44 replies to this topic

#41 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,208 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

I understand the distaste for him because of his coaching, but I don't understand how some people can say they don't like him. Cam is a great person. Anyone remember the My Wish story about him meeting with a kid with leukemia, and what he did for the kid. Cam Cameron absolutely deserves a SB ring. He was key in Flacco's career until Flacco outgrew his offense. While we may not have won with him, he was a major factor in where we were as a playoff team THIS year, [b]even though he wasnt with the team for its run.[/b[

The off the field stuff is great, but we're not talking about that.

The bolded part - Would there have been a "run" with Cam, is my main gripe? Sadly for him, I think the answer is no and clearly the FO thinks that as well.
Posted Image

#42 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Report: Cam Cameron to be new OC for LSU

Bleacher Report tells me things that baffle me sometimes :S

Edited by Latch, 08 February 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#43 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think it is the very definition of invalid, in that we are essentially gifting him one due to his length of tenure with the team and relationship with John prior to getting s-canned! I truly feel we would have missed the SB if it were not for his firing.

Agreed. The play calling probably would have doomed us. But would we have gotten there without CCs coaching and offense? Maybe so, but he does deserve some credit. After all, Caldwell sure didn't have to start from scratch.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#44 bdravens

bdravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

The off the field stuff is great, but we're not talking about that.

The bolded part - Would there have been a "run" with Cam, is my main gripe? Sadly for him, I think the answer is no and clearly the FO thinks that as well.

I gotcha, I was just saying that I understood why people thought he didn't deserve one as a coach, but not why some people seem like it's personal.

I agree, I don't think we would've made it here with him this year. However, we were a drop away from him calling us to a Super Bowl last year - even though Flacco's play was stellar. So I believe that, since he was a part of the team for a large part of the season and did well at times, he should get one.
"We have Anquan Boldin, and youuuu dooon't"-Zibby
Posted Image

#45 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

You weren't impressed with the Giants game? As much as Caldwell did use the exact same playbook, Caldwell also simplified things to get Joe easy completions, found ways to scheme against press man etc. The pass protection issue certainly helped but we had the exact same Oline last year if you swap Osemele with Grubbs and Cameron still left something to be desired.

Cam deserves a ring, there's no question about that in my mind. This was his offense since 2008 and Cam was really the first OCoord that we had who knew how to score some points (also the first one working with a real QB), Cam deserves a ring more than dudes on the practice squad.

Joe Flacco's game last year versus patriots is what I thought this season would be like but with the shuffling of the line, Flacco's decision making and play calling as well, it just never happened until we got into the playoffs this year.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users