2013 NFL Strength of Schedule List

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Thunderbird_*

Guest_Thunderbird_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

The Baltimore Ravens have the 5th hardest schedule for 2013.

SOS: .535
Opponent Record: 137-119-0

1. Carolina Panthers (hardest)
14. New England Patriots
22. Pittsburgh Steelers
32. Denver Broncos (easiest)

http://www.nfl.com/n...f-schedule-list

#2 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

14. New England Patriots
22. Pittsburgh Steelers

Poor Panthers. Lucky Broncos, last season was easy for them as well.

Well, at least we won't have to worry about the Broncos in the playoffs. They will have such a false sense of security and won't be battle tested again.

All things aside these SOS rankings change a ton by the end of the season.
Posted Image

#3 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

SOS doesn't mean as much as it's made out to. Win-loss records aren't an especially good gauge of a team's success. The Ravensand Vikings went 10-6, but I imagine more teams are happy to see the Vikings than the Ravens.

Edited by NaveSenrag, 07 February 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#4 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,343 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Poor Panthers. Lucky Broncos, last season was easy for them as well.

They play in arguably the worst division in football, it helps them out.

The SOS based on this year is not going to be accurate because teams can change in quality very quickly in the league.

#5 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,683 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

I don't think our SOS is that bad, but really it depends a lot on the draft & free agency. Extremely/impossible to predict at this moment. But let's see who we play:

NFC North: Packers, Vikings, Bears, Lions. Any of these teams could contend. Vikings have an OK QB. Bears need some OL help bad to get anywhere. Packers also need OL help & a defense. Lions need secondary help & WRs not named Megatron as well as a RB.

AFC North: competitive again. Browns, Bengals, Steelers. They all play us tough, and the Browns just got tougher imo. They have a joke of a GM, but the coordinators are very good coordinators. Bengals have been good but have consistency issues. Steelers usually rebound well.

AFC East: usually the easiest division in football with the Patriots sitting atop it. Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Bills. I see the Jets as the clear bottom-feeder and I doubt they recover soon. Bills need a QB and are unlikely to get a great one this draft, even if they get Geno & then they need someone for him to throw the ball. Patriots have a weak defense imo with a need at WR & not many draft picks to do it. Dolphins are on the rise with a decent QB but need WRs like nobody's business & some OT help if not re-signing Long. Also need to get some more talent on defense.

1st Place Opponents: Denver, Houston.

Too hard to predict now. Teams can drastically change come Sept 2013. Free agency, draft, etc will really make a big difference, but I can see us back again in the playoffs. That's all we can ask for anyway.

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

14. New England Patriots
22. Pittsburgh Steelers

interesting to see how the same "usual" suspects (patriots and steelers etc.) always have an easier road than our Ravens. all i have to say about our schedule is.....WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#7 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,683 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

interesting to see how the same "usual" suspects (patriots and steelers etc.) always have an easier road than our Ravens. all i have to say about our schedule is.....WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

~Mili

To be fair, the Steelers play the 3rd worst team in the AFCW & AFCS. Then play the same teams we do. They should, since they were 3rd in the AFCN. I get that.

NE also plays in a division they typically dominate, with 3/4 teams not making the postseason. And the Broncos...well, not sure about them. They just got lucky, I suppose.

#8 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

~Mili

Steelers will have a seemingly easier schedule because they'll have a 3rd place schedule. So while we play basically the same schedule, they'll play the Titans and Raiders who went a combine 10-22, while the Ravens play the Texans and Broncos who went a combined 25-7.

With the Pats, they just play in a easy division. But it often works against them because they rarely get tested.
Posted Image

#9 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

SOS doesn't mean too much these days, especially when they are determined for next season. Lots of those teams that's supposely the weaker strength teams lost a lot of games by 1 score and they could just as well have won the game.

#10 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Of course Peyton Manning's team would be given the easiest schedule, while the Anthers of all teams would be given the hardest... :eyes:

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#11 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

The Broncos were suppose to have a top 3 hardest schedule in 2012 and now people would say they had it rather easy. We won't really know until during the season.

Edited by raybaby, 08 February 2013 - 03:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users