86 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,872 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

The Ravens need to strengthen the middle of their defense with the departure of Ray Lewis.

View the full article

#2 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

left tackle and every position on defense must be addressed in these next 2 drafts for future starters and depth.

Edited by The Greek, 08 February 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#3 jbr719

jbr719

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

I think our #1 target should be D Line or Linebacker. Like Ozzie said, the middle of the defense got run over this year. Need to get back to a more dominant defense and get some younger playmakers in there to help out Ngata and Suggs

#4 scraaw

scraaw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

scrap cody

#5 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

ya will hate me i know but Ed is good gone he wants money!! Also that Ed Reed doesnt tackles well either. we need safeties that hit . LT, LB, DL, SS,

#6 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Mount Cody is one of our worst players. He gets blown off the ball badly, often, and from what i understand from sources in the ravens in articles i've read, is not exactly a hard worker. It was interesting to read that Kruger had been the same way, getting caught up in the dazzle of the NFL player lifestyle and only recentlyh deciding to become a good player.

#7 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Joe Vellano>>> mt cody

#8 SBXXXV

SBXXXV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Looking back on the draft Vontaze Burfict really seems like it would have been a steal now.
Fills a void and cheap. I know a lot of Raven fans wanted him as an undrafted free agent. Me included.

#9 RAVEN8890

RAVEN8890

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Terrence Cody's worthlessness is on display when Kaepernick ran for his TD in the Super Bowl. With Ngata out, Cody was given a chance to prove himself on the biggest stage in football. He was blown off the ball and unable to take a correct angle to force Kaep out of bounds. To me, he is just a big body that is easily replaced.

#10 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

To those of you who love to talk draft strategy and such things: please visit our comprehensive draft forum http://boards.baltim...2013-nfl-draft/

I'm sure you'll find much to interest you there as some very knowledgeable posters share their thoughts.
10wmids.jpg

#11 raveninct

raveninct

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Ellerbe is the most important person to keep, imo. Think the def improved more because of him coming back rather than ray coming back. kruger next, then reed even though i would absolutely hate to see ed go. re burfict, he does look like a steal at the moment, but i don't think that will last.

#12 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

ya will hate me i know but Ed is good gone he wants money!! Also that Ed Reed doesnt tackles well either. we need safeties that hit . LT, LB, DL, SS,

I don't hate you and I don't disrespect Reed at all. But over the last 2 off-seasons, or 2 of the last 3, he contemplated retirement. That alone tells me he didn't think his body could handle the grind of the Regular season and playoffs. So I would think that anyone that is ready to sign him should think buyer-beware IF they are giving him more than his true market value. Greatest safety of all time in the previous 11 seasons does not mean that he will be greatest safety in 2013 Season. That's just real talk.

I could totally see them drafting all defensive players this year. I have a feeling that they will move KO to LT, and plug Reid in at LG since he got all those reps this past season

#13 pechillo

pechillo

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

PAY ATTENTION! WE WILL HAVE THE BEST DRAFT CLASS IN THE NFL BY DOING THIS. In the 1st round of course try to get Kevin Minter from LSU Middle Linebacker who is very versitile. 3rd Round get The Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu at corner because Lardarius Webb's ACL will never be the same. The 4th Round get RayRay Armstrong from University of Miami another safety from The U that is A LOT like Sean Taylor and is the biggest steal of the draft. Our Defense will be the best defense in the league like it deserves to be.

#14 The Voice

The Voice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

We probably will only be able to keep 3 of the following.

Kruger, Ellerbe, Reed, Boldin, McKinnie

Thats a huge problem! Kruger and Ellerbe are fastly approaching the top 10 best at their position! So do we pay them top 10 money now before we really have to fork out a lot once they have a huge season and want top 3-5 money?

Reed, Boldin and McKinnie played extremely well doing the post season. McKinnie and Boldin domininated! I'm sure they will not take pay cuts after those perfomances!
I do think McKinnie is a MUST!

I say we sign Joe and McKinnie then wait until after the draft before we make any Major decision! Maybe we have a great draft to relieve some pain of possibly losing great players!

I hate the idea of possibly losing any of these players!

#15 Bruce

Bruce

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Yes pechillo, you know exactly how to draft perfectly and know aht the probmes are right? I'm sure you can call Ozzie. He'll LOVE to hear what you have to say. Geez...some people....

#16 Bruce

Bruce

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

The Voice, I'd be happy keeping Kruger, Ellerbe and Boldin. But I think we'll only keep one of those IMO.

#17 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

pechillo - I almost stopped reading after you recommended Tyrann Mathieu. The guy is a complete mess. Isn't he still in drug rehab? Doesn't he still have to go to court to face jail time?

As far as Webb's ACL injury... while it will take time for him to come back to full strength, he's been through this before and came back as good as ever, so I don't know how you can so easily count him out.

#18 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Cody is god awful and he's just there on plays.I watched one play from the super bowl and he stuck his hands out and was chopping he feet at the Center like move or do something not stand there. i bet you if he unblock he still won't get to the QB and He's like 360 and can't push anyone it really frustrates me see him on the field in that game. I was screaming at my TV "why in hell is he in the Game NO!!!" on that play get pushed 5-6 yards back like OMG scrap him!

#19 ravensdog86

ravensdog86

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Kruger, Cary Williams gone. Matt Birk likely retired, Ray Lewis retired, Brian Mckinnie future uncertain...

Flacco
Ellerbe
Reed will be back

F/A or Draft Needs..

Elite Pass Rusher Opposite Suggs to replace Kruger, NT to help NGATA cause Keamouatu and Cody are bums. MLB to fill gap Ray left. LT if Mckinnie not signed.. CB/DB Cary Williams is gone, and maybe 1or 2 more offensive weapons..

so Heres what I like

1st rnd

Jarvis Jones OLB/DE, Deion Jordan DE,OLB, Alex Ogletree MLB, Shariff Floyd DT/NT, Matt Elam S, John Hankins DT/NT Kewann Short DT, Bennie Logan DT

Late 1st-2nd rnd
Tyler Eifort TE, Tavon Austin WR/TB, Barret Jones OT/G/C, Jesse Williams NT, Kyle Long OT/C

3rd Rnd
Bacarri Rambo S, Bandon Williams NT, Mike Gillislee WR/TB, Tyrann Matheiau DB

4TH Rnd
Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB, Jelani Jenkins DE/OLB, Sean Porter DE/OLB

Any of these Picks are fine with me... Especially the Pass Rushers and Line Backers

#20 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

I watched the news confrence and was happy to hear they were not going make the same mistake as 2001. I don't no why everyone keeps bringing up Boldin, he's not going anywhere. Ozzie hit right on with the middle of the defence, we gave up more rushing yards this year and it's not a Ray Lewis thing. We have room in the Cap as long as we don't tag flacco, that will hurt. I agree that Cody can go along with Williams if we need to make space to keep key players. I also agree with the guy that got negged for saying we need a DT to help with the pass rush. Sizzle will be back to 100% next season but we still need improvement in that area. Webb will also be 100% by August, he will come back strong, has had plenty of time to re-coup. The offence stays pretty much the same. If we can tighten that D back up next year we are absolutly a better team and will be able to make a run at the SB again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users