21 replies to this topic

#1 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

You know, I was just arguing with some 49ers fans on Youtube who have that excellent "selective no-call" vision that most of them seem to have when soemthing just hit me.

Why am I arguing with these people? Why is it as a fan base we seem so stuck on having others acknowledge our team and our QB? Why do I need their acknowledgement? My team just won the freakin' Superbowl, they can all pound sand for all I care. I've been kind of ticked off by all the whining and verbal tantrums the '9ers fans (and to some extent, Pats fans) have been flooding the internet with. But after that hit me, I honestly couldn't care less.

I'm going to enjoy this feeling, watch some highlights and then get ready for pitchers and catchers to report in 5 days and for the draft in 77(?) days. I feel better now.

Delays.jpg

#2 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,656 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Nobodies got it better than us!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#3 Nomad

Nomad

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

There's usually no point in arguing over the internet (especially on youtube vids). Then again it is fun to rub it in a little to all the haters who doubted the Ravens this season. Also, I've learned to avoid comment sections of sites, nfl.com in particular. Every time the Ravens had a game coming up there would be people that bashed the team. I guess it's good that Ray Lewis retired because I won't have to see all the "murderers shouldn't be in the nfl" or "the criminals won't win another game" comments. Of course, there will still be the select few that choose to try to spoil the happiness. Just enjoy that we have team that did the impossible (according to nearly every sports analyst that gets paid way too much money).

#4 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

I reached that epiphany re-watching the game. A much more blatant hold on Torrey not called in the 1st half, that even the announcers said should have been an easy TD, coupled with the do-over FG - refs spotted SF 10 points right there.
Realistically, if not for those very same refs, we'd have been up 15 points, despite SF's one decent quarter.
Not to mention that throw was too high and out of bounds.

We won that game fair and square.
No need to beat your head against the wall trying to convince the whiners making excuses.

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenbergf4ia7s.jpg

#5 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

Posted Image

#6 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,543 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

exactly! Remember the crap we hate about Steeler fans? We need to be better, just as we would be salty if we as fans lost.
68f2a8.jpg

#7 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

I dont care if it was holding or not.If anything ravens fans are the ones who should be heated.That blackout was BS.If we wouldve lost the game because our momentum was halted after being stop for 30 mins right after Jacoby scored on that kick return and Art Jones got that sack and had them on a 3rd and 13,theres not even a word for how upset id be right now.Not only did that blackout stop our momentum but it gave the 49ers a chance to get their heads back in the game.The blackout was a million times worse than any close call that couldve gone either way.Those were two entirely different teams we saw after that break.It was a whole different game after that.The game shouldve never come down to the last couple of seconds.The score does not indicate how much better we are than that team.It shouldve been 45-13 ravens.

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 08 February 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#8 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Yep, they got 35 free minutes to analyze our game and plan against it. What could we do? Analyze how they were losing? That time was far more vaualble to them than to us.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#9 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

You know, I was just arguing with some 49ers fans on Youtube who have that excellent "selective no-call" vision that most of them seem to have when soemthing just hit me.

Why am I arguing with these people? Why is it as a fan base we seem so stuck on having others acknowledge our team and our QB? Why do I need their acknowledgement? My team just won the freakin' Superbowl, they can all pound sand for all I care. I've been kind of ticked off by all the whining and verbal tantrums the '9ers fans (and to some extent, Pats fans) have been flooding the internet with. But after that hit me, I honestly couldn't care less.

I'm going to enjoy this feeling, watch some highlights and then get ready for pitchers and catchers to report in 5 days and for the draft in 77(?) days. I feel better now.

Teams may hate us now but after a few more rings (and I expect another one in the next two years) they will really hate us.

So is not worried about them hating right now as it wonky going to get worse
Flacco, Torrey, rice. Baltimores triplets

#10 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,792 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Feels good to be champs, legitimizes the players, coaches, and staff.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#11 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Your going to have fans of other teams always complain why their team lost and make excuses why. Its a no win against them.

#12 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Your going to have fans of other teams always complain why their team lost and make excuses why. Its a no win against them.

So, what's your excuse? ... *LOL* ... Just kidding. With all the hate you're receiving, one would think you worked at the Cheerio's factory and took a dookie in the whole batch.

Seriously though, I've always been respectful to the winning team after a hard loss. It teaches you humility and keeps you honest in the future. Anyone that has a hard time accepting the fact their team is not 'invincible' is just delusional and not worth the time or energy. Nor is complaining about a loss when your own team loses. There are much more productive ways to spend your time and energy (ie, Ray Lewis: "I'm pissed off for greatness!")

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#13 gotekiraven

gotekiraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Show them the Jello commercial. They got it better then us. We only have a Lombardi, but they have the smooth taste of Jello pudding. lol

#14 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,065 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

I've found your problem. That bolded right there. My solution, don't argue with people on Youtube or any other comments section.
Posted Image

#15 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

I've found your problem. That bolded right there. My solution, don't argue with people on Youtube or any other comments section.

qft

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

#16 gotekiraven

gotekiraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Let the 49er FANS cry about the play in which the ball was throw out of bounds that couldn't have been caught anyways, it just goes to show how desperate they are to explain away the loss. The 49 whiners and others forgot that the ref went against us last year in New England with the Lee Evans catch that was ruled a drop that would have sent us to the superbowl. We didn't harp on it. We just got over it and moved on.

#17 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,954 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

For me it isn't what the fans of other teams think or believe. It is the seemingly endless attempt on the part of the media to discredit everything we do.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#18 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

I enjoy the occasional argument over non-calls, because when people cry over non-calls as a Raven fan we can write a book with the countless non-calls or game-changing calls that have went against us over the years. ( vs Steelers, Colts, Patriots especially ).

Within that Superbowl I simply say, well if that's a holding and the WR ran into him right off the snap okay I'll give you that holding call, but then I want the roughing the QB call for Flacco when he was hit 3 yards out of bounds. ( that call would give the Ravens a first & goal with a shot at a TD rather than settling for a FG to go up 5. ).

I felt those refs called a very relaxed game that's why I can't complain about a couple of no calls. Cary Williams should have been thrown out, Torrey Smith was held a number of times down field, Suggs was tackled once when he was near a sack, we should have had at least 5 holding calls on the punt run out clock play.
Plenty of other calls I'm sure.

( Ed reed was not offsides on the 2pt conversion I super slow-motioned that 3 times ).

#19 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Besides I can't fault their fans, I mean it took winning this Superbowl for me to let go of the AFCG last year. Because I felt that PI was missed against Pitta the play After Lee Evans drop. And at time of the Lee Evans play I felt they could have called it a TD if they would have they would not have had enough evidence to overturn the call either.

Years ago bad call on Cody vs Pittsburgh, Cody get pulled to ground he is called for holding. Webb returns a punt to the house called back for no reason, S.Holmes never gets the ball across the goal line but is award a TD.... ( like I said us Ravens Fans have had enough of these go against us )

49ers fans need to realize that blackout took all of the momentum from the Ravens especially the offense

#20 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Show them the Jello commercial. They got it better then us. We only have a Lombardi, but they have the smooth taste of Jello pudding. lol

Actually, they (the Ravens) have the Lombardi.
We dont have jack!

I either want some pudding, or I want the Lombardi for one day!
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users