Training Camp      You Pick The Team     

Photo

Will Joe Flacco finally receive some preferential treatment from the refs?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Now that Flacco is considered "elite" will refs begin to try to over protect him like they do Brady, Manning and Brees?

Would you even want to watch football like that, its one of the biggest reasons I hate the patriots.

I'd like to see Joe treated like a human being out there, I remember one play 2 years ago vs the saints were he had let the ball go, was thrown to the ground, tried to get back on his feet quickly and was hit by yet another defender....and surprise surprise no flag.

Even during the Superbowl there was a play where Ahmad Brooks tossed Joe after he was already out of bounds and Michael Irvin said something along the lines of "thats a penalty...if that was Tom Brady, he'd be ejected"

I don't want to see Joe over protected as I said, but he may start to receive some more calls that he wouldn't have in the past. What are your thoughts?

#2 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

no such thing.

that belongs only to Tom Brady and no one else

#3 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

maybe if Brady and Peyton retire ,not counting on it

#4 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

No - only because Joe would actually have to start crying like Brady to get flags.

Not gonna happen.

#GetFlaccoHelpIn2014

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#5 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

realistically I think it all depends on Jersey Sales, its a business at the end of the day and if Joe Flacco jerseys take off, Goodell will want number five upright on the field as thats where you sell Jerseys from, not IR.

#6 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Am I the onky one who doesn't want to become "that" team. I don't want Flacfo getting anything he doesn't deserve and that goes for the whole team. I know most of yiu want a classy team. I miss the Ravens of past and even last year. The defense trash talking and a offense that could run over you when the wanted. The best lart now is we can airmail some tds now and pick you apart so many different ways offensively. I don't mind the image change as long they remember where they came from.

#7 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

If Big Ben don't get the special treatment from the refs, why would Joe?

You have to be pretty boys to be treated with love by the zebras...
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#8 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

I doubt it seeing how he got hit late and out of bounds during the Super Bowl and didn't get a flag.
But I don't want to see Joe turn into a whiney (profanity deleted) like Brady anyway.

#9 edreedfromtheu

edreedfromtheu

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

This is what Biscotti was talking about...

NO! The officials and the NFL will NEVER favor the Ravens! Everyone is against Baltimore! We will always be cheated and have to overcome harder odds than others!

NEVER LOSE THAT CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER!

#10 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,491 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

If it's easy, it aint worth having. Pretty good rule of thumb for life in general
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#11 ravensdan

ravensdan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

All NFL QB s are over protected. It is not changing or going away... it will only be more so in years to come. There is no conspiracy involved. I have actually never talked to a group of fans that doesn't have some that say " the leage is out to get us " "OUR team never gets the flag"... To me all that bs just comes off as whining.

2014 BR.COM Forum Franchise Draft

NY Giants

Round 1: Zack Martin(OT/G), Notre Dame  Round 2:  Demarcus Lawrence(DE), Boise St.  Round 4:  Preston Brown(LB), Louisville.  Round 4:  Devonta Freeman(RB), Florida St. Round 4:  Devin Street(Wr), Pitt.  Round 5:  Aaron Murray(QB) Georgia  Round 6:  Jalen Saunders(Wr), Oklahoma, Round 6:  Marcus Williams(CB), North Dakota State  UDFA:  Willie Snead(WR) Ball State, Alden Darby(S)Arizona state, Antonio Andrews(RB) WKU

#12 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,155 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Joe isn't a baby. He takes his hits, doesn't cry and keeps doing his thing.

#13 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Without reading the rest of the thread, I can say I hope not! Forget preferential treatment. He, nor do the Ravens as a whole, NEED that. We're so good we rise ABOVE that crap. Pfft, I'd be ashamed of our team if we EVER got treatment like that from anybody. I want us to continue to be hated. I want us to win the Superbowl next year too, and then we'll start getting some of that Patriots hate too. Let us keep being hated for all eternity. It keeps bandwagoners away and it keeps our true fans and team bonded in a way all that other stuff doesn't.

Edited by rlh445, 06 February 2013 - 07:11 PM.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#14 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

If Big Ben don't get the special treatment from the refs, why would Joe?

You have to be pretty boys to be treated with love by the zebras...

Are you saying you don't think Joe is pretty?
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#15 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

No.
Posted Image

#16 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Honestly I hope not.

I kinda' like the fact that Joe is a big boy and can take a hit or two.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#17 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Are you saying you don't think Joe is pretty?

huh? you know when someone says to you you are pretty, you know what that mean? lol

Joe is the man period...
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#18 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

huh? you know when someone says to you you are pretty, you know what that mean? lol

Joe is the man period...

I was joking and yes joe is the man.

Edited by Miami Hurricane, 06 February 2013 - 10:45 PM.

"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#19 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Am I the onky one who doesn't want to become "that" team. I don't want Flacfo getting anything he doesn't deserve and that goes for the whole team. I know most of yiu want a classy team. I miss the Ravens of past and even last year. The defense trash talking and a offense that could run over you when the wanted. The best lart now is we can airmail some tds now and pick you apart so many different ways offensively. I don't mind the image change as long they remember where they came from.

Last time I checked those teams that talked trash got penalized and didn't win Lombardis. If this change in identity and philosophy is what it takes to win championships I'm all for it.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#20 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Of course not. He couldn't even get that roughing the passer called 2 or 3 yards out of bounds ( that's why I'm not sure why 49er fans whining about a holding call ) I tell them if we get unnecessary roughness for hit on Flacco we score a TD go up by 9 rather than kicking a FG to go up 5 then nothing matters lol.

But no this wont do a thing for Flacco both he and Big Ben will always be seen as tough big guys that refs can let get roughed up more smh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users