Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

2013 Australian Rules Football League

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Starts March 22nd. Who's watching? Who you rooting for this year?

This is a great way to pass the NFL off-season. If you've never watched, you're really missing out.

#2 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

This is a game that I always wanted to get into, but never had the time to sit down and actually learn it. Like up until a couple months ago, I thought this was the same as Rugby (another game I know nothing about).

Got some free time now so I'll look this up sometime.

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

#3 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

This is a game that I always wanted to get into, but never had the time to sit down and actually learn it. Like up until a couple months ago, I thought this was the same as Rugby (another game I know nothing about).

Got some free time now so I'll look this up sometime.

The elements of rugby are there, but the major differences are: the field is oval instead of rectangular, no offsides, forward passing is permitted and the ball is not carried across the goal line but must be kicked. The outer uprights are worth 1-point, inner upright is worth 6.

It took me awhile to really understand the game, so... no shame in asking questions.

Go Bombers!!

#4 George70

George70

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

The elements of rugby are there, but the major differences are: the field is oval instead of rectangular, no offsides, forward passing is permitted and the ball is not carried across the goal line but must be kicked. The outer uprights are worth 1-point, inner upright is worth 6.

It took me awhile to really understand the game, so... no shame in asking questions.

Go Bombers!!

Will wonders never cease? I've been for the lads from Windy Hill (Essendon) since the early-to-mid eighties!

See the Bombers fly up!

#5 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Will wonders never cease? I've been for the lads from Windy Hill (Essendon) since the early-to-mid eighties!

See the Bombers fly up!

I'm actually kind of embarrassed to say, I started out liking them just because of their uniforms. *LOL* Reminded me of the red-stripped A-Team van.

#6 George70

George70

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm actually kind of embarrassed to say, I started out liking them just because of their uniforms. *LOL* Reminded me of the red-stripped A-Team van.

Well, that also attracted me at first - but, during that time, Essendon played closer to a gridiron side than any other club in the competition.

Kevin Sheedy made his name as a coach at Essendon from 1981 to 2007. Four Grand Final Premierships show he was worht naming to coach.

#7 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

2013 Super Rugby season ("domestic" - in quote marks simply because it's the best city-based franchises from South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand).

It's basically the NFL of domestic rugby (probably more accurate is when International teams play) though there are European clubs too but are in separate leagues).

In terms of AFL - ever got into it myself -but I'm sure it'd be a great source of punters! :D (I'm sure there was an aussie or two that used to play Aussie rules that played in the NFL if I'm not mistaken).

#GetFlaccoHelpIn2014

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users