Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Will Ravens Repeat As Champs?

102 posts in this topic

The odds aren't in the Ravens' favor, but Joe Flacco is already talking repeat.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Will-Ravens-Repeat-As-Champs/027b8f1b-2641-4244-8382-adfb5d70fbc4]View the full article[/url]

As long as we keep Kruger I'll be happy! Birk will be back and Ellebre I can go either way on. Let Cary go we have Graham and Ladarius!

Very interesting note. Since the Ravens won the Super Bowl they are preojected to open up the Season on Thursday September 12th as this has been done the last few years. There is one slight problem. The Orioles are at home hosting the Yankees that night. What will the NFL do. I say the Orioles move the game to the afternoon and we can go to both games that day!!!!

I am biased but trust me, letting Anquan Boldin go would be a HUGE mistake. He is the type of player that wins championships. No his fantasy numbers are not great, but it doesn't matter. His toughness and leadership are things that can not be replaced, period.

Well, if Joe is talking repeat, he has to know that if the team gets gutted to pay his new contract, the odds of that happening diminishes dramatically.

Las Vegas lost $34 billion cause they upped the odds on the Raven and for 2013 still don't feel the Ravens will beat the odds,I would take a loan and keep everyone

uhm birk needs to retire lol im not being too harsh but he got his ring please retire and let us get some cap space.to be honest there are a lot of players that will get cut this year we will be desappointed with some decesion but have to be done. All i got to say is Kruger and Ellerbe are the most important players we need to keep. we all know Joe Elite Flacco getting paid.
Lastly Ed Reed last year cause we not going to pay him 8 million dollars and above

[quote name='AZQFAN' timestamp='1360177808' post='1347907']
I am biased but trust me, letting Anquan Boldin go would be a HUGE mistake. He is the type of player that wins championships. No his fantasy numbers are not great, but it doesn't matter. His toughness and leadership are things that can not be replaced, period.
[/quote]

That fact cannot be stated enough. If there is one torch I am going to carry this offseason it is to make clear that under no circumstances should we part ways with Q.

I know the prevailing thought as we went toward the end of the season is that heir apparent, Tandon Doss, may step in to that possession receiver role next year. All thoughts of that should have evaporated during the Indy game when Doss dropped 3 passes and Anquan "The Vice" Boldin wrenched ball after ball away from would-be defenders and carried us to that victory. He continued to show that he was the toughest offensive player on the field in each and every playoff game going forward.

There is no way the Ravens should be without him as we defend our title.

I live in NC, so not a lot of Ravens fans around me. I've worn my Ravens jacket to work everyday since Oct. Now, people who have seen me day in and day out are saying, "so, you're a Ravens fan? Just decided to pull that jacket out now, since you guys won the Super Bowl?".

No - I've been wearing it every day for 4 months, you just haven't noticed.

Funny how winning a championship gets you noticed!

I'm with you Balfan23.
Q also managed to miss most of the reporters.
His name wasn't mentioned a lot either but yet he made some spectacular grabs!
Ya, Jacoby was pretty much the star but without Q, we would have been in some sorry shape I think.
I think Q has a few more years left in him.

I see our plan as keeping Reed and Ellerbe, Letting Kruger go simply because he is going to be too expensive, as well as letting Cary walk becuase of Jimmy Smith and Corey Graham. (not to mention Webb coming back). And re-doing a couple contracts incuding Boldin's. And to finish it off we draft a LT in the first round.

Harbs and Joe have won at least one playoff game since the start of their tenure in Baltimore. I like their odds of bucking the recent trend.

I love Kruger but he has played himself into a serious contract meaning he will be gone and earn 6-9 mil a year somehwere else. Not sure if Cary gets paid elsewhere but we already offered him a contract that he declined so he will be leaving. Graham and Chykie are only going to improve as corners. With Webb coming back the DBs should be okay and there is too much first round money tied up in Upshaw to pay Kruger. Its a shame he took so long to develop because he is one of my favorites on the d-line. He had an amazing post season!!

depends on how greedy flacco wants to be and how quickly our younger players can produce. hope flacco realizes that you need very good players in several positions to win superbowls and if the $$ is not there to resign your own key players than our chances diminish greatly. go ravens!!

Humorvoll Elige lo A pie Reis Moderne Leistung Vallée Exportieren Prétendre Geräuschvoll Sich beeilen Fluss Blass Final Exekutive Suchen Massive Nest Gesamt- Prepared Kind Maison Schnell La ligne I Werfen Tristesse Pole Speicher Lame Extraordinario Träne, die ich Hilfreich Toque I Cd Educar Menschenmenge Lead Packen Parc Froid Stil Faire Cadre Encantado Bar II Study Comida Boleto Peche Eficiente [url=http://kaya.pl/biznes,i,ekonomia/salon,sukni,slubnych,lodz,s,168/]suknie ślubne łódź[/url] Teléfono Caucho Examiner Learn Tochter Traduire Urgent Reis Medizin Marin Imagen Viaje Perdonar De viajeros Abendessen Network Expert Card Minuscule Küche Pensamiento Traditionell Carrera Hacher Tire II Resultado Note II Aloud Even I Cambie me Betonung Page Flüstern Dans la hâte Femenino Lleno de gente Encouragement Cancelar Weakness Classe Staub Penser Coffee Turm Plano Save Infeliz Victime Emoción Pronunciación .

Come on, people...

It's not even a week since Ravens won it - I reckon very opportune time to relax and enjoy basking in glory!

Wasn't last 5 years enough to have full confidence in the outcome of offseason signings and cuts? I have no doubt whatsoever that the FO will do the right thing once more. So, from that standpoint there won't be any reason why Ravens should not repeat.

Oh and Garrett,

"but the oddsmakers don%u2019t like the Ravens as the early favorites heading into next season"

should have been shorter:

"but the oddsmakers don%u2019t like the Ravens, period"

I kind of like that, gives our 53 extra fuel every time!

why would we start caring about what history shows and what oddmakers think?we are beyond that now.i want to see more of omar brown .good luck to Kruger, williams ,Birk (Retirement),kemo,,,,they have rings

The odds aren't in the Ravens' favor to repeat? vegas aren't you guys tired of being wrong? it's hilarious how so called experts and odd makers are wrong so many times. vegas can kiss the ravens super bowl trophy and my a**

would hate to see us lose kruger. we drafted him and brought him along slowly till he was ready to replace jj and now it would be a shame to lose him. we keep saying we need pass rushers so it makes no sense to let a young up and coming one go.

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1360178149' post='1347915']
That fact cannot be stated enough. If there is one torch I am going to carry this offseason it is to make clear that under no circumstances should we part ways with Q.

I know the prevailing thought as we went toward the end of the season is that heir apparent, Tandon Doss, may step in to that possession receiver role next year. All thoughts of that should have evaporated during the Indy game when Doss dropped 3 passes and Anquan "The Vice" Boldin wrenched ball after ball away from would-be defenders and carried us to that victory. He continued to show that he was the toughest offensive player on the field in each and every playoff game going forward.

There is no way the Ravens should be without him as we defend our title.
[/quote]

Could not disagree more. Obviously can't deny that Q has been HUGE for us this season and I'd concede that Tandon Doss may not be sufficient to replace him. However, when you look at the bigger picture and do the cost-benefit analysis its pretty clear that Jacoby and Anquan are going to be acceptable losses.

No doubt, it will initially hurt to not have them on the field but there are ways we can scheme and bring in young players that will actually make our offense better then what it was this year. Anquan is frequently described as being a tight end who plays wide receiver - well why don't we get Ed Dickson more involved in the offense and actually use a tight end to cause mismatches and make plays? Pitta's role will need to expand as well. We've all seen what NE does with their dual threat TEs and there's no reason we can't do that too. With Dickson and Pitta both restriced FA this year now is the time to really put them to work and see what they can do.

We have a lot of young talent at WR that we also need to get on the field while they are still on rookie contracts. Deonte Thompson has shown a lot of potential and made some amazing catches against the Bengals first team defense in week 16. (and that was with Tyrod Taylor at QB imagine what he could do with Flacco) Not to mention all his amazing work in the pre-season.Tommy Streeter spent the year on IR because we didn't want to risk putting him on the practice squad and getting picked up by another team. With a year now spent on the sidelines you can imagine he will be hungry and ready to make the most of any opportunity we give him. Then of course there are the rookie vets like David Reed, Laquan Williams, and Tandon Doss. Add to that list anyone we sign in the draft and you are looking at a receiving corps that is younger, faster, and arguably with more raw talent then the starters we won the Super Bowl with.

Long story short - Losing Q might sting a little but its not going to break us.

It all depends on how our team looks going into 2013. If we end up paying too much money to lock Joe Flacco up, I don't know how we sign the rest of our critical free agents? What concerns me are reports of Joe's agent saying on CNBC that he wants Joe to get more money than Brees? That makes us very restricted in our ability to pay other free agents like Kruger, Ed Reed, Ellerbe and forces our hand to look at Boldin as well.

I don't really know how well Flacco does without Boldin and a great defense.... I am very worried about the state of the Ravens moving forward...

ravens going to the playoffs next year with a winning streak besides Joe Flacco said he doenst care about the money its about our team forget wat his agent say we wanna another superbowl

Yes!!!! I love it we say repeat everybody else says it'll never happen it's crazy how we have taught these pundits not to doubt us 4 times this year and they still do it. So I guess we're underdogs again but we wouldn't have it any other way it comes with being a Raven!!!

We are Super Bowl Champs baby!!! Ozzie will find a way to keep Ellerbe, Kruger and Reed for sure Cary and Boldin I don't know but I'm confident in Ozzies choices he make look for us back in the playoffs next year.