Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theFRANCHISE

Inside the Ravens Victory Locker Room (Article)

11 posts in this topic

ESPN's David Fleming wrote a fantastic article about the Ravens' victory locker room. If ever there was a piece that demonstrated how special this team is, it's this one. ([url="http://espn.go.com/blog/playbookfandom/post?id=17798"]LINK[/url])

Excerpt:

[i]"Just for a moment, Harbaugh comes back into the hallway, where he bumps into Ravens director of college scouting Joe Hortiz. The two men embrace like brothers.[/i]

[i]How important is a great working relationship between a team’s scouts and its coaching staff? How vital is it for scouts to supply not just good or great players but talent, at a value, that perfectly suits the team’s schemes? The answer seems to lie in this moment between coach and scout.[/i]

[i]And I realize, after watching Harbaugh with his daughter and now with Hortiz, I’m seeing the real secret to success for the Ravens: Harbaugh’s ability to run a multibillion-dollar business, in the violent and hard-core sport of pro football, just like a family."[/i]

Cherish this victory, everyone. No one's got it better than us. NO ONE.

chills.goosebumps. the smell of victory. the feeling and moment when you know the game has been won. and that the Lombardi is coming home to Baltimore..... I am STILL getting thrills, chills and and amped up over it.

Oh wow what a wonderfully-written article. Brings tears to my eyes all over again!!!

I have been on a cloud nine high all week, despite dealing with a ton of bs at work!

:wootwoot:
:wootwoot:

Wow! Thanks to the link to the article. What a unique, and special perspective....I felt like I was there. I like how Fleming tells the truth about people in unguarded moments showing who they really are. Excellent work! Lets treasure this moment!

Great article. Here's a really weird and interesting quote:

[quote]The ceiling [of the Ravens lockerroom] starts to leak. Not a drip, but a steady stream from a crease in the concrete just to the right of the Ravens' locker room door. Two feet away is a massive tangle of electric plugs, cords, connections and computer equipment. Someone from the team slides a large plastic garbage can under the leak. Problem solved. But seeing this, I begin to feel lucky that the blackout lasted only 34 minutes.[/quote]

Superdome must be held together by bandaids.

That was a great article. Thanks for sharing.

When I read things like that, I find that mind wanders to what it must be like for the losers during that time...