Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 2/6: Agent: Flacco Should Be NFL's Highest-Paid Quarterback

139 posts in this topic

Ravens free agents set to get paid, behind the fourth-down play call, repeat chances.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-26-Agent-Flacco-Should-Be-NFLs-Highest-Paid-Quarterback-/dc15e1aa-f3d5-4ffc-a95d-41530180a7c8]View the full article[/url]

I would like to thank Anquan Boldin for allowing me and my family to touch the Lombardi Trophy yesterday. The story of the season and yesterday's parade will be told to my son and grand kids one day...Thank you Anquan and the Ravens for giving the city of Baltimore something to be proud of, and something to remember for a lifetime. We love you. #RavensNation!

Joe Linta needs a dose of reality. The Ravens still need a line to protect Joe. Receivers for Joe to throw to. And a defense to keep the close games in his favor.

I'm not saying Joe doesn't deserve to get paid, just that his agent doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as Joe and the team.

Joe You deserve the top QB money, but remember none of the top QB (Brady, Brees, Manning) got another ring after getting fat contract... It would be too big hit for the salary cap... Be smart, and dont be greedy... I believe you are the best, but you need team around you to win another SuperBowl!!!

Woh Woh Woh cool your jets mr. greedy agent. Flacco will get his money, and you will get your cut, but lets leave some room for the rest of the team. Flacco won't look the way he did, without Boldin, Mckinney, and some extra WR help. He needs a defense that will stop people if he wants any chance a winning.

Pay Flacco, Franchise Reed and work a deal with Kruger and Ellerbe that allows restructering next year when the CAP increases...do not let Boldin leave!!!!!

Even when we win the Superbowl, we are only 5th or lower for predictions to make it to next year's Super Bowl. Really?

I wish Linta would just let Joe enjoy being Super Bowl MVP. Joe finally has the credit he deserves on the national stage, and now Linta keeps running his mouth about money. Cue the haters. They will get the deal done - there is no way the Ravens let Joe go anywhere - Linta needs to understand the delicate balance of of confidence and humility that his client has and just say what we all say in Ravens Nations - In Oz We Trust!

I agree with what most of you are saying , He deserves the big contract but lets not go overboard. There are a lot of players on this team that deserve to get there due. I love Joe, and it just may be his agent squawking, but I don't like the greed. As a fan I say Yeah, pay the man, but as a buisness person I say lets be reasonable. Just because the patriots and the Indy's are stupid, doesn't mean we have to follow suit.

Hey, I'm proud like all Ravens fans this morning,and yes, Joe Flacco deserves to get paid. However, I can only hope it doesn't cause us to lose key pieces like Anquan, Krueger. and Ellerbee. I understand an agent's job is to get his client the most money he can, but lets not destroy the team in the process. We can't even enjoy the Super Bowl victory!

[quote name='jravens13' timestamp='1360162639' post='1347626']
Woh Woh Woh cool your jets mr. greedy agent. Flacco will get his money, and you will get your cut, but lets leave some room for the rest of the team. Flacco won't look the way he did, without Boldin, Mckinney, and some extra WR help. He needs a defense that will stop people if he wants any chance a winning.
[/quote]

A ) Tell me a QB that doesn't need a go-to-receiver, a solid OL and at least some defense
B ) Linta was ASKED that question. He didn't come up with it or come out of the gates saying it. What is he going to say? No?

Oh yeah, I am enjoying this Super bowl victory, No contract crap is going to stop that!!

we did this last year with us signing Rice to a deal, McClain to a deal and BA to one plus getting FA like Jacoby and Corey Graham and Bobbie to help out the team so the ravens can do it. but reed stays if he gets about 4-5 million a year if he wants 8-9 oh no sorry bro but we can't do that one.

In my opinion, Cary Williams will be gone.
He's going to want big money that the Ravens
are not parting with this year.

And, oh, by the way ... Have we forgotten about #21???

We will have a healthy Ladarius Webb back!!!

Remember Joe those guys who played for the Ravens at the Superbowl might not be there next year due to not enough money to go around. I hope you make a wise choice.

It's nice to see Skip Bayless eating humble pie and finally giving Flacco credit for what he's accomplished.

I would like to see flacco get paid, but not to the detriment of the team. Say he gets the biggest contract ever and then the team goes on to have losing records the next 5 to 6 years. Or joes numbers go do the toliet because he has no one to throw to or a line to protect him. Yeah that scenario would go over real well. You think some fans were down on joe in the past, I see him getting run out of town if he doesn't have the support around him.

Give Joe a contract that pays him well but one that insures the Ravens can afford to protect him. Joe's contract will affect every team with a big name QB. All of them will want more than the amount Joe gets. Let's shake things up. Next year seems so unpredictable right now.

The fact people are already counting us out for next year cracks me up.

Flacco is a lot better now than he was in the beginning of the year. We will have new rookies coming in, hopefully mostly on the defensive side. Yes Ray will be gone but Ellerbe will fill in fine.

Not to mention we are getting our best player back from his season ending knee surgery (Webb)

At least Webb is the best player on the team in my opinion, I dont know what the rest of you all think.

Joe Flacco's agent is a moron!!! Joe is a pretty amazing quarterback, but not the highest paid QB. I don't know if his agent noticed, but our D-Fence is pretty old and we need to sign back some of our young and bring in some new blood as well.

[quote name='DebiK' timestamp='1360162590' post='1347625']
Joe You deserve the top QB money, but remember none of the top QB (Brady, Brees, Manning) got another ring after getting fat contract... It would be too big hit for the salary cap... Be smart, and dont be greedy... I believe you are the best, but you need team around you to win another SuperBowl!!!
[/quote] Amen!!

I hope he's a reasonable guy. Yes, he deserves big time money; but big money sometimes hurts everyone else and in turn gets the team nowhere. Ray Rice is a great example of getting great money but being reasonable.

We've gotta bring McKinnie back; first off, he is going to be the cheapest and most reliable option out there (most reliable in the sense that he is a known commodity around these parts). I mean what alternative do we have? Oher has shown us, in words and in deeds, that he is anything but a true left tackle. Osemele is a beast at guard. Why in the world would you play all these guys out of position again when you have clearly seen the results of plugging round pegs in round holes?

The Superbowl is less than a week old and ......here come the hates already, lol, Ravens never get a break. Some of my "huh?" moments by haters:

Jamie Dukes - "Baltimore fans are borderline whiney"

Warren Sapp- Kapernic has a better chance of leading his team to win then Flacco (umm we did win didn't we? lol)

Tim Hasslebeck- If you take out Flacco's good games he has a passer rating under 80%, compared to Brady two years ago who only had one. (what did he just say?????)

Hey, who the Champions? WE ARE!

GO RAVENS!

Please don't link to Gregg Easterbrook articles. He is one of the most consistently wrong writers I've ever come across (check how long his "corrections" section is every week), he hates the Ravens as much as Skip Bayless, and it's a profound mystery why he continues to be employed.

Franchise tag on Flacco will be crippling to our chances of retaining FAs and even retaining guys currently under contract. We need to have a structured deal - the problem is, Joe's agent knows this and it is a part of his leverage.

As much as Joe has done - none of us want to see him be the highest paid. Why? Because while we're Joe Flacco fans, we're above all Ravens fans and we know the more he commands the harder it will be for our FO to do the work needed to be done to continue to compete for championships.

It is going to be a tough deal to negotiate.

dont hate me but if he gets all our money and we cant resign people we will suck im talking browns we lost 4 in a row or did his agent forget flacco's good for hes not brady or brees and brady and brees or roggers dont need a run game they can throw 50 or 60 times agame flacco throws half that like i said if we sign him for 20 mill a year i see our record being 7-9 missing the playoffs and barly beating the browns

[quote name='wyeth1995' timestamp='1360165554' post='1347667']
Joe Flacco's agent is a moron!!! Joe is a pretty amazing quarterback, but not the highest paid QB. I don't know if his agent noticed, but our D-Fence is pretty old and we need to sign back some of our young and bring in some new blood as well.
[/quote]

Seriously, people? He's Joe's AGENT. It's not his job to work out what's best for the team, it's his job to work out what's best for the guy who's paying him... Joe Flacco. Why are you attacking a guy for doing his job?

our a players are: mckinnie,ellerbe, and kruger. cary can walk, hes too inconsistent, and honestly i believe the best thing for the team is to let ed reed go, cant see any upside to keeping him.people are forgetting we are gettin 16mil in cap space from ray retiring, and eds contract being up, it woul;d be wise to cl;ear up that 9.5m from ed. we could at least resign kruger and use mckinnie as a stopgap, maybe we can bring back ellerbe too, him and mcclain are very viable backups, and they learned from the greatest for many years,and theyre football smarts make them a great tandem to take over.

Cary was great in the playoffs and gave a moving speech about the team after the Superbowl he really stepped up as the season went on and be proud of him for that, the reason he can go is because Webb is coming back and Corey is solid with Jimmy and Chykie getting better.

also ill say it again even though i was negged hardthe last time i said it.. ray rice better watch out. if bernard pierce got as many touches as ray rice, he probably wouldve topped 100 yards. ray rice will be nothing but an amazing 3rd down back very soon, while he may be amazing as a 3rd down back, he wont be worth paying like hes our workhorse and the catalyst of our offense. bernard pierce has been tougher, more explosive, a harder runner, an up the middle, outside, zone blocking or gap blocking, any plaly type of back. and a year from now ray rice could be restructured or just end up a casualty. mark my words, its a cold world for runningbacks in the nfl today and they come a dime a dozen. if it was 4th and 29 every down things would be different, but its not.

@Dre right i forgot to mention if webb never got hurt then cary probably wouldve been thrown to almost every play, and it would have shown his inconsistencies even more. hes a goosd player, but its time to let our first rounder step up and play, the 3rd year is when most young players flip that switch and realize their potential. weve just been spoiled with rookies that look like pro bowlers from their first snap that we forgot what a normal rookie looks like lol. jimmy will be fine, however im not sold on chykie at all

[quote name='ravenwildman' timestamp='1360166914' post='1347686']
The Superbowl is less than a week old and ......here come the hates already, lol, Ravens never get a break. Some of my "huh?" moments by haters:

Jamie Dukes - "Baltimore fas are borderline whiney"

Warren Sapp- Kapernic has a better chance of leading his team to win then Flacco (umm we did win didn' we? lol)

Tim Hasslebeck- If you take out Flacco's good games he has a passer rating under 80%, compared to Brady two years ago who only had one. (what did he just say?????)

Hey, who the Champions? WE ARE!

GO RAVENS!
[/quote] They are all pathetic losers who are pushed around by corporate men in suits.

Tim Hasselbeck?!?! Who the heck is that guy? Oh, he's the guy who was in the NFL for 6 or 7 years riding the pine, then left because nobody wanted that sack of hot garbage taking up space on their bench.

Hey Tim...your career QBR is 63.6. You couldn't be a starter in a corporate games flag football game. You have absolutely no right to make such statements; which don't make any sense to begin with. So why don't you go back to doing what you do best...which is doing nothing. Clearly your commentary is as bad as your game. What a waste!

@ravenwildman these people are clowns Hasslebeck said that he would take R.Wilson,A.Luck,and Kaepernick over Joe. Those guys have done nothing he had to be drunk on air yesterday. Let them hate I will take Super Bowl wins and playoff wins over there respect every day of the week. Joe can win 5 SB rings and he will not be good enough. So now all of a sudden the reg season is more important than the post season to these guys they need to Stop. Players are defined by post season performance plain and simple.

We just won't have enough money to take the whole cake, that's for sure

Joe will certainly sign a long term...likely with big bonuses in order to save some space in the salary cap

Cary has had a good year, but he's not Webb-money worth at all.. He didn't like the kind of contract Oz wanted to give him, and I don't see him resigning with us
Plus, we have Graham, Smith, Brown on the bench ready to take his place at pretty good level and at much lower "price"

Ed has always been my favourite player, and definitely one of the best safeties ever..
But he's facing shoulder, knee injuries; his tackling skills have gotten worse and he s not worth the tag, nor a long term deal .. imo
Plus, there are plenty of safeties capable of taking his place... no one will ever be compared to him, as there ain't be no "Lewis II", but our 1st and 2nd pick will likely be used to fill their big shoes

@The Sim

All sports agents are morons!! They ruin he game and they teach athltes to beself centered.

I would not be surprised if JF1 fires his butt if he is not signed with the Ravens by the Summer!

Flacco is worth every penny. Tom Brady 5 super bowls in 10 years with different guys around him every year. Flacco has 3 championship games in first five years super bowl win and mvp. His best years are ahead of him.

I don't have a problem with giving Joe the big money, but keep it to bonus incentives. Keeps the cap more flexable and as an earlier guy posted," After they got there big money they played like crap". I love Joe Flacco, and he deserves a big money deal, But just because other teams were stupid enough to pay out the big money (Manning) doesn't mean we should be.

I know the cap rules are complicated, but Adam Shefter said this morning we would be 19 Million over the cap if we franchise Flacco. I don't understand how that is possible with so many free agents, Ray's retirment etc. He said we're already 5M over without Flacco.

How can that be? Anyone have a link that shows our cap numbers for next season by player?

Whatever happens,Kruger has to stay,they have to keep him.Hopefully Reed too.I wouldnt like to see Williams go,but if someone has to...well they won the super bowl his year without Ladarius Webb,so if Williams goes at least he can be replaced by Webb.Jimmy Smith might just be ready to step up,and sure we all have seen the impact Corey Graham has made.
If Ed Reed goes then we should look for a top quality safety to replace him in the draft.

We currently have 15 mil in cap space. In an ideal situation, Birk, Bobbie Williams, and Brendon Ayanbadejo retires. (They go out on top! Just like Ray) Add that on to Ray retiring and thats an extra 10 mil to put us at 25 mil under the cap. Q and Sizzle are both due 6 mil in 2013, so maybe they take a pay cut to put us at 30 mil under.

Now I think that our priorities are Flacco, Ellerbe, Reed, and others in that order. If we had 30 mil of cap room we could allocate it like this...

Flacco- 7 years, 125 mil, 62.5 guaranteed

I'd hope he settles for something like this, it's all about the guaranteed money with the QBs and this type of guaranteed money ranks above Drew Brees. I just hope he doesn't ask for a deal that averages 20 mil per year.

Ellerbe- 4 year, 20 mil, X guaranteed

I don't care about the guaranteed for Ellerbe. I think he should take this kind of deal because while he did perform with the best of them THIS year, the injury factor should play into the negotiations. 46 games in 4 years is not a good number. Meanwhile, this contract number is pretty good for the ILB department.

Reed- 4 years, 28 mil, and throw some bonuses on there to make it look good.

Let's just hope Reed isn't so stingy with the money as he is with the football. Listen to Clark Judge tho Reed, think about the city!!! Maybe he settles for Ellerbe money. Age factors in big time, but the front office won't let him go easy.

[quote name='Ravensfan4life2010' timestamp='1360162006' post='1347614']
give him 6 yrs 95 million and 70 mil Guaranteed
[/quote]

70 mil guaranteed? Are you crazy?

Flacco is worth every penny love our QB Joe that being said I hope he and his agent are going to think about his protection on the field in getting the offensive line right. If Mckinney and Birk leave we got some holes to fill. we might have someone on the roster to do it already but you dont want your $100-Million investment running around the field like a chicken with his head cut off.