Kickoff Week Events      You Pick The Team      Roster      Watch Games Online   

Photo

Inside the Ravens Victory Locker Room (Article)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,150 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

ESPN's David Fleming wrote a fantastic article about the Ravens' victory locker room. If ever there was a piece that demonstrated how special this team is, it's this one. (LINK)

Excerpt:

"Just for a moment, Harbaugh comes back into the hallway, where he bumps into Ravens director of college scouting Joe Hortiz. The two men embrace like brothers.

How important is a great working relationship between a team’s scouts and its coaching staff? How vital is it for scouts to supply not just good or great players but talent, at a value, that perfectly suits the team’s schemes? The answer seems to lie in this moment between coach and scout.

And I realize, after watching Harbaugh with his daughter and now with Hortiz, I’m seeing the real secret to success for the Ravens: Harbaugh’s ability to run a multibillion-dollar business, in the violent and hard-core sport of pro football, just like a family."

Cherish this victory, everyone. No one's got it better than us. NO ONE.

Posted Image

#2 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,537 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

chills.goosebumps. the smell of victory. the feeling and moment when you know the game has been won. and that the Lombardi is coming home to Baltimore..... I am STILL getting thrills, chills and and amped up over it.
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#3 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,803 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

Gosh I am going to miss Ray, and I think Joe will be just as beloved, just not as vocal lol

mod2.jpg

#4 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Oh wow what a wonderfully-written article. Brings tears to my eyes all over again!!!

I have been on a cloud nine high all week, despite dealing with a ton of bs at work!

:wootwoot:
:wootwoot:

CableandDeadpool_zpsb3c012fd.jpg

#5 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

One thing , where was Eric at? I didn't really see him..

#6 good_n_purple

good_n_purple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Wow! Thanks to the link to the article. What a unique, and special perspective....I felt like I was there. I like how Fleming tells the truth about people in unguarded moments showing who they really are. Excellent work! Lets treasure this moment!

#7 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Awesome article, might even make me stop hating ESPN for a few minutes.
qpi44x.jpg

#8 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,598 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Great article. Here's a really weird and interesting quote:

The ceiling [of the Ravens lockerroom] starts to leak. Not a drip, but a steady stream from a crease in the concrete just to the right of the Ravens' locker room door. Two feet away is a massive tangle of electric plugs, cords, connections and computer equipment. Someone from the team slides a large plastic garbage can under the leak. Problem solved. But seeing this, I begin to feel lucky that the blackout lasted only 34 minutes.

Superdome must be held together by bandaids.

Everything I say is correct

#9 darklight1216

darklight1216

Sith Lord

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,108 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

That was a great article. Thanks for sharing.

When I read things like that, I find that mind wanders to what it must be like for the losers during that time...

akaf89.jpg

#10 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

That was amazing. It's better than watching the raw footage... not really, but yes. I think.

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

#11 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,299 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Wow... Beautiful article!!! I love our team, man.