Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens Not Basking In Super Bowl Glory

29 posts in this topic

General Manager Ozzie Newsome said the Ravens are about five weeks behind.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Not-Basking-In-Super-Bowl-Glory/f41ad494-c089-43df-92e2-ceece83b6c60]View the full article[/url]

@The Greek : agreed! Kruger ramped it up in a huge way last year. Imagine what he can do with a healthy Ngata/Suggs taking the double teams away from his side of the line. Nasty

I'm glad we have one of the best, if not the best, Front Office's in all of football. I have confidence that all the right decisions will be made regarding players and the like.

I'd love to keep Kruger, I just don't see it happening. We're tight up against the cap as it is, Joe's contract will push us right on the edge and we have a Upshaw and a healthy Suggs on the roster. I think all those things combined lead to Kruger playing for another team unless he's willing to sacrifice millions and millions to stay here.

Leech and Boulldin will probabbly be cap casualties. Suggs and Ngata has to resign. And For the love of God, I wish Joes agent looks out for the big picture and realize if he commits all that money to Joe , we will not be able to pay for a line down the road to prtect him, or recievers to throw to, or a D to back him up. Look what happend to the Chargers, Saints, and even the Pats after they gave the big QB contracts. The team around them has too many holes. This is going to be ugly .

It looks like signing with Flacco is a must. I totally agree with @The Greek and @Tristan S. Kruger should stay. I'd love to see Ed stay and there's no way Ellerbe isn't staying. That probably means Cary is gone (I think we're fine with Webb back and Jimmy...).

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, February 7, 2013 - Off topic · Report post

somehow we need to get Tommy Streeter in the lineup and let him make his mistakes all in pre season and half of the regular season....i know no one believes me but when we drafted him and the draft was over.... three days later i said i know he's not going to play but he will be a reason why we will repeat a super bowl run if we win one with him on the practice squad...i predicted the injury bug before suggs was hurt...i predicted it as soon as we got T. Streeter..... think about it....we always lost in the playoffs because of the players that were inexperienced in playing as a starter when the game was on the line, i quoted exactly these words" we need our backups to start during the reg season so we can have experienced depth in the playoffs and not lose by one play by a player who gets the jitters (T.J Housh, lee evans, billy cundiff, dominque foxworth, chris carr...)we this year like i predicted needed kruger to step up, ellerbe, corey graham, james ihedigbo , and especially jonny bones' older brother art jones.... i knew ahead of time that we would win the super bowl because my vision was confirmed the minute suggs was hurt...i was a little happy inside because i knew what was to come..what i didn't predict though was the up tempo offense of flacco... i honestly didnt care for it and never will because it pales in comparison to our power run game with pierce and rice...we will repeat as long as we have more rushing attempts than passing with a solid defense, which ours is almost immaculate in my eyes.... :)

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, February 7, 2013 - Off topic, and who cares? lol · Report post

if anyones wants to check my posts before the playoffs begin i stated about how more rushing attempts leads to wins....go look at my previous post in the past and you'll see i knew we were gonna win as long as we had more rushing attempts and played solid turnover defense.... who's wit ya boi? H0LLA!

Wow! It never ceases to amaze me about the tenacity of our front office and coaching staff. Never a moment of rest, just keep improving day stacked on top of another....

This is how dynasties are built - brick by brick!

Love that Joe is not full of himself like so many great quaterbacks are ( we won't mention any names Mr. Bradey). Going to miss Ray though, Good Lord I'll miss watching him play!!! But must say hope we save enough money to not only keep Joe happy but also the guys that will be protecting him. Please Keep Reed, great player , bad singer!! Smile. You guys are awesome! !!!! Wish we could keep most of you ,though I know things will and must change.

I would like to see Cary and Kruger go, they are going to command to much money, and we should keep Ellerbe, Boldin, Jacoby, and Vonta to keep the offense stable for Joe, so he can back up the contract hes getting, and so the LB corps can have at least one reliable guy shoring the middle

[i]When asked at the State of the Ravens press conference today, (on our site in its entirety,btw) Ozzie said major focus this off season will be on the defensive side, with the middle of the field being the main focus. But he will not pass on an offensive player if there is a good one out there. [/i]

[b][i]Good press conference that answers alot of questions as to what direction this organization will take in the off season and draft outlook. [/i][/b][i]There were some very interesting tidbits of information, including but not limited to, Flacco's contract, Ed Reed, use of franchise tag, free agency, eluding to possible retirements, positions of need, re-structuring contracts, etc.![/i]

[quote name='TorryGundy' timestamp='1360272236' post='1349508']
Leech and Boulldin will probabbly be cap casualties. Suggs and Ngata has to resign. And For the love of God, I wish Joes agent looks out for the big picture and realize if he commits all that money to Joe , we will not be able to pay for a line down the road to prtect him, or recievers to throw to, or a D to back him up. Look what happend to the Chargers, Saints, and even the Pats after they gave the big QB contracts. The team around them has too many holes. This is going to be ugly .
[/quote]

Brady took a reasonable contract. They just haven't been able to draft good secondary players. They are actually in a really good cap situation. I do hope Joe tries to consider the team in negotiations though.

One benefit of playing through to the end of the season? Better chance you don't lose any assistant coaches or coordinators. If we'd lost earlier in the post-season, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Ted Monachino go somewhere. But we need to keep him around.

I think I heard that some team is targeting our Linebackers' Coach, if I heard correctly, as their D-Coordinator!

So it begins! :(

As far as what players are going,... I haven't heard anything but speculation by those not in a position to know!

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1360279637' post='1349633']
I think I heard that some team is targeting our Linebackers' Coach, if I heard correctly, as their D-Coordinator!

So it begins! :(

As far as what players are going,... I haven't heard anything but speculation by those NOT in a position to know!
[/quote]

Word today is that he's staying.

[quote name='TorryGundy' timestamp='1360272236' post='1349508']
[/quote]
Don't jump ship yet. Although some will not make it here, some will. There are "creative" ways to write contracts without mortgaging the future. Just like with Joe's new contract, the cap takes precedence. Leach may want to stay for less. Boldin may like it here too. Freddy Kruger? Ellerbie? Even Mckinnie and #20?

Yes. I want them here too. I'd do what I could and let the likes of Cary Williams and even Ed Dickson walk. We may not be able to keep them all, but they all like it here. I bet JJ, Cory Redding and Ben Grubbs wish they had worked things out. I have all the confidence in the world of our front office and expect a playoff team... even with some departing and a tough schedule.

[quote name='Grapple Raven' timestamp='1360275626' post='1349571']
[i]When asked at the State of the Ravens press conference today, (on our site in its entirety,btw) Ozzie said major focus this off season will be on the defensive side, with the middle of the field being the main focus. But he will not pass on an offensive player if there is a good one out there. [/i]

[b][i]Good press conference that answers alot of questions as to what direction this organization will take in the off season and draft outlook. [/i][/b][i]There were some very interesting tidbits of information, including but not limited to, Flacco's contract, Ed Reed, use of franchise tag, free agency, eluding to possible retirements, positions of need, re-structuring contracts, etc.![/i]
[/quote]

Yeah - his comments were not a ringing endorsement on Terrance Cody. First comment was on improving at DT. That's a shame - I really wish he would have anchored that position at this point and we'd be able to focus on other areas.

My squeeler buddies thought I was gonna rub it in their face but, Im taking it in Stride because the Ravens should have already won two SBs in my eyes! And, this one would be their Fourth! The NFL just doesnt know whats going down in Bmore but, they are going to find out since they did not get the message this season! Joe Flacco is the lebron james of Football!

thats how the Ravens stay on top, they are always trying to improve even after a Super Bowl. Thats why they have one of the best front offices and coaching staffs in the league.They just reload every year. Go Ravens!!