Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Oakland Cathedral

Flacco Final Play Comments

135 posts in this topic

According to Espn, audio of Flacco on the free kick was picked up and apparently Flacco was heard telling teammates that if Ginn starts to break it go tackle him. Apparently Birk asked Flacco if he was going to and Flacco said yes. Lol just a brief summary, I thought it was a pretty funny little piece. Thoughts?

If you get a chance its on soundfx

Didnt think much of it at the time other than he was really worried and wanted to win.
Think it was funny when asked why he doesn't go out and tackle ginn

[quote name='Tiz' timestamp='1360257530' post='1349221']
If you get a chance its on soundfx

Didnt think much of it at the time other than he was really worried and wanted to win.
Think it was funny when asked why he doesn't go out and tackle ginn
[/quote]Thanks I'll check it out. It was just kind of funny to see that they were talking about doing that.

Yeah he was going down the sideline telling everyone if he breaks it, just tackle him. Pitta says something to him and Joe says "maybe they can give them a td for that but I don't think so" lol

I thought it was pretty funny myself.

I also found it funny when they told him about the car. he's like, I get a car? Then he looks over at someone and goes, hey, I get a car lol

Yeah it was pretty funny. He seems like a pretty hilarious guy but likes to keep his humor amongst his teammates and not for public show. I like that about him. Let Joe be Joe.

Yeah I thought that was funny, apparently the rule there would be "palpably unfair conduct" and the official can indeed award a score if he sees fit. So it wouldn't have mattered, but it would have been hilarious and would have gone down in NFL history for sure

[quote name='Medications' timestamp='1360258669' post='1349239']
Yeah I thought that was funny, apparently the rule there would be "palpably unfair conduct" and the official can indeed award a score if he sees fit. So it wouldn't have mattered, but it would have been hilarious and would have gone down in NFL history for sure
[/quote]

I don't think it would have been hilarious. I think it would have been an embarrassing way to try and cheat our way to a SB title.

Glad it didn't come to that - though I'm sure Flacco was joking anyway.

I lol'd when I first read this on another site. knowing Joe and his personality. lets just hope its not blown out of proportion.

When I saw this on Espn I laughed hysterically; thought it was hilarious.

Was it the Raiders that said ''if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough?''

Nfl.com has the scoop here

[url="http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000000136893/article/joe-flacco-willing-to-break-rules-to-tackle-ted-ginn-jr"]http://www.nfl.com/s...kle-ted-ginn-jr[/url]

I'd be willing to bet money it was a joke, but as we all know jokes ring with truth. Obviously it didn't happen and talking about it isn't a crime. But it would have gone down as one of the strangest things to have ever happened in a game, let alone the Super Bowl.

[quote name='terpsnation' timestamp='1360258983' post='1349253']
I don't think it would have been hilarious. I think it would have been an embarrassing way to try and cheat our way to a SB title.

Glad it didn't come to that - though I'm sure Flacco was joking anyway.
[/quote]

Yea agree, this really paints Flacco as a joke, reeks of major embarrassment to the Ravens organization. I hope we don't hear any more antics or he will be compared to Jay Cutler.
[color=#808080][font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=2]

[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='funky141' timestamp='1360263049' post='1349319']
Yea agree, this really paints Flacco as a joke, reeks of major embarrassment to the Ravens organization. I hope we don't hear any more antics or he will be compared to Jay Cutler.

[/quote]
the content of the speech; it only reveals how nervous he was during last 4sec of the game cuz that's how your lips think rather than your brain....it's funny in the hindsight....

It's call gallows humor or a dry sense of humor-- most likely helped to lighten the mood a bit it was all offensive guys. I have heard several beat reporters say the dull Joe is an act, he really pretty funny.

[/quote]

You annoy me.

[/quote]

.....really?

[/quote]

Still mad about that thrashing the Clots got?

Are people really making a bid deal out of this?! Seriously!

I thought it was hilarious, and every Ravens fan should know damn well Joe wouldn't do that lol.

Even if he did I couldn't be mad at him. Only if it was for sure that Ginn would score. I don't care man, the lights turnt off should of never been that close lol.

[/quote]
i have no idea why you are even on this forum because you are clearly not a fan. please just stop posting here!!

[/quote]
This comment paints you as a joke. lol

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1360264862' post='1349350']
.....really?
[/quote]

I agree. Kinda don't know what to say. I am sure it was a joke. What has happened to where people can't even joke? Helps to take the edge off. And I am sure that whole team was on edge. And PLEASE do not compare Flacco to Cutler. Flacco didnt leave the game cause he got a boo boo. Can't we just celebrate and be happy the Ravens won?? Geezzz.....

[quote name='IMissMattStover' timestamp='1360264009' post='1349334']
Ok so during that last set they kept talking about a "free kick" can someone explain this rule to me?
[/quote]

There's something called a "fair catch kick" that people should use a lot more often (IMO). It's a fun rule where you fair catch the kick and then your kicker gets to kick it from [i]that[/i] spot on the field (not 7 yards behind) while the ball is being held. He also gets a running start for the kick (like a kickoff) and the defense has to be 10 yards back. Too bad Koch booted that free kick to the 19. The 49ers would've had to have a kick go 91 yards through the uprights to tie on that type of play.

lol people are taking this really seriously on nfl.com . smh people cant get over the fact that baltimore won. haters gonna hate.

[quote name='tsizzle95' timestamp='1360265689' post='1349369']
lol people are taking this really seriously on nfl.com . smh people cant get over the fact that baltimore won. haters gonna hate.
[/quote]Right!! It's pathetic

A joking, off-the-cuff remark. Are people going to cry about this like EVERYTHING Joe says?

Get over it, he balled out, and he [b]was not[/b] losing that game on a kick return.

People blowing this up... There is no doubt this was a joke. Lets see, do any of you really think Flacco or another Raven would do this if Ginn did break out and was about to score? No way.

Yeah im actually reading some articles and comments treating this as though he was anything but joking. I'm amazed at the unbelievable amount of morons there are out there, but I guess I shouldn't be.

All it takes is one moron idiot reporter to write a story as though Flacco was anything but joking, which someone somewhere will do because that's the headline that will get clicks, and anyone passively reading it who didn't actually see the footage or hear the audio, which is probably most people, will take it as fact and go from there. This happens all the time with the media in general, sports or otherwise, which is why they're all so despicable.

[color=#808080][font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=2]

[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Just stop! Seriously, just stop posting!

[/quote]

Almost as embarrassing as when you predicted the Colts would score 30