104 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,580 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Ngata gets MRI, Cameron gets a ring, Ray watches son sign, Steelers fan struggling.

View the full article

#2 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Who cares what Steelers fans think?! We are the best this year, so deal with it!! I do hope Haloti is ok, and I'm personally glad Cam gets a ring.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 02:23 PM.
Caps

#3 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

It's a shame Cam's ring can't be sold and the money put towards the cap...But I guess he did put in the time...

#4 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

After the season the Ravens had the Sqeelers and Patriots are no longer a mental threat, the Browns and the Bengals are. I'm still waiting for Lamarr Woodley to apologize to Joe Flacco for a remark he made a few years ago about him " Joe Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in his lifetime " I've even went on his FaceBook page to tell him, cmon Lamarr be a man

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 02:28 PM.
Special character profanity

#5 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

I still see Reed and Cary Williams as our two main cap casualties. Reed will want way too much money for a 34-year old, banged up safety (remeber: as brillaint and iconic as he's been in the Ravens' history, a new contract is never about the past, but the future. no player, including Reed should - and will - get a better contract because of his past. Mean, but it's that oft-mntioned "business side of football"), and as for Cary Williams, I think we have a good enough CB corpse without him. He could stay for cheaper, but he won't. Looking at his impressive INT's, I'm sure a franchise will throw the kind of money in Ozzie would never be willing to match - especially with the cap situation we're in.

Oh, and one more: though he isn't a free agent, I think Birk won't be here in August, either: I think he'll retire. That leaves us with Gradkowski at C.

bio

#6 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

All this is just guessing, ( except the part about the Sqeelers hating us ,Ditto).
I think we need to have a little faith in the wizard of Ozz and see how things play out. The salary cap is a neccesary evil in the Nfl and nobody likes to lose a favorite player to it. I believe we have some wiggle room in the cap this year even with Joe getting the Big money as long as they don't franchise him, that would hurt us with the Cap. We all know what players need to stay to keep the team intact to make a run in 2013, and I think Mr.B and Ozzie will do the right thing and keep us competetive.

#7 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

It's a shame Cam's ring can't be sold and the money put towards the cap...But I guess he did put in the time...

Couldn't disagree more: I think he fully deserves the ring. Not because he was a brilliant OC, of course - but he had his share in our eventual success.

bio

#8 ravens2thebowl

ravens2thebowl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

steelers fans are the worst. i hope they enjoyed the super bowl. next year we are coming to tie their championship number, every one of those dimwits seem to conveniently forget that the Ravens are not the only team that has ever played in Baltimore.

#9 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Starts drinking coffee. Starts reading Late for Work. Sees Cam Cameron is getting a ring. Spits out coffee. Sees steeler fans struggling. Sigh of relief. I'm satisfied.

#10 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

All this is just guessing, ( except the part about the Sqeelers hating us ,Ditto).
I think we need to have a little faith in the wizard of Ozz and see how things play out. The salary cap is a neccesary evil in the Nfl and nobody likes to lose a favorite player to it. I believe we have some wiggle room in the cap this year even with Joe getting the Big money as long as they don't franchise him, that would hurt us with the Cap. We all know what players need to stay to keep the team intact to make a run in 2013, and I think Mr.B and Ozzie will do the right thing and keep us competetive.

Well, I guss this is just about the Season of Guessing: the free agent moves, the retirements, the early trades, the draft forecasts - this time of the year is almost exclusively about guessing. I think we should brace ourselves for the usual sea of predictions, guesses and forecasts, about 90% of which won't be realized :)

bio

#11 ravens2thebowl

ravens2thebowl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

and Cam deserves a ring. He was here for a long time and played his part in getting this offense to where it is. I know Biscotti will agree with Harbaugh and give Cameron a ring, that is what classy organizations do. We certainly are a classy organization with a very classy owner.

#12 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

The real fun is to put all the "pundits" predictions about who we will/should let go/lose in free agency together... The last two weeks or so I've read that we should cut/trade (mainly for clearing up cap space) Boldin, Oher, McKinnie, Leach, Pierce, Pollard, Taylor, Dickson, Jimmy Smith, Graham - and these are only the ones I can remember...

And it'll go on like this until about Week#1.

Though, i have to say this one about parting ways with Leach is still the most idiotic one...

bio

#13 bmore_kman

bmore_kman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Back in October, I was in the neighborhood CVS when a new employee (I'm enough of a regular that I know everyone who works there) sees me in a Ravens hoodie and starts talking smack about how bad the Ravens and their fans are. Surprise, surprise, he's a Steelers fan. So I ask him, "aren't you new here? And you're starting off by trying to antagonize the customers?" He looked confused, as if he couldn't understand why this should be an issue (or maybe he just didn't know what "antagonize" meant). When he still kept running his mouth, I told him, "look, I'm didn't come in to talk trash with the help", and walked away...
Week after week if I came into the store when he was in there, he would either have some remark about how the Ravens were going to lose the next game, or would simply be giving me the stink eye from a distance. Still, I stuck to my guns and didn't waste time on him...
So this week, of course, it was payback time! I've been in the CVS several times since the Super Bowl win, and every time decked out in different items of Ravens gear. I make it a point to go to this guy's register every time, never saying a word, no trash talking whatsoever, but making sure the glare of the purple, black, and gold was in his face every time. Last night I had the added bonus of coming in when he had two customers who were 49ers fans hanging out and commiserating over the Ravens' win and their shared angst at having to catch so much grief this week. Once again, I went to the Steeler fan/cashier's line, displaying my colors, nodded to the 49ers fans, and handled my business without a word, other than thank you when my transaction was complete. No words needed to be said; as I've said many times, I don't suit up, and I'm not on the field making plays, therefore I'm not going to be crowing and talking trash over games whose outcomes I had no control over. But you better believe, I'm going to show my Ravens pride and celebrate all I want - but I'll do it with class, unlike Mr. Cashier/Steelers backer...

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.
Too many caps

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

#14 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Reed, Williams, Birk, are gone. we need kruger and ellerbe provides more awesomeness and push

#15 bmore_kman

bmore_kman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

steelers fans are the worst. i hope they enjoyed the super bowl. next year we are coming to tie their championship number, every one of those dimwits seem to conveniently forget that the Ravens are not the only team that has ever played in Baltimore.

I have one here at work, whose refrain to everything is "six rings, six rings". As I told him, four of those rings were won in the 1970s, well before the Ravens' existence. Since the Ravens arrived in Baltimore, they and the Steelers have the same number of titles -two. So save the "six rings" nonsense...

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 02:34 PM.
Caps

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

#16 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Couldn't disagree more: I think he fully deserves the ring. Not because he was a brilliant OC, of course - but he had his share in our eventual success.

bio

Provide examples. This is Cam Cameron's body of work, in my mind:

1) Got Jim Zorn fired as QB coach when Joe failed to develop.

2) Failed to produce an original, effective game plan for road games.

3) Got fired. One bad game from Caldwell, then a Giant's blowout, a meaningless Bengals game, and you know the rest.

I don't believe for one second the Ravens would have gotten as far in the postseason as they did if Cam were around. My opinion is still that the Ravens succeeded despite Cam.

#17 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I really hope that we sign Flacco before the deadline. In order to do this, there must be some sacrifices made. The franchise tag is a deadly hit on our salary cap. We all loved Ed Reed and pulled for him to finally get his Super Bowl ring. Still from strictly a financial standpoint, it would make sense to part with him similar to the way that Heap and Mason did. Williams is another one that will probably go. Kruger has played well with Suggs out, just not consistantly good enough to warrant the kind of money that will be available in free agency. Just hearing Cameron's name makes me cringe. We still hate the Steelers no matter how many of them cheered for us in Super Bowl. That's who I want to see at home in the Thursday night opener. If you feel me on this, then let me know!

#18 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

We have the best front offices in the business, we questioned what they were thinking with letting Johnson, Redding and Grubbs go and we watched the next man step up, and we watched rookie's step up and they all helped this team and we won a Super Bowl without all of those players who we couldn't "afford" to lose (not only monetary). I have all the faith in the world in the Ravens FO, that they will make the best business decision availabel and put the best Ravens team on the field next season, as they have done since 1996!!!!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 07 February 2013 - 02:36 PM.
Caps

#19 BMORE = BEASTING

BMORE = BEASTING

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Steelers dont like the fact Ravens Nation has taken over AFC North. The Bengals have taken over second place and the Browns are aiming for 3rd. Where does that put Pitt?

#20 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I was pulling for the Ravens too! Where's my ring? As far as Cam getting a ring, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, he got fired! Give it to him - he's history!

Glad to hear that the stock in keeping "Q" has risen! Hope we find a way to keep Vonte!

Really glad to see the stats support saying "Sayonara" to Cary in favor of Corey (Graham)! Cary always plays soft and the !st down stats against says it all!!!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 07 February 2013 - 10:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users