I don't have a problem with it...

#2 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

neither do I, I wonder we can get a video or interview of him getting a ring, just like to hear what's he saying...
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#3 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

He was completely instrumental to this playoff run

If he didn't suck so bad, we would be winning and Ray wouldnt have retired

If Ray's retirement was imminent, the team would have no cause to play for

If the team had no cause to play for, we wouldnt have cut him

If we wouldnt have cut him, Oher would still be on the left

If Oher were still on the left, receiver wouldnt have time to get open

If receivers dont have time to get open, Flacco doesnt hit Jacoby for a 70 yd td

If Flacco doesnt do that, He doesn't become a elite

If he doesnt become elite, we dont get a superbowl win

#4 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I have a major problem with this. Cam Cameron actively tried to interfere with this team's success. Ineptitude should not be rewarded.

Participation trophies are bad enough in youth sports, giving out participation Lombardi rings just cheapens the value for people that were actually helpful.

#5 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

I've stated my feelings in the other thread but I will do so again, since a new thread was started. Cam deserves the ring he's getting. His flaw was being a horrendous play-caller. But he laid the foundation to our offense.

This is his offense, but there is a different (more effective) person calling the plays. Cam was instrumental in bringing in the pieces (either by draft or FA) that helped make this offense run. Jacoby Jones, Torrey Smith, Pitta. Cam had a big say in bringing these guys in to fit the Air Coryell.

And let's not deny the fact that two of his former QBs have gone on to win the SB. Sure he didn't coach them there. But perhaps his hard headiness actually helped make these QBs who they are post-Cam.

Edited by PuRock, 07 February 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Always liked Cam even when I thought he should've been fired. Glad he's getting a ring. He's been a good help over the years, too.

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

Ray Rice got done dirty. Shame on you "Fans" and NFL higher-ups.

#7 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I have a major problem with this. Cam Cameron actively tried to interfere with this team's success.

This isn't correct. He didn't "actively" interfere with anything. He was doing what he thought would bring success. He was wrong, but he didn't purposefully try to make us lose.

#8 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I have a major problem with this. Cam Cameron actively tried to interfere with this team's success. Ineptitude should not be rewarded.

Participation trophies are bad enough in youth sports, giving out participation Lombardi rings just cheapens the value for people that were actually helpful.

Are you serious? How can you say that?!

We ran HIS offense. HIS offense, Caldwell might of called the plays but it was Cam's offense! Cam has his blame but Caldwell didn't impress me with the 3 remaining games after Cam's departure until (like I said all season) Bryant McKinnie returned to the line getting KO and Oher in their natural positions...

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#9 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Also, I appreciate how he didn't become a distraction. He came out and said he supported the move. He didn't point fingers are slander our guys when he had the chance.

He also has good relationships with the people on this team.
Posted Image

#10 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I wouldn't change anything about this season. He still coached very well early on.

2yno6dx.png

#11 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Poor Cam.
People forget how dramatically our offense improved when he became our OC.
Simple reality is he plateaued. He still did a fairly decent job at that. Not stellar.

I am glad he got a ring. He earned it and he deserves it. He has dealt with the firing with complete and total class.

Like it or not Cam IS a RAVEN.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#12 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

I've stated my feelings in the other thread but I will do so again, since a new thread was started. Cam deserves the ring he's getting. His flaw was being a horrendous play-caller. But he laid the foundation to our offense.

This is his offense, but there is a different (more effective) person calling the plays. Cam was instrumental in bringing in the pieces (either by draft or FA) that helped make this offense run. Jacoby Jones, Torrey Smith, Pitta. Cam had a big say in bringing these guys in to fit the Air Coryell.

And let's not deny the fact that two of his former QBs have gone on to win the SB. Sure he didn't coach them there. But perhaps his hard headiness actually helped make these QBs who they are post-Cam.

Not to mention that his style of play calling does help with the development of young QBs. It allows them to play football and concentrate on basics. Relieves some of the pressure. He just had a major issue with relinquishing the control when it was time. Oh and his predictable beyond belief play calling.

He needed to be fired for us to get where we are but he also deserves a ring.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#13 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

We ran HIS offense. HIS offense, Caldwell might of called the plays but it was Cam's offense! Cam has his blame but Caldwell didn't impress me with the 3 remaining games after Cam's departure until (like I said all season) Bryant McKinnie returned to the line getting KO and Oher in their natural positions...

Bunch, stack, motion, short passing: things we never saw with Cam. Caldwell might have been using the expanded version of the Cam playbook, but in no way was that Cam's offense. Things were done after his departure that were never done before, or at least not consistently, and that's more than enough for me to believe that it wasn't really his offense.

Edited by T3hRaven, 07 February 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#14 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

good for him. it's the right thing to do! but don't get it twisted...had he still been here, we wouldn't be celebrating our incredible playoff run that was capped off by a Superbowl Championship and our QB...Joe Flacco being the MVP! lol!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I don’t care about the opponent. They’re nameless, gray faces!"

- Mike Tomlin

#15 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Bunch, stack, motion, short passing: things we never saw with Cam. Caldwell might have been using the expanded version of the Cam playbook, but in no way was that Cam's offense. Things were done after his departure that were never done before, or at least not consistently, and that's more than enough for me to believe that it wasn't really his offense.

Because he had to use extra guys in pass protection....

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#16 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

He is going to get a ring pop, and a book on how to coordinate offenses for dummies

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#17 Footman DCXLV

Footman DCXLV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

I think we'll be better next season without him, but I think it's great that he's getting one. You constantly hear teams talking about how the end of the season is just the result of everything that's happened all the way back to OTA's. Just as everybody in IR and the practice squad gets a ring, Cam was with us more than he wasn't, and deserves one, too.

Posted Image

#18 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Well, if Cam is getting a ring (for holding Joe back the last 5 years), then could I get one too? ...Caldwell took the straightjacket off.
Naw really, he may deserve one if the staff approves.

#19 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Like most, I couldn't stand Cam as a play-caller, but after I read the interview with him about his being released and his thoughts on the team making a Super Bowl run -- I can't help but admire the guy. He was instrumental to our success for the last five-years, glad to see he is being rewarded for laying the foundation to our offense. I still wish him the best, wherever he lands.

Edited by CosmicRedPanda, 08 February 2013 - 01:01 AM.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#20 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Are you serious? How can you say that?!

You weren't impressed with the Giants game? As much as Caldwell did use the exact same playbook, Caldwell also simplified things to get Joe easy completions, found ways to scheme against press man etc. The pass protection issue certainly helped but we had the exact same Oline last year if you swap Osemele with Grubbs and Cameron still left something to be desired.

Cam deserves a ring, there's no question about that in my mind. This was his offense since 2008 and Cam was really the first OCoord that we had who knew how to score some points (also the first one working with a real QB), Cam deserves a ring more than dudes on the practice squad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users