47 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,599 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

The youth of our team (outside of the occasional veteran, Reed, Suggs, Birk, Ngata) is the potential starter of a dynasty out here in the AFC with the competition being

A Pats team minus Brady in a few years

A Broncos team minus Manning in a few years

A Texans Team that does not show up in the playoffs

A Cinci team with an overrated offense

A potential up and coming Browns team

A potential up and coming Colts team (they gonna be scary good in a few years if Luck pans out)

And a Steeler team that prob won't even make the playoffs next year......

So, the power might have turned to us here in the AFC. I do not think we will get the first or second seed tho. Our D will not be as strong as it as been in past years. And, we get a tougher scheduel than the rest of the NFL. What's changed right?

Other than that, this will be an era of offense for Bmore. All we needed this year was a mediocre D in order to win it all. Now, that young, potential up and coming D, has SB experience, and most of those players (Cept, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, and maybe Webb and Pollard) have not even hit their ceilings yet. Our D will at least be solid at worst.

But Bmore might have the best offense in the game. Here is why
  • They have one of the best young QB's ever to play the game.....

YOUNG QBs. Not all time great, yet. That is his ceiling.

Flacco has got all the physical tools to be a QB who can take over a game. He is about to enter his prime being the most winning QB in NFL history for his first five years, having a SB under his belt, and winning the MVP. His inconsistancies were the result of a Cam Cameron offense. Flacco is one of the 5 best QBs in the game, and has earned his elite status.

No questions asked. He had the greatest postseason for a QB ever in the last ten years, has the physical tools, has the intellegence, is in the right system now, has enough firepower to support him. And, there is only one QB in the NFL I would trust more in the clutch than Flacco (Peyton, for now). He has the IT factor. One of the few QBs in the NFL to have it.

Teams are going to have their hands full with trying to prepare for Flacco, but, things will become nightmarish when they see our Nuclear Bomb, he has at his disposal (he is after all the general)

2. They have one of the best all around players in the game behind him, in Ray Rice.

Ray Rice is the second best back in the NFL. While his running leaves a lot to be desired, he is far and away the best recieving back in the game. He is a home run threat, and a workhorse back, who teams used to prepare for. Now that Flacco has made his presence felt, teams are going to have to pick their poison in who they want to stop.

It is either get burned by Rice, or get shot down by Flacco. Pick your area of defeat. We are the only team in the NFL with an elite QB, and an elite RB. The Generals right hand man, is one that defenses fear.

3. American Express, Dreads, and Q, and our "Tiny Dancer (we really need cool nicknames for Torrey and Jacoby)"

American express is a top 5 TE. He has proven it. Has some of the best hands in all of football. HE, not Boldin, is Flacco's security blanket. He is talented enough to disrupt teams over the middle.

Flacco also has a tactical advantage here. He has TWO wideouts who can singlehandedly (no pun intended) take over a game.
Boldin did it vs NE,
Torrey did it vs DEN.
Jacoby Makes one hell of a WR 3.

These four weapons, along with General "Bazooka Joe" Flacco, and Rice, are ones that embarassed the leagues best D, far and away.

The offense will be potent next season Ravens fans. You can take away Rice, you can take away Joe, but you cannot take away both of them at once. This alone, will take us to the postseason, and make us serious contenders.

IF, we want to repeat (which is highly unlikley, but hey, we play better with this crap right?) we will need to

Resign Mckinnie, and take a LT to groom behind him.
Resign Ellerbe and Reed.

Improve Defensivley, see the other thread I made.

And draft defensivley (with the occasional offensive player).

I do not think there is a D in the NFL capable of stopping our offense. The One Two punch at QB-RB will be hard to stop. But Ravens fans, I will say it (I have been right this postseaon haven't I?), I think we got a dynasty on our hands.

We are young enough to win a few more championships.

#2 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Look I love Pitta. But he is not a top 5 TE. The only really elite talent on our offense is Yanda, Flacco and Rice.

Edited by izvoodoo, 06 February 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#3 JohnnyBoy8102

JohnnyBoy8102

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Look I love Pitta. But he is not a top 5 TE. The only really elite talent on our offense is Yanda, Flacco and Rice.

Pitta does have elite hands though. I can't remember more than a few drops in is career up to this point.
"There are six, seven players in front of me [financially] at my position that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."- Ed Reed

"Your a joke." -Mr. GM

#4 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

No but Pitta is definItely top 10. Torrey is an Elite deep threat. Boldin is an elite possession reciever.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#5 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

The youth of our team (outside of the occasional veteran, Reed, Suggs, Birk, Ngata) is the potential starter of a dynasty out here in the AFC with the competition being

A Pats team minus Brady in a few years

A Broncos team minus Manning in a few years

A Texans Team that does not show up in the playoffs

A Cinci team with an overrated offense

A potential up and coming Browns team

A potential up and coming Colts team (they gonna be scary good in a few years if Luck pans out)

And a Steeler team that prob won't even make the playoffs next year......

So, the power might have turned to us here in the AFC. I do not think we will get the first or second seed tho. Our D will not be as strong as it as been in past years. And, we get a tougher scheduel than the rest of the NFL. What's changed right?

Other than that, this will be an era of offense for Bmore. All we needed this year was a mediocre D in order to win it all. Now, that young, potential up and coming D, has SB experience, and most of those players (Cept, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, and maybe Webb and Pollard) have not even hit their ceilings yet. Our D will at least be solid at worst.

But Bmore might have the best offense in the game. Here is why

• They have one of the best young QB's ever to play the game.....

YOUNG QBs. Not all time great, yet. That is his ceiling.

Flacco has got all the physical tools to be a QB who can take over a game. He is about to enter his prime being the most winning QB in NFL history for his first five years, having a SB under his belt, and winning the MVP. His inconsistancies were the result of a Cam Cameron offense. Flacco is one of the 5 best QBs in the game, and has earned his elite status.

No questions asked. He had the greatest postseason for a QB ever in the last ten years, has the physical tools, has the intellegence, is in the right system now, has enough firepower to support him. And, there is only one QB in the NFL I would trust more in the clutch than Flacco (Peyton, for now). He has the IT factor. One of the few QBs in the NFL to have it.

Teams are going to have their hands full with trying to prepare for Flacco, but, things will become nightmarish when they see our Nuclear Bomb, he has at his disposal (he is after all the general)

2. They have one of the best all around players in the game behind him, in Ray Rice.

Ray Rice is the second best back in the NFL. While his running leaves a lot to be desired, he is far and away the best recieving back in the game. He is a home run threat, and a workhorse back, who teams used to prepare for. Now that Flacco has made his presence felt, teams are going to have to pick their poison in who they want to stop.

It is either get burned by Rice, or get shot down by Flacco. Pick your area of defeat. We are the only team in the NFL with an elite QB, and an elite RB. The Generals right hand man, is one that defenses fear.

3. American Express, Dreads, and Q, and our "Tiny Dancer (we really need cool nicknames for Torrey and Jacoby)"

American express is a top 5 TE. He has proven it. Has some of the best hands in all of football. HE, not Boldin, is Flacco's security blanket. He is talented enough to disrupt teams over the middle.

Flacco also has a tactical advantage here. He has TWO wideouts who can singlehandedly (no pun intended) take over a game.
Boldin did it vs NE,
Torrey did it vs DEN.
Jacoby Makes one hell of a WR 3.

These four weapons, along with General "Bazooka Joe" Flacco, and Rice, are ones that embarassed the leagues best D, far and away.

The offense will be potent next season Ravens fans. You can take away Rice, you can take away Joe, but you cannot take away both of them at once. This alone, will take us to the postseason, and make us serious contenders.

IF, we want to repeat (which is highly unlikley, but hey, we play better with this crap right?) we will need to

Resign Mckinnie, and take a LT to groom behind him.
Resign Ellerbe and Reed.

Improve Defensivley, see the other thread I made.

And draft defensivley (with the occasional offensive player).

I do not think there is a D in the NFL capable of stopping our offense. The One Two punch at QB-RB will be hard to stop. But Ravens fans, I will say it (I have been right this postseaon haven't I?), I think we got a dynasty on our hands.

We are young enough to win a few more championships.

You honestly trust Peyton "I choke in the playoffs" Manning more than Joe Cool in the clutch?
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#6 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Pitta does have elite hands though. I can't remember more than a few drops in is career up to this point.

I feel like we like we over rate our players. Most fans though.

Agreed Torrey is an elite deep threat. Absolute fear of god.

Officially.

#7 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I feel like we like we over rate our players. Most fans though.

Agreed Torrey is an elite deep threat. Absolute fear of god.

We do to a degree but Pitta actually does have some of the best hands in the NFL. Ya there is no arguing over Torrey not being an elite deep threat Lol he smoked Champ Bailey multiple times. That's quite the feat for any reciever not named Calvin Johnson Jr.

#8 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

good read..

#9 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

We do to a degree but Pitta actually does have some of the best hands in the NFL. Ya there is no arguing over Torrey not being an elite deep threat Lol he smoked Champ Bailey multiple times. That's quite the feat for any reciever not named Calvin Johnson Jr.

Who would you say is up there?

Wallace, Smith, Desean Jackson?

Officially.

#10 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,445 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

I don't know about the whole dynasty talk. Let's just enjoy this win and work on our team and see where it takes us. One game at a time.

The AFC is very competitive and the landscape is changing all the time.

Texans are getting in their playoff experience. Colts are gaining a young upstart team. Steelers and Pats always Draft well. The Bengals have some great young pieces. Broncos are stacked across the board.

Edited by PuRock, 06 February 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

You've got Joe, who just doesn't seem to have a ceiling after this playoff run.

Then you've got Rice, easily a top-5 (top-3) running back. Not to mention, we were very fortunate to pick up Pierce.

Pitta, easily top-10 on his way to being a top-5 TE in the league. Dickson, HUGE in the Super Bowl.

Boldin, Smith and Jones, no arguments there. Streeter & Doss, if they aren't already, need to be taking notes.

McKinnie, Yanda and Oher doing really well up front (KEEP IT THAT WAY!). I'm anxious to see how Gradkowski fills Birk's role.

Defensively... Where do you start and where do you end? Ngata, Kemoeatu, Cody, Jones & McPhee up front. Suggs, Ellerbe, Kruger, Upshaw and McClellan. Then you've got Graham, Smith, Ihedigbo, Williams, Brown, Pollard, Considine, Webb and Reed.

You've got one of the better punters in the league in Koch and a young clutch kicker in Tucker.

It'll be interesting to see who stays, who goes, who we have to let go and who we can acquire -- but even with eighty-percent of that core group -- I think we stand a good chance of repeating next season.

I know it's early, but I was calling for a Super Bowl win before the playoffs started just because the energy going in felt totally different. Turns out, I was right.

Edited by CosmicRedPanda, 06 February 2013 - 10:55 PM.

THE SUN, THE MOON, THE STARS AND THE TRUTH
login.png
ALL THINGS YOU CAN COVER UP, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY REVEAL THEMSELVES

#12 Hjulmann

Hjulmann

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'd call Boldin an elite WR.

xojmt4.jpg
I miss our ballhawk

#13 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Who would you say is up there?

Wallace, Smith, Desean Jackson?

In terms of deep threats I would hesitate on Wallace only because he drops a LOT of passes. I would say my top 5/6 would be Smith, D-Jax, D.Thomas, CJ, and Julio Jones/AJ Green.

#14 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I despise the term "IT factor" even more than calling people elite.

Also, trusting Manning in the clutch (the same Manning with more postseason losses than any QB in history) over Flacco seems kinda...odd

Oh yeah, we also have had a mini-dynasty for five years now. Three AFCCG in five years is -- gangsta!! (do the kids still use that word? if not, I'm bringing it back!)

Edited by flynismo, 06 February 2013 - 11:01 PM.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#15 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Also, trusting Manning in the clutch (the same Manning with more postseason losses than any QB in history) over Flacco seems kinda...odd

Oh yeah, we also have had a mini-dynasty for five years now. Three AFCCG in five years is -- gangsta!! (do the kids still use that word? if not, I'm bringing it back!)

Gangsta is more the mid 20's age group as far as I can tell...

#16 Medications

Medications

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'm 26 and I've never referred to anything as gangsta, maybe I just don't hang with that crowd though
- Ryan |Posted Image | Posted Image

#17 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'm 26 and I've never referred to anything as gangsta, maybe I just don't hang with that crowd though

There's always some outliers....

#18 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,383 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I don't think our schedule is that bad.

We face the Bengals, Steelers, & Browns x 2 for 6 games. Dalton's good, Big Ben is good when healthy, & the Browns have a mystery at QB. They'll probably go with Weeden, but I see Richardson as the focal point there. We then face the AFCE, with Brady, Tannehill, and then whoever QBs the Jets or Bills. Both the Jets & Bills are big mysteries because we have no idea what happens there. Of course, we face the NFCN with Stafford, Ponder, Rodgers & Cutler. They have some good QBs there, of course. Schaub is overrated & Manning is always good.

Right now, it's impossible to predict anything because we:
1) Have no idea what we're facing; teams are still being set.
2) Have no idea when we are facing people; schedule is still being set.
3) Have no idea who will be here with us.

I like our chances at repeating, though. I'm not saying it's set in stone, but I think we have a good shot.

#19 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'm pretty sure it's "beast" these days.

THE SUN, THE MOON, THE STARS AND THE TRUTH
login.png
ALL THINGS YOU CAN COVER UP, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY REVEAL THEMSELVES

#20 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,031 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I agree. And yes, very gangsta indeed. ;)
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users