Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

What would you do if we let the Browns sign Flacco?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 GTRavens

GTRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

First of all, I need to clarify that I have indeed lost my mind. There's no way Flacco doesn't get the exclusive tag, and of course we need to do everything to keep him regardless.

This is just for fun. Glorious, depressing fun. Let's say the rumors about the Browns pursuing Flacco are true, and we call their bluff. The Browns sign Flacco off the non-exclusive tag and we get the #6 pick plus another 1st in 2014.

How do we approach this? Who and what do we prioritize with the top pick? What do we do with the extra cap space? Would we target a quarterback through the draft, free agency or trade?

Edited by GTRavens, 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#2 IH EART DA RAVENS

IH EART DA RAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

We don't do any of these things. We move the franchise to LA and drink for a week.

#3 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

There are rumors the Browns are pursuing Flacco? This is the first I've heard of this.

If the Browns got him, I'd be pretty upset--beyond furious. I would probably not take a QB this year and wait until next year. Go with Tyrod and build the most dominant offensive line in history. I would take Eric Fisher & make him LT, extend Oher & keep him at RT. Then, I would go & go all-out on defense the rest of the draft to re-make the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Edited by GrimCoconut, 06 February 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#4 Bump N Run

Bump N Run

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

There are rumors the Browns are pursuing Flacco? This is the first I've heard of this.

If the Browns got him, I'd be pretty upset--beyond furious. I would probably not take a QB this year and wait until next year. Go with Tyrod and build the most dominant offensive line in history.

little more reading, little less posting.

#5 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

I read the post in full before I posted, but thanks anyway.

#6 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Drink till i can't drink anymore, and then cry myself to sleep.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#7 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

I heard the browns are interested in alex smith not sure how true that is . I'm not good at mock drafts the draft etc I only watch two football teams play regualrly.I defer to the experts.

#8 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Joe is a Raven for life...I think he would want to win another Lombardi and it sure is not going to happen anytime soon in Cleveland and IMO they can't afford him.

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Joe is a Raven for life...I think he would want to win another Lombardi and it sure is not going to happen anytime soon in Cleveland and IMO they can't afford him.

He's not saying that. He's making a hypothetical thread where in some alternate reality the Browns take Flacco from us. That's all. This thread isn't about whether he would, but rather the Browns have him and how would we move on. I think the only way is to really build a dominant OL & draft a QB when there's a prospect we really like. The nice thing is, with a dominant OL we can win games with Ray Rice & Bernard Pierce. Just sign a decent vet to be a back-up and then build a dominant defense that can score points.

We already have a lot of good pieces, so it wouldn't be devastating. We would need some ILB, an OLB, TE, LT, and a DT/DE.

#10 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Well we would descend into mediocrity and go 1-15 so we get 2 top 6 picks and along with the browns pick and pick 32. We then spend those picks taking Eric Fisher and trade up for Star Lotulelei and take Jadaveon Clowney next year so that we become a dominant team everywhere but the QB position.

Edited by Miami Hurricane, 06 February 2013 - 04:23 PM.

"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#11 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Please ban this ridiculous topic

#12 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Well we would descend into mediocrity and go 1-15 so we get 2 top 6 picks and along with the browns pick and pick 32. We then spend those picks taking Eric Fisher and trade up for Star Lotulelei and take Jadaveon Clowney next year so that we become a dominant team everywhere but the QB position.

Man, I would LOVE to have Clowney. He's my favorite prospect in 2014.

#13 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,522 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Drink till i can't drink anymore, and then cry myself to sleep.

This.
10wmids.jpg

#14 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Man, I would LOVE to have Clowney. He's my favorite prospect in 2014.

I'm pretty sure he is everyone's favorite prospect. The dude is an absolute monster.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#15 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'm pretty sure he is everyone's favorite prospect. The dude is an absolute monster.

Imagine having Suggs & Clowney on the same defense playing opposite of each other. I'm sure Brady just tore an ACL thinking about it. The refs will throw a roughing the passer penalty when they see the formation before the snap.

#16 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Well, 2he one minor detail that is missinng here is thhat I believe Flacco would have to agree to sign the offer from the Browns. I may be wrong, but I dont think it is first come, first serve. Flacco would have the choice of signing our tag, or Clevelands. But feel free to correct me if that is wrong.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#17 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Sell all those picks from Cleveland to get Andrew Luck.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#18 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

:lol: Who the heck are you? Jeepers. Success sure brings out the jerks, huh guys?

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#19 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

If the Browns got him, I'd be pretty upset--beyond furious. I would probably not take a QB this year and wait until next year. Go with Tyrod and build the most dominant offensive line in history. I would take Eric Fisher & make him LT, extend Oher & keep him at RT. Then, I would go & go all-out on defense the rest of the draft to re-make the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

OBR aka the bitter browns fans forum-- they started a what if lol and posted it on YBR and it seems to be making the rounds-- took 3 days to get here I'm impressed lol
Posted Image

#20 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

OBR aka the bitter browns fans forum-- they started a what if lol and posted it on YBR and it seems to be making the rounds-- took 3 days to get here I'm impressed lol

AHHH! Now that makes sense.

I have to say, if the Browns got Flacco I think they're going to the Super Bowl. They have a defense, a damn good OL, a dominant RB, and even some promising WRs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users