17 replies to this topic

#1 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Some buddies and i were talking about what to do for spring break next month and going on a cruise was brought up. None of us have been on one so we dont know what to expect. I assume you need a passport where ever you go? Anyone have any recommendations for the place to find the best deals? Also, is everything extremely over priced? Just looking for some input from personal experiences....
KCCO

#2 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Look at purplenurple's Cruise Thread. He and his wife actually have working experience in the cruise business!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#3 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

While I have your attention, let me warn you that there is no law and order on the high seas. There is rampant crime on cruise ships because no nation has dominion over the oceans. I know many cases of blatant and egregious crimes taking place in international waters...
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#4 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

While I have your attention, let me warn you that there is no law and order on the high seas. There is rampant crime on cruise ships because no nation has dominion over the oceans. I know many cases of blatant and egregious crimes taking place in international waters...

examples?
KCCO

#5 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

examples?

There are entire sites devoted to the horrid phenomenom.

http://www.cruiserape.com/
http://www.lipcon.co...CFQqk4AodxUUAIw

I've heard from many people in the cruise business. You wouldn't believe the stories I've heard.

#6 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

There are entire sites devoted to the horrid phenomenom.

http://www.cruiserape.com/
http://www.lipcon.co...CFQqk4AodxUUAIw

I've heard from many people in the cruise business. You wouldn't believe the stories I've heard.

That's incredibly disturbing.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#7 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Just PM me any questions you have at all. Ill do my best to answer. Ive mostly cruised the Caribbean so I cant help you too much if your going to Europe or something.

PS, you're not gonna get raped. ;) Some of the guys here WAY over-think EVERYTHING.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#8 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just PM me any questions you have at all. Ill do my best to answer. Ive mostly cruised the Caribbean so I cant help you too much if your going to Europe or something.

PS, you're not gonna get raped. ;) Some of the guys here WAY over-think EVERYTHING.

Rape isn't a joke. It happens in extraordinary numbers on the high seas due to the unenforceable nature of international territory. Keep in mind, many rapes don't get reported, either.

#9 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Of course it's not a joke. Who said it was?!? On the other hand if you worry about all kinds of statistics when you want to travel you'll never leave your house. Relax with that crap.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#10 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

yea that is disturbing stuff, but i like to think the Marines trained me well enough to protect myself. Although, if its a female raper we are talking about....well, this is a different situation then
KCCO

#11 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Cougars are everywhere on the ships, lol. There's the real danger. Like I said, PM any questions and ill answer to the best of my ability. I've cruised 100s of times, although mainly as an employee. Doesn't really make a difference though.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#12 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

yea that is disturbing stuff, but i like to think the Marines trained me well enough to protect myself. Although, if its a female raper we are talking about....well, this is a different situation then

And rape isn't the only crime that occurs on ships. A lot of robbery goes on. You could make a living stealing all the valuables tourists bring with them.

Edited by flaccopoe, 11 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#13 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Just found out we are meeting my wifes brother and family in Venice in April and then doing an 8 day cruise through and around Greece.

Had nothing to offer in Nurps cruise thread a little while ago and now, suddenly, I am in the group here. First cruise for this guy!
Posted Image

#14 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

[profanity deleted]. And rape isn't the only crime that occurs on ships. A lot of robbery goes on. You could make a living stealing all the valuables tourists bring with them.

You work for a locomotive tour company dont you? CRIME OCCURS EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#15 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

You work for a locomotive tour company dont you? CRIME OCCURS EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME.

But it happens much more frequently in international waters, where there is no police force to fight crime.

#16 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

OK, Im done. You go live under a blanket where you feel nice and safe. I choose to live and travel at my own risk.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#17 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,368 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

I went on a cruise and returned with all my property and unraped... I didn't feel unsafe at all.

I liked it, maybe a tad too long. We went on a full week cruise but agreed we probably could have done with a 5-dayer. Perhaps that was just because one of our docking points was cancelled.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#18 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,981 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

My luck I'd gain 15 lbs and that would be a crime lol OR be stuck like that one in the Gulf-- no bathrooms or running water
68f2a8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users