133 replies to this topic

#1 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

According to Espn, audio of Flacco on the free kick was picked up and apparently Flacco was heard telling teammates that if Ginn starts to break it go tackle him. Apparently Birk asked Flacco if he was going to and Flacco said yes. Lol just a brief summary, I thought it was a pretty funny little piece. Thoughts?

Edited by Miami Hurricane, 07 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.

"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#2 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

If you get a chance its on soundfx

Didnt think much of it at the time other than he was really worried and wanted to win.
Think it was funny when asked why he doesn't go out and tackle ginn

#3 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

If you get a chance its on soundfx

Didnt think much of it at the time other than he was really worried and wanted to win.
Think it was funny when asked why he doesn't go out and tackle ginn

Thanks I'll check it out. It was just kind of funny to see that they were talking about doing that.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#4 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Yeah he was going down the sideline telling everyone if he breaks it, just tackle him. Pitta says something to him and Joe says "maybe they can give them a td for that but I don't think so" lol

I thought it was pretty funny myself.

I also found it funny when they told him about the car. he's like, I get a car? Then he looks over at someone and goes, hey, I get a car lol

Edited by ravensdfan, 07 February 2013 - 12:21 PM.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#5 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yeah it was pretty funny. He seems like a pretty hilarious guy but likes to keep his humor amongst his teammates and not for public show. I like that about him. Let Joe be Joe.

#6 Medications

Medications

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yeah I thought that was funny, apparently the rule there would be "palpably unfair conduct" and the official can indeed award a score if he sees fit. So it wouldn't have mattered, but it would have been hilarious and would have gone down in NFL history for sure
- Ryan |Posted Image | Posted Image

#7 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Yeah I thought that was funny, apparently the rule there would be "palpably unfair conduct" and the official can indeed award a score if he sees fit. So it wouldn't have mattered, but it would have been hilarious and would have gone down in NFL history for sure

I don't think it would have been hilarious. I think it would have been an embarrassing way to try and cheat our way to a SB title.

Glad it didn't come to that - though I'm sure Flacco was joking anyway.

#8 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

I lol'd when I first read this on another site. knowing Joe and his personality. lets just hope its not blown out of proportion.
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#9 darklight1216

darklight1216

Sith Lord

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

When I saw this on Espn I laughed hysterically; thought it was hilarious.

Was it the Raiders that said ''if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough?''

EdReedTrain.png

#10 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Nfl.com has the scoop here

http://www.nfl.com/s...kle-ted-ginn-jr

I'd be willing to bet money it was a joke, but as we all know jokes ring with truth. Obviously it didn't happen and talking about it isn't a crime. But it would have gone down as one of the strangest things to have ever happened in a game, let alone the Super Bowl.

Edited by Dudeman, 07 February 2013 - 01:48 PM.

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#11 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

I don't think it would have been hilarious. I think it would have been an embarrassing way to try and cheat our way to a SB title.

Glad it didn't come to that - though I'm sure Flacco was joking anyway.

Yea agree, this really paints Flacco as a joke, reeks of major embarrassment to the Ravens organization. I hope we don't hear any more antics or he will be compared to Jay Cutler.

#12 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Yea agree, this really paints Flacco as a joke, reeks of major embarrassment to the Ravens organization. I hope we don't hear any more antics or he will be compared to Jay Cutler.

the content of the speech; it only reveals how nervous he was during last 4sec of the game cuz that's how your lips think rather than your brain....it's funny in the hindsight....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#13 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,773 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

It's call gallows humor or a dry sense of humor-- most likely helped to lighten the mood a bit it was all offensive guys. I have heard several beat reporters say the dull Joe is an act, he really pretty funny.
68f2a8.jpg

#14 IMissMattStover

IMissMattStover

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Ok so during that last set they kept talking about a "free kick" can someone explain this rule to me?
He who laughs when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on Earth, with a top speed of 120 feet-per-second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter.
Entropy just isn't what it used to be.
Never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills and a laxative on the same night.

#15 ROH522155

ROH522155

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

You annoy me.

Edited by ROH522155, 07 February 2013 - 02:08 PM.

Posted Image
"Victory now, Ravens forever"

#16 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

.....really?

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#17 MrPlankton

MrPlankton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Still mad about that thrashing the Clots got?

#18 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,991 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Are people really making a bid deal out of this?! Seriously!

I thought it was hilarious, and every Ravens fan should know damn well Joe wouldn't do that lol.

Even if he did I couldn't be mad at him. Only if it was for sure that Ginn would score. I don't care man, the lights turnt off should of never been that close lol.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#19 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

i have no idea why you are even on this forum because you are clearly not a fan. please just stop posting here!!
Posted Image

#20 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,991 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

This comment paints you as a joke. lol
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users