Training Camp     

Photo

[News] Late For Work 2/6: Agent: Flacco Should Be NFL's Highest-Paid Quarterback

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Ravens free agents set to get paid, behind the fourth-down play call, repeat chances.

View the full article

#2 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

@ Steve Bisciotti

On the memo part of the check please write - I paid the man !

#3 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

give him 6 yrs 95 million and 70 mil Guaranteed

#4 raven410

raven410

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I would like to thank Anquan Boldin for allowing me and my family to touch the Lombardi Trophy yesterday. The story of the season and yesterday's parade will be told to my son and grand kids one day...Thank you Anquan and the Ravens for giving the city of Baltimore something to be proud of, and something to remember for a lifetime. We love you. #RavensNation!

#5 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Joe Linta needs a dose of reality. The Ravens still need a line to protect Joe. Receivers for Joe to throw to. And a defense to keep the close games in his favor.

I'm not saying Joe doesn't deserve to get paid, just that his agent doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as Joe and the team.

#6 DebiK

DebiK

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Joe You deserve the top QB money, but remember none of the top QB (Brady, Brees, Manning) got another ring after getting fat contract... It would be too big hit for the salary cap... Be smart, and dont be greedy... I believe you are the best, but you need team around you to win another SuperBowl!!!

#7 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Woh Woh Woh cool your jets mr. greedy agent. Flacco will get his money, and you will get your cut, but lets leave some room for the rest of the team. Flacco won't look the way he did, without Boldin, Mckinney, and some extra WR help. He needs a defense that will stop people if he wants any chance a winning.

#8 2TimeSBChamps

2TimeSBChamps

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Pay the man, but within reason!! The money he wants will cost us 2 or 3 quality starters!

#9 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Pay Flacco, Franchise Reed and work a deal with Kruger and Ellerbe that allows restructering next year when the CAP increases...do not let Boldin leave!!!!!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 06 February 2013 - 03:09 PM.
Caps

#10 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

@ravens410, That is sooo cool !!

#11 BallHawker

BallHawker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Even when we win the Superbowl, we are only 5th or lower for predictions to make it to next year's Super Bowl. Really?

#12 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I cant wait to see Streeter and Joe Flacco go at it next year

#13 BecksterH

BecksterH

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I wish Linta would just let Joe enjoy being Super Bowl MVP. Joe finally has the credit he deserves on the national stage, and now Linta keeps running his mouth about money. Cue the haters. They will get the deal done - there is no way the Ravens let Joe go anywhere - Linta needs to understand the delicate balance of of confidence and humility that his client has and just say what we all say in Ravens Nations - In Oz We Trust!

#14 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I agree with what most of you are saying , He deserves the big contract but lets not go overboard. There are a lot of players on this team that deserve to get there due. I love Joe, and it just may be his agent squawking, but I don't like the greed. As a fan I say Yeah, pay the man, but as a buisness person I say lets be reasonable. Just because the patriots and the Indy's are stupid, doesn't mean we have to follow suit.

#15 Aviano87

Aviano87

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hey, I'm proud like all Ravens fans this morning,and yes, Joe Flacco deserves to get paid. However, I can only hope it doesn't cause us to lose key pieces like Anquan, Krueger. and Ellerbee. I understand an agent's job is to get his client the most money he can, but lets not destroy the team in the process. We can't even enjoy the Super Bowl victory!

#16 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Woh Woh Woh cool your jets mr. greedy agent. Flacco will get his money, and you will get your cut, but lets leave some room for the rest of the team. Flacco won't look the way he did, without Boldin, Mckinney, and some extra WR help. He needs a defense that will stop people if he wants any chance a winning.

A ) Tell me a QB that doesn't need a go-to-receiver, a solid OL and at least some defense
B ) Linta was ASKED that question. He didn't come up with it or come out of the gates saying it. What is he going to say? No?

Edited by PolishRifle, 06 February 2013 - 10:21 AM.

bJNF689.jpg

#17 caw710

caw710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Oh yeah, I am enjoying this Super bowl victory, No contract crap is going to stop that!!

#18 Johnwilson

Johnwilson

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

we did this last year with us signing Rice to a deal, McClain to a deal and BA to one plus getting FA like Jacoby and Corey Graham and Bobbie to help out the team so the ravens can do it. but reed stays if he gets about 4-5 million a year if he wants 8-9 oh no sorry bro but we can't do that one.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 06 February 2013 - 03:10 PM.
Correction to "stays"

#19 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

In my opinion, Cary Williams will be gone.
He's going to want big money that the Ravens
are not parting with this year.

And, oh, by the way ... Have we forgotten about #21???

We will have a healthy Ladarius Webb back!!!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 06 February 2013 - 03:12 PM.
Too many caps

#20 BMORE = BEASTING

BMORE = BEASTING

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Remember Joe those guys who played for the Ravens at the Superbowl might not be there next year due to not enough money to go around. I hope you make a wise choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users