100 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,829 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

The odds aren't in the Ravens' favor, but Joe Flacco is already talking repeat.

View the full article

#2 Macadamia

Macadamia

Veteran

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

It's pretty simple really, the Ravens do NOT rebuild. They RELOAD! ;^)

#3 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Not worried about repeating, still smiling cause they won this year!!!!

#4 Schoel

Schoel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hey, we have a franchise QB so of course we can/will be back

#5 Elixxur

Elixxur

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

As long as we keep Kruger I'll be happy! Birk will be back and Ellebre I can go either way on. Let Cary go we have Graham and Ladarius!

#6 BAM52

BAM52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Don't care about next year until Opening Night. Let's celebrate this one until September!

#7 BAM52

BAM52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Very interesting note. Since the Ravens won the Super Bowl they are preojected to open up the Season on Thursday September 12th as this has been done the last few years. There is one slight problem. The Orioles are at home hosting the Yankees that night. What will the NFL do. I say the Orioles move the game to the afternoon and we can go to both games that day!!!!

#8 AZQFAN

AZQFAN

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I am biased but trust me, letting Anquan Boldin go would be a HUGE mistake. He is the type of player that wins championships. No his fantasy numbers are not great, but it doesn't matter. His toughness and leadership are things that can not be replaced, period.

#9 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Well, if Joe is talking repeat, he has to know that if the team gets gutted to pay his new contract, the odds of that happening diminishes dramatically.

#10 Popeye the sailor man

Popeye the sailor man

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Las Vegas lost $34 billion cause they upped the odds on the Raven and for 2013 still don't feel the Ravens will beat the odds,I would take a loan and keep everyone

#11 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

uhm birk needs to retire lol im not being too harsh but he got his ring please retire and let us get some cap space.to be honest there are a lot of players that will get cut this year we will be desappointed with some decesion but have to be done. All i got to say is Kruger and Ellerbe are the most important players we need to keep. we all know Joe Elite Flacco getting paid.
Lastly Ed Reed last year cause we not going to pay him 8 million dollars and above

#12 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

I am biased but trust me, letting Anquan Boldin go would be a HUGE mistake. He is the type of player that wins championships. No his fantasy numbers are not great, but it doesn't matter. His toughness and leadership are things that can not be replaced, period.

That fact cannot be stated enough. If there is one torch I am going to carry this offseason it is to make clear that under no circumstances should we part ways with Q.

I know the prevailing thought as we went toward the end of the season is that heir apparent, Tandon Doss, may step in to that possession receiver role next year. All thoughts of that should have evaporated during the Indy game when Doss dropped 3 passes and Anquan "The Vice" Boldin wrenched ball after ball away from would-be defenders and carried us to that victory. He continued to show that he was the toughest offensive player on the field in each and every playoff game going forward.

There is no way the Ravens should be without him as we defend our title.

25p4y07.jpg

#13 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I live in NC, so not a lot of Ravens fans around me. I've worn my Ravens jacket to work everyday since Oct. Now, people who have seen me day in and day out are saying, "so, you're a Ravens fan? Just decided to pull that jacket out now, since you guys won the Super Bowl?".

No - I've been wearing it every day for 4 months, you just haven't noticed.

Funny how winning a championship gets you noticed!

#14 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'm with you Balfan23.
Q also managed to miss most of the reporters.
His name wasn't mentioned a lot either but yet he made some spectacular grabs!
Ya, Jacoby was pretty much the star but without Q, we would have been in some sorry shape I think.
I think Q has a few more years left in him.

#15 brutt3raven

brutt3raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

I see our plan as keeping Reed and Ellerbe, Letting Kruger go simply because he is going to be too expensive, as well as letting Cary walk becuase of Jimmy Smith and Corey Graham. (not to mention Webb coming back). And re-doing a couple contracts incuding Boldin's. And to finish it off we draft a LT in the first round.

#16 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Harbs and Joe have won at least one playoff game since the start of their tenure in Baltimore. I like their odds of bucking the recent trend.

#17 ravens4life35

ravens4life35

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

ray lewies for commissioner - lets replace goodell for lewis

#18 natz20

natz20

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I love Kruger but he has played himself into a serious contract meaning he will be gone and earn 6-9 mil a year somehwere else. Not sure if Cary gets paid elsewhere but we already offered him a contract that he declined so he will be leaving. Graham and Chykie are only going to improve as corners. With Webb coming back the DBs should be okay and there is too much first round money tied up in Upshaw to pay Kruger. Its a shame he took so long to develop because he is one of my favorites on the d-line. He had an amazing post season!!

#19 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

depends on how greedy flacco wants to be and how quickly our younger players can produce. hope flacco realizes that you need very good players in several positions to win superbowls and if the $$ is not there to resign your own key players than our chances diminish greatly. go ravens!!

#20 allblackraven

allblackraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Come on, people...

It's not even a week since Ravens won it - I reckon very opportune time to relax and enjoy basking in glory!

Wasn't last 5 years enough to have full confidence in the outcome of offseason signings and cuts? I have no doubt whatsoever that the FO will do the right thing once more. So, from that standpoint there won't be any reason why Ravens should not repeat.

Oh and Garrett,

"but the oddsmakers don%u2019t like the Ravens as the early favorites heading into next season"

should have been shorter:

"but the oddsmakers don%u2019t like the Ravens, period"

I kind of like that, gives our 53 extra fuel every time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users