays with emotions, but to me he it doesnt appear he could lead a whole defense like Ray did. [profanity deleted] Ray lead the whole team. But Ed is vocal and possesses the same leadership skills as Ray, although not to the same level. Also look who can replace Ed. Omar is a fan favorite, but who knows if he is ready to play. And you cant go into a season hoping the person you are replacing a future hall of famer/the greatest safety of all time with will be good enough to fill the hole. You have to know. Which to me is why I think Ed has to be back and will have to groom his replacement for a year or two.

Its easy to say "draft their replacements". Really? Because if Ive learned anything from draft day, there is never any certainty a player will pan out. You cant let Ed and Ellerbe go and draft their replacements with the 1st and 2nd pick and be certain those players will fill the gap. Look at the draft with Sergio and Cody. We all thought they would both be future pro bowl players. 1 is already cut, and the other is probably on his way to being cut here soon.

In my opinion, its okay if Kruger and Cary walk

Edited by RavenManiac20, 08 February 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#5 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

I sure hope no one 'made out' with the trophy! LOL that would be uncomfortable.

And although the players and coaches make it happen on the field the other staff is deserving of a championship! You make not make any tackles, Ryan, but you and the rest of the media/marketing team make the Ravens a year-long passion for all of us. Keep up the good work and drink some OJ to ward off those Lombardi germs.

#6 QuiltedCupcake

QuiltedCupcake

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Great story, Ryan. Well written, and gives us a real idea of how "Team" means more than the guys in helmets. Harbaugh said it at the stadium on Tuesday, and your story confirms it. No, this isn't your mom. This story just really touched me, and wanted to let you know.
Jean

#7 lavenderlady

lavenderlady

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

After the first Super Bowl win, the Lombardi was in the team locker room during fan fest the following April, and the fans could touch the Lombardi and have their pictures taken. It was quite a thrill. It would be nice to have this happen again!

#8 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

ouhg is like kissing more than 200 guys mouths at the same time lol

#9 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

ouhg is like kissing more than 200 guys mouths at the same time lol

Took the words right from my fingers..."Remember kids, when you kiss that trophy, you're kissing everyone else it's been with!"

#10 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

lol good read Ryan I enjoy the caw

#11 BAM52

BAM52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Sounds like sloppy seconds or should I say sloppy 200's

#12 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Kissing a trophy that has been kissed by people who have kissed other people who have kissed things you don't even want to know about. Not to mention all the hands that have been on that thing and who knows where the hands been and the things they've touched.

I think there are going to be a lot of people in the Ravens franchise taking broad spectrum antibiotics in the upcoming days.

Ya'll are nasty!

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#13 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

They should name the trophy case in the Castle "The Paul Tagliabue Baltimore Football Museum." You know, because what Baltimore really needs is a football museum.

#14 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,345 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Feel great that the Ravens were able to seal the deal this season, lets get ready to do it again.

#15 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Nice self centered article Mink. Give me thumbs down all you want. You know its true. Stay mad and selfish

Edited by charliebucket, 10 February 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#16 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,871 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

After the first Super Bowl win, the Lombardi was in the team locker room during fan fest the following April, and the fans could touch the Lombardi and have their pictures taken. It was quite a thrill. It would be nice to have this happen again!

David Modell brought the last Lombardi to a Bull Roast and let us all touch it and have our picture taken. I still have that picture in my living room.
15fqib6.jpg

#17 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

I want your job, Mink!

#18 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

David Modell brought the last Lombardi to a Bull Roast and let us all touch it and have our picture taken. I still have that picture in my living room.

At Art Modell's public viewing at the stadium they brought out the Lombardi and had it by his casket. Myself and many of the other fans reached out and touched it as we walked by.
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#19 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

This is great!! I would love to have a pic with that trophy!

#20 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

one of my friends said it was like kissing his Ex. Cold, unattainable, and kissed by 100's before him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users