25 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Baltimore mortgaged the future last time it won a Super Bowl. It won’t again.

View the full article

#2 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I think if we repeat we will be regarded as one of the top five elite franchises in the NFL. We would be tied with the Pats for trophies at that point, and then only the 9ers, Cowboys, and Steelers would be ahead of us in championships.

#3 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

the only one of the list i can afford to see walking away is carry willians

#4 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think if we repeat we will be regarded as one of the top five elite franchises in the NFL. We would be tied with the Pats for trophies at that point, and then only the 9ers, Cowboys, and Steelers would be ahead of us in championships.

you forget greenbay and the giants

#5 grand prix

grand prix

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Good move, though i hope they can keep Ellerbee, they are relying on their draft picks to keep this organization improving every year. I trust GM Newsome, he has a great track record.

#6 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

What an excellent and disciplined FO we have. However, we do need to understand that with their approach of avoiding restructuring deals, that will mean we'll lose more players now than we will really feel comfortable with as fans. I hate to see it happen, but such is life in the NFL as a reigning champion.

#7 jthoven13

jthoven13

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

sigh... In other words... Anquan may get traded for a draft pick... they've stated that Vonta may be cut. Saddening, but I understand what they trying to do. I guess we will wait and see what happens

#8 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

I don't know if you guys are familiar with the "Russell Street Report", but they have some good material on this subject. Here's a listing of all players under contract and their salaries:

http://russellstreet...com/salary-cap/

And here is an analysis of what you will see in the spreadsheet.

http://russellstreet...ency-preview-2/

#9 RF4L52

RF4L52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

If we can keep Anquan, Jacoby, Pitta, and Dickson, bring back Ellerbe, and have a solid draft as usual then I think we have a legit shot at repeating next year. If we lose Anquan and Jacoby to make cap space then I don't see it happening. But I do think we'll be set for the next 10 years once we get Joe a long term deal.

#10 ATL_Ravens_Fan

ATL_Ravens_Fan

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

This is why we have one of the best franchises in football. They know not to sacrifice the long term for the short term. We have been to the playoffs 5 straight years because of our FO. I'm hoping they can make Joe Flacco the only QB in history to make the playoffs every year. You see what restructuring contracts did to the Steelers. I'm glad we're not going down that road.

#11 asraul10

asraul10

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Wow, great organization. Why risk everyting for a repeat in 2013, when we can build for runs every year?

#12 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Same old same old,to win in 2013-2014 we're not the favorite, we can win 10 Super Bowl and it'll always be this way, I suggest we ignore the media and ESPN and just mind our business, no interviews or relationships

#13 Ethioraven

Ethioraven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Anyone else notice that Harbaugh is jacked?

#14 eek

eek

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

i would say let kruger and cary walk. cary isnt that good. he was 2nd in the league in allowing first downs. Kruger is a beast, but no way we can afford him and im happy with what ive seen from upshaw. so im not worried about losing kruger. i say resign ed to 2 yr deal let omar brown develop under him and sign ellerbe, when i healthy i think ellerbe was better than mcclain and lewis this past season

#15 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Keep doing what works don't change a thing!!!

#16 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Super Bowl would show consistency.....

Edited by Grapple Raven, 08 February 2013 - 05:04 AM.
Caps

#17 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Talk about class and a mature decision making process of the Ravens brass! Unreal - a very stout organization indeed. Built to last, built to thrive. Ravens are on the precipice of a dynasty!

#18 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

I agree that consistency with remaining competitive in the AFC-North is the smartest, best approach! It's not necessary to repeat as long as we're in shape to challenge as soon as possible!

We can get younger yet productive in some places and maintain some of those hard-baller FAs like "Q", Vonte , Graham and Bernie P!

I think Joe may still get the Franchise tag in 2013

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 07 February 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#19 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Anybody wondering why you don't restructure contracts just needs to look at the Steelers right now. Everybody lauded those moves for the last few years and now look: they're in a real cap crisis, with no Lombardis to show for it, and they're looking up at us and the Bengals from 3rd in the division right now.

#20 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,015 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

This is a great article Ryan! I like the way Ozzie Newsome thinks, we need to be smart and not repeat the mistake of 2001. Our chances of making the playoffs numerous years is better if we don't put all our eggs in a one and done year. Besides if we have a good draft and resign Ellerbe, McKinnie, extend Boldin and get Webb and McClain healthy and back to form and maybe Reed resigns at a hometown discount - we will be just fine. I would love to have Williams and Kruger back, but I just don't think we will be able to match what others will offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users