36 replies to this topic

#1 quoth_the_raven_neverscore

quoth_the_raven_neverscore

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

There was a thread about this earlier this year, and our hopes have been answered. Steve Bisciotti has made it official at today's press conference, Ray will be getting a statue to join Johnny Unitas at M&T bank stadium.

http://www.baltimore...1a-e83aad595012

What a class organization. This is going to look amazing...
Posted Image
Posted Image
"All we got is EACH OTHER and that's all that matters! That's ALL THAT MATTERS!"

#2 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Awesome! Hopefully, his number will be retired too! :ravensquote:

MOD666 SUX & FUUX!!!!!!

#3 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,384 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

That's pretty cool. I wonder where they will put it. Will it be next to the Unitas one or on a different side?
Posted Image

#4 HaX

HaX

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

I want Ray in front of unitas to symbolize offense vs defense

#5 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

No question the pose above should be the model for the statue.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#6 zac_fuller

zac_fuller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Call me a troll all you want but based on Lewis' past and his reputation nation wide......this decision in my opinion (and I believe the opinion of the vast majority outside of Baltimore) is in VERY poor taste.

AHHHH man, i wish i could tell you that ravens fans and baltimore care about your opinion...but, not so much

#7 DWplayer

DWplayer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

AHHHH man, i wish i could tell you that ravens fans and baltimore care about your opinion...but, not so much

I deleted it dude. It's really not worth my time. You all enjoy your statue (unbelievable)

#8 zac_fuller

zac_fuller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I deleted it dude. It's really not worth my time. You all enjoy your statue (unbelievable)

you enjoy posting on the superbowl champions website, instead of whatever team you like

#9 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Oh we will, don't cry over it.

#10 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I like how you are getting offended considering you could probably care less about Baltimore sports

#11 ravensfan2424

ravensfan2424

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Trying to shift the topic back to the statue and not shaming this guy, I hope that statue goes on the side without Unitas. Its a perfect open area and you can see Baltimore Colts' sports legend and see the Ravens' sports legend on the other side.

1005856_10201063947747543_1065445185_n.j

#12 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

can't wait!
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#13 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,384 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Too bad we aren't in the business of catering to the rest of the nation. If that were the case, Baltimore wouldn't even have a football team right now. We are family and respect Ray Lewis for what he is and who he's become. We see the man more than the one event that all the haters want to paint him with.

Sorry if the statue offends you, because you obviously don't understand.
Posted Image

#14 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

i didn't see this posted anywhere,so here it is,sorry if it has been posted,Ray Lewis to get a statue,he deserves it. http://espn.go.com/n...tatue-ray-lewis

Edited by ThePurpleWall, 18 February 2013 - 06:33 AM.

Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#15 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

There isn't much news in that article. Just things we already knew from the State of the Ravens presser.

A warning to those who do venture over to the link: DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#16 bmorefan444

bmorefan444

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

There isn't much news in that article. Just things we already knew from the State of the Ravens presser.

A warning to those who do venture over to the link: DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS.

Ah, Come on! Now I have to go read the comments!
"That's once again the same people who told me I was too small, the same people who said I couldn't win a Super Bowl with our offense, the same people who said I couldn't play in a 3-4, ... Are they with me when I get up every morning at 6:30 to go to work? The day I lose a step is the day I lose love for the game." Ray Lewis

#17 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Why should Baltimore care about anyone outside of Baltimore or what they think? And I can absolutely 100% certain guarantee that the vast majority of people outside of Baltimore have no opinion whatsoever about Lewis getting a statue or not. The vast majority of people outside of Baltimore do not even know who Lewis is. So the opinion of one whiny little troll makes no difference to anyone.

Why don't you go back and post on a forum of your team that is not a SB champion this year.

Edited by jaege, 18 February 2013 - 10:40 AM.

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#18 descent into the maelstrom

descent into the maelstrom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm a Ravens' fan and here's what I don't understand:
Joe Paterno allegedly participates in obstruction of justice in some terrible crimes. Penn State removes his statue.
Ray Lewis is *convicted* of obstruction of justice in two homicides and gets a statue. (Note that those murders remain unsolved to this day.) I know he was a great football player, but in my opinion, that type of person does not deserve a statue. Maybe I am the only Ravens fan who feels this way.

To those who agree with Penn State removing Paterno's statue but think Lewis deserves one, that seems like hypocrisy. To those who think both deserve statues - well, at least you're consistent.

#19 melvinmelon123

melvinmelon123

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'm a Ravens' fan and here's what I don't understand:
Joe Paterno allegedly participates in obstruction of justice in some terrible crimes. Penn State removes his statue.
Ray Lewis is *convicted* of obstruction of justice in two homicides and gets a statue. (Note that those murders remain unsolved to this day.) I know he was a great football player, but in my opinion, that type of person does not deserve a statue. Maybe I am the only Ravens fan who feels this way.

To those who agree with Penn State removing Paterno's statue but think Lewis deserves one, that seems like hypocrisy. To those who think both deserve statues - well, at least you're consistent.

This is my philosophy on life: People shouldn't be remembered for the single worst thing they've ever done.

#20 slowhand

slowhand

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Not sure why you are trying to speak for the people outside of Baltimore.

I've never stepped foot in Baltimore and I love the fact that he will have a statue, the majority of people will be fine with it or simply won't care.

Nobody cares what the haters think about him getting a statue, their opinions are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users