Ravens-Saints Gameday      LISTEN LIVE      You Pick The Team      Kickoff Week   

Photo

[News] Ravens Not Basking In Super Bowl Glory

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,108 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

General Manager Ozzie Newsome said the Ravens are about five weeks behind.

View the full article

#2 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,355 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

do not let kruger go

#3 Tristan S.

Tristan S.

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

@The Greek : agreed! Kruger ramped it up in a huge way last year. Imagine what he can do with a healthy Ngata/Suggs taking the double teams away from his side of the line. Nasty

#4 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm glad we have one of the best, if not the best, Front Office's in all of football. I have confidence that all the right decisions will be made regarding players and the like.

#5 asraul10

asraul10

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

If we can somehow keep both Kruger and Ellerbe, we will repeat every year!

#6 ricebowl

ricebowl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'd love to keep Kruger, I just don't see it happening. We're tight up against the cap as it is, Joe's contract will push us right on the edge and we have a Upshaw and a healthy Suggs on the roster. I think all those things combined lead to Kruger playing for another team unless he's willing to sacrifice millions and millions to stay here.

#7 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I can't wait to see what we do in the draft

#8 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Please send let Cary Williams go, go far away from Baltimore

#9 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Jah is in the weight room doing toe curls.

#10 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Leech and Boulldin will probabbly be cap casualties. Suggs and Ngata has to resign. And For the love of God, I wish Joes agent looks out for the big picture and realize if he commits all that money to Joe , we will not be able to pay for a line down the road to prtect him, or recievers to throw to, or a D to back him up. Look what happend to the Chargers, Saints, and even the Pats after they gave the big QB contracts. The team around them has too many holes. This is going to be ugly .

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 05:23 PM.
Caps

#11 Fe Caprino

Fe Caprino

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

It looks like signing with Flacco is a must. I totally agree with @The Greek and @Tristan S. Kruger should stay. I'd love to see Ed stay and there's no way Ellerbe isn't staying. That probably means Cary is gone (I think we're fine with Webb back and Jimmy...).

#12 BmorePride5220

BmorePride5220

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Biscotti,Newsome,DeCosta,Harbaugh,Cass, and Moriarty: All star front office!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 05:24 PM.
Too many caps

#13 beasy2487

beasy2487

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Definitely saying goodbye to Kruger(sad) and Cary (not so sad). Praying we can keep Reed and Leach.

#14 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Wow! It never ceases to amaze me about the tenacity of our front office and coaching staff. Never a moment of rest, just keep improving day stacked on top of another....

This is how dynasties are built - brick by brick!

#15 purplejul

purplejul

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Love that Joe is not full of himself like so many great quaterbacks are ( we won't mention any names Mr. Bradey). Going to miss Ray though, Good Lord I'll miss watching him play!!! But must say hope we save enough money to not only keep Joe happy but also the guys that will be protecting him. Please Keep Reed, great player , bad singer!! Smile. You guys are awesome! !!!! Wish we could keep most of you ,though I know things will and must change.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 05:27 PM.
Too many caps, new member warned

#16 BmorePride5220

BmorePride5220

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

I would like to see Cary and Kruger go, they are going to command to much money, and we should keep Ellerbe, Boldin, Jacoby, and Vonta to keep the offense stable for Joe, so he can back up the contract hes getting, and so the LB corps can have at least one reliable guy shoring the middle

#17 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

When asked at the State of the Ravens press conference today, (on our site in its entirety,btw) Ozzie said major focus this off season will be on the defensive side, with the middle of the field being the main focus. But he will not pass on an offensive player if there is a good one out there.

Good press conference that answers alot of questions as to what direction this organization will take in the off season and draft outlook. There were some very interesting tidbits of information, including but not limited to, Flacco's contract, Ed Reed, use of franchise tag, free agency, eluding to possible retirements, positions of need, re-structuring contracts, etc.!

23jjplx.jpg

#18 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Leech and Boulldin will probabbly be cap casualties. Suggs and Ngata has to resign. And For the love of God, I wish Joes agent looks out for the big picture and realize if he commits all that money to Joe , we will not be able to pay for a line down the road to prtect him, or recievers to throw to, or a D to back him up. Look what happend to the Chargers, Saints, and even the Pats after they gave the big QB contracts. The team around them has too many holes. This is going to be ugly .

Brady took a reasonable contract. They just haven't been able to draft good secondary players. They are actually in a really good cap situation. I do hope Joe tries to consider the team in negotiations though.

#19 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

One benefit of playing through to the end of the season? Better chance you don't lose any assistant coaches or coordinators. If we'd lost earlier in the post-season, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Ted Monachino go somewhere. But we need to keep him around.

#20 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think I heard that some team is targeting our Linebackers' Coach, if I heard correctly, as their D-Coordinator!

So it begins! :(

As far as what players are going,... I haven't heard anything but speculation by those not in a position to know!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 11:20 PM.
Caps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users