39 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Ozzie Newsome says he feels Ed Reed’s love of Baltimore could extend his stay.

View the full article

#2 eek

eek

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

i dont think it will be hard to keep Ed. I think Kruger will be gone cause no way we can pay him with what other teams will be offering. Cary i would like to see go as well, hes not that good. I think our db's will be better with the combo of webb, graham,smith and brown. Ellerbe should be an easy sign

#3 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Ed Reed has to retire a Raven.... he's done too much for this team not to!

#4 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

i dont think it will be hard to keep Ed. I think Kruger will be gone cause no way we can pay him with what other teams will be offering. Cary i would like to see go as well, hes not that good. I think our db's will be better with the combo of webb, graham,smith and brown. Ellerbe should be an easy sign

I'm guessing, and I'm sure many others are guessing the same, that they go either 1) DL 2) LB or 1)LB 2) DL in the draft. The coaches will figure out a way to maximize that personnel.

Ryan McBean will be back next season and that guy is a hog up front at 6'4" and 3bills whether he plays DT or nose.

Surprised they haven't been talking much about Christian Thompson taking the reigns at safety though. Guess he's just not ready for prime time

Edited by easternshore97, 08 February 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#5 angelraven

angelraven

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

I hope he stays and retires a Raven. He's as important to Baltimore's football history as Ray.

#6 sandcastle

sandcastle

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

i am a die hard chiefs fan but while watching nfl network the other day i seen the commercial where flacco said he was going to disney world. It just hit me whn you all won your first super bowl ray lewis was not invited i dont understand that move by disney after all mr walt disney was DISHONORABLY discharged from our millitary so who are they to judge. oh and i hope we get reed to teach berry how to be the best cause when he came out of collage the experts said he was the next ed reed so who better to teach him

#7 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

we really need to keep kruger and Ellerbre. I think Ed will go cause he will be asking for too much and we wont be able to go i think ozzie hinted yesterday in the press conference that Ed Reed will walk. Also williams will go cause in his mind he thinks he is shut down corner and will want to get paid like one.
Kruger, and Ellerbe are MAJOR importance of this defense. Kruger was a consistent player throughout this season.
Birk must retire, any update on McAdoo?

#8 sandcastle

sandcastle

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

i always loved watching ray lewis play unless you all was playing my CHIEFS lol congrats and goodluck nxt year

#9 Ed_Reezy

Ed_Reezy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

The bottom line is, Ed is a Raven for life. Ozzie has drafted so many solid "Marquee" players and all those who have been important to our franchise%u2019s success... he has found a way to keep them here.

Ed is vocal at times, a little too much IMHO... But the dude is a Baltimore staple. The one thing that we dont do in B-More is overpay people. That%u2019s how we can remain competitive every single year. Ultimately Ed is worth more in Baltimore post-retirement (events, guest appearances, signings, etc) than any other city. If he chooses to leave he will sacrifice just how much he can demand for events after football. If he stays, he basically secures his financial future after football, which is worth way more than the extra 3mil he will get over a 3 year contact. Ray realized the same thing back in 2008.

BTW, you think B. Grubbs wished he took the ravens offer right about now?

#10 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'm not a psychic or expert, but I'd guess Ozzie will let Ed do what Ray did...let him test the market, see what others have to offer, and then make as respectable an offer as possible. But it's hard to think that Ozzie would let sentiment get him into a bidding war over Ed.

#11 breden16

breden16

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

The most important piece is ellerbe. Kruger is important but we can't pay a situational pass rusher the type of money he wants and prob will get. That's why we drafted upshaw and than unless Cary Williams takes the deal we offered him before the season he walks. Ed reed I believe will ultimately be back but not right away. The most important thing we need to build around is our d line and hopefully Mcbean is back next year because he can help big time

#12 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

I agree with breden16 and many others when they say Kruger might be gone. Hes good but not THAT good. We can plug Upshaw in there and draft another OLB to learn the ropes but Ed Reed is an institutuion here. We need his leadership plus his skills.
Ellerbe is very important since Ray has retired and Willaims....well it would be nice to have him back but we have a lot of talent at CB so he better not try to hold Ozzie up.

#13 wmarkel

wmarkel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Personally, I do not believe Reed will be back. I know he loves Baltimore, but the all mighty dollar will prevail.

#14 scraaw

scraaw

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

i don't know - kruger and ellerbe were our pass rush - with kruger becoming a force. i'd try to keep both if it is at all possible.

#15 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

All of this draft talk about who we should go after...what if Reed does decide to leave, we have Pollard as SS and who @ FS? That is going to be our biggest hole to fill and a place I have a feeling Ozzie will be looking to draft some talent...

#16 budman

budman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I don't think Ed Reed goes anywhere else. It is NOT about money. He is so frugal with his money, he has plenty. It is all about the respect.. He will stay and he will be happy that he did.

#17 Flocker_86

Flocker_86

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Drop Cary Williams. His ceiling is too low. Makes mental mistakes and doesnt play 100% on every play.

#18 nickinfla

nickinfla

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

How about we split Ed's salary and make him a player/asst. secondary coach. I don't know if it can be done but he says he wants to coach so load the money on the coach side and keep the cap side money low.

#19 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Omar Brown is our future at FS.He is a hard hitting playmaker,so if Ed won't give us a hometown discount then we have a Beast in the waiting!!!

#20 Bruce

Bruce

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

I still can't understand why someone making millions of dolalrs can't make it in this world. I mean seriously, so Reed goes and say makes 5 million more in a 5 year deal. If he's already making millions, is it THAT important that he needs that much money? I'm all for people getting whatever they can but if he loves Baltimore so much he would stay because he already has more money than he knows what to do with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users