Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM LEGEND

2000 Ravens vs 2012 Ravens

57 posts in this topic

[quote name='RedFire' timestamp='1360246444' post='1349011']
2006 Ravens with healthy McNair beats both teams!

Rolle and McCalister at corner allows ED reed to roam all day! That 2006 defense was the truth! If Air McNair could have thrown the ball more than 20yrds we would have had the title.
[/quote]

Food for thought. Y'all do the dishes....

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1360270510' post='1349466']
I don't know about 2000 but he was every bit a shut-down CB in '06.
[/quote]
He was better in 2000, he could run better. May not have been as knowledgeable on route concepts, but having said that CMac never was crossed up once on an assignment in the playoff run, that much I know for sure. Or at least if he did he played it off well and someone else picked up the guy/zone he was supposed to be covering lol.

[quote name='I AM LEGEND' timestamp='1360269529' post='1349448']
Chris Mac was slightly better than webb..remember chris being a notch under shutdown
[/quote]
A notch below shutdown? From 2000-2005 and maybe 2006 the best 3 corners in the league were Ty Law, Champ and McAlister.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1360268405' post='1349427']
[b]Webb healthy isnt any less dynamic then CMAC[/b]..and he doesnt have a drinking problem, shows up to games and is a class act.
[/quote]
I think he is. CMac's off field issues didn't hurt him until 2007 when he started getting hurt because he wasn't in prime shape. The only thing Webb has on CMac is his ability to play inside, which is a phenomenal attribute to have. But McAlister was the prototypical outside CB in his prime, a top 3 CB from 2000-2005 and maybe 2006. Webb's a damn good player, but it feels like you're holding McAlister's personality and actions off the field against him in your comparison.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1360274179' post='1349543']
He was better in 2000, he could run better. May not have been as knowledgeable on route concepts, but having said that CMac never was crossed up once on an assignment in the playoff run, that much I know for sure.
[/quote]

Not surprised. The athleticism he showed on his pick in the Super Bowl was amazing.

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1360271134' post='1349484']

2012 Ed Reed is about 300 trillion levels below 2000 Rod Woodson. The 2000 secondary had depth too.
[/quote]

No way is this accurate... Rod Woodson and Ed Reeds stats are very similar when comparing 2000 to 2012. Not to mention, Ed Scored a TD . Woodson didn't have the range of Ed Reed.. He was a great DB, but Ed Reed has the BEST ball skills of all times. The 2000 corners were press man.. most of which would be a penalty in today's game.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1360274561' post='1349552']

I think he is. CMac's off field issues didn't hurt him until 2007 when he started getting hurt because he wasn't in prime shape. The only thing Webb has on CMac is his ability to play inside, which is a phenomenal attribute to have. But McAlister was the prototypical outside CB in his prime, a top 3 CB from 2000-2005 and maybe 2006. Webb's a damn good player, but it feels like you're holding McAlister's personality and actions off the field against him in your comparison.
[/quote]

Webb can play inside, or outside. didn't give up a single TD all last season. He has incredible ball skills, can return punts at an elite level and he's a violent hitter . I just think that CMACs game wouldn't fly in today's NFL.