38 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,309 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

John Harbaugh has talked with Lewis about coaching, but the legendary linebacker isn’t interested.

View the full article

#2 dapooz

dapooz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I remember a few years back when wanted to test free agency and he spoke to Shannon Sharpe about the matter. Shannon responded telling Ray how he was so beloved in Baltimore and how important it would be for him to stay put. He went on to say that one day they'll build a statue of you here in Baltimore to honor you with all the other greats. He ended by telling him that will take him a lot further being in the hearts of many. Ray stayed, and we all saw the outpour of love here on tuesday. We await the statue.

#3 dapooz

dapooz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Jan. 28, 2009: Former Ravens tight end Shannon Sharpe tells The Sun he advised Lewis to re-sign with the team. "I told Ray: 'Consider returning. You're like [John] Elway in Denver and [Dan] Marino in Miami. They should erect a statue of you next to Johnny Unitas. That's the kind of impact you've had in Baltimore. That should mean something to you.'"

This is what Shannon said to Ray when trying to convince him to stay. Thanks Shannon. I for one hope you're correct!!

#4 BAM52

BAM52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

This entire experiance has been awesome and dream come true. It feels great in one moment but weid in another moment because there is no more games to look forward to until August.

#5 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Maybe Ray'll want to coach someday in the future. Because he'd make one heck of a coach.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 02:13 PM.
Profanity

#6 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

The most important contribution Ray can make now is not just for the Ravens but for the community, and I don't mean financial.
Ray has a Christian message that our culture needs and now he has a platform and an audience.

#7 charliebucket

charliebucket

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Good thing Ed Reed has shown interest in coaching

#8 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'd put that statute right out front... RavensWalk.

#9 Claire

Claire

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I want there to be a Ray statue, but after Joe Paterno's was removed, it makes me nervous.

#10 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

This entire experiance has been awesome and dream come true. It feels great in one moment but weid in another moment because there is no more games to look forward to until August.

BAM the victory hasn't warned off of me yet :)

The only said part honestly is there is no more Ray on the field. It's like a parent realizing a kid has that been around them for 18 years almost everyday of their life and now they are gone off to college and will be leading their own life soon.

What they call it the "empty nest" syndrome? LOL

Ironically Ray is leaving the Ravens nest to move on to a new life. After watching all of his early career highlights on the NFL Network this week, there is no doubt that this man is the best MLB to play the game. Leading the playoffs in tackles this year shows that he had a major impact on our defense from year 1 to year 17.

#11 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Put the statue right next to Johnny U's to symbolize Colts past and Ravens present. Two of the GOAT right next to each other. Ray for president!

#12 Bill3887

Bill3887

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Way to go Ray and I hope that you do enjoy working for ESPN and congrats on the statue going up sometime in the future, and I love you Ray!! I hope Ray will come back into the game and coach when the time comes if he desires, the guy is a great motivator.

#13 PurplePassion824

PurplePassion824

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I love the statues over at the yard with the "Orioles Legends". We now need one over at the Bank. We have Johnny, I would love to see Ray lined up with his hands on his knees waiting for a play and Ed leaping up for an int.

#14 RayLewisLastRide#52

RayLewisLastRide#52

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

@purple passion824 what about Art Modell

#15 Orphan456

Orphan456

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

I think there should be a statue of Ray outside of the stadium, maybe closer to the entrance than Johnny U's. If it is not a pose of him in that stance from the squirrel dance that would an injustice. Check out this for a model;
http://spawn.com/toy...px?product=3260

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.
Caps

#16 The Away Raven

The Away Raven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Put that Ray statue up and soon. Retire his number and in 4 or 5 years draft his son. The apple doesnt fall far from the tree

#17 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

We could put it in front of the Castle/Performance Center to welcome rookies on their first day of arrival. It would be fitting since Ray was a great mentor.

#18 Ravenmatic

Ravenmatic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

A Johnny Unitas, Ray Lewis and Art Model statue ! perfect pieces for "The Bank" !!!!!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.
Caps

#19 cawmonaco

cawmonaco

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I recommend my friend, Toby Mendez who was commissioned to create the Orioles Legends at Camden Yards. He is a fantastic sculptor- just look at his work at Camden Yards. It speaks for itself.

#20 reed20fence

reed20fence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Reveal the statue at mid field in next year's season-opener against the Steelers.

Then move it to its rightful place next to Johnny U right outside the main gates of The Bank.

Also, make the warriors he battled the most - the Steelers - watch as his number is retired.

Then go win the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users