40 replies to this topic

#1 Hjulmann

Hjulmann

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

So yeah, I recall debating with my friend that Jacoby Jones could be a possible Super Bowl MVP after his return TD and the seventy something TD from Flacco. Not trying to take anything away from Flacco at all, but what do you guys think?

xojmt4.jpg
I miss our ballhawk

#2 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,546 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yes, IMO he was the MVP. Probably of the whole damn season!
Posted Image

#3 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,524 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I remember him botching one kickoff and dropping the only other pass that went his way. I think there was also a muffed punt in there. Those 2 plays were huge but his overall day wasn't MVP worthy over Flacco's.

#4 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Jacoby made two electrifying plays but Joe was sharp throughout and could have made a bigger second half had it not been for some drops.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#5 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Could've been, sure. There were a few people who could've been MVP. Boldin as well. We played as an ultimate team on Sunday with great performances throughout, not just depending on one guy.

But the way Joe has played throughout the entire playoffs, the SB MVP is well deserved.
Posted Image

#6 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

It was kind of the same deal as when Ray won the MVP in 2000. He won the MVP because of his body of work in the playoffs, not solely on his performance in the Super Bowl.

Flacco was the same way.

#7 TonyTone1192

TonyTone1192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

So yeah, I recall debating with my friend that Jacoby Jones could be a possible Super Bowl MVP after his return TD and the seventy something TD from Flacco. Not trying to take anything away from Flacco at all, but what do you guys think?

If you're gonna make a call for MVP's other than Flacco I think Jones is 1b and Mr. 81 is 1a

Not taking ANYTHING away from Jones he played VERY WELL but Boldin came up B I G!!!

bleed P U R P L E!

#8 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

It was kind of the same deal as when Ray won the MVP in 2000. He won the MVP because of his body of work in the playoffs, not solely on his performance in the Super Bowl.

Flacco was the same way.

I mean come on. No INTs against two of the best defenses. 11 TDs. Well deserved. The only way he wouldn't have gotten it was if he stunk it up in the SB but we win in spite of him.
Posted Image

#9 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Anquan Boldin. Hand made of gold.

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

I think he could have easily won it. And if we would have continued to blow them out, he probably would have. I think he was our MVP in the Superbowl, but Flacco deserved it as well. Joe had one of the greatest postseasons for a QB ever.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#11 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

A performance like that against a defense like that? If Jacoby was a nightmare, then Flacco was the boogeyman. Converting critical third downs, making plays with his feet, picking apart the secondary, completing passes at a high rate and throwing TDs like it was going out of style...
JJ deserves a hell of a lot of recognition and credit for our win, but how can anyone but Flacco get the SB MVP honor?
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#12 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

A performance like that against a defense like that? If Jacoby was a nightmare, then Flacco was the boogeyman. Converting critical third downs, making plays with his feet, picking apart the secondary, completing passes at a high rate and throwing TDs like it was going out of style...
JJ deserves a hell of a lot of recognition and credit for our win, but how can anyone but Flacco get the SB MVP honor?

Well, according to the sore loser SF fans
"Flacco is a choke artist! He throws lobs to Anquan Boldin, one of the 5 best WR in the NFL, and he catches horribly thrown balls. So Boldin deserved MVP"

For the record, he was in pace to have one of the greatest SBs ever before the blackout. So he did deserve the MVP
Banned

#13 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Well, according to the sore loser SF fans
"Flacco is a choke artist! He throws lobs to Anquan Boldin, one of the 5 best WR in the NFL, and he catches horribly thrown balls. So Boldin deserved MVP"

For the record, he was in pace to have one of the greatest SBs ever before the blackout. So he did deserve the MVP

Here's the thing Anquan is not going to beat his man with his speed especially on sideline throws.. so the physical go up and outmuscle type of catches are the ones he's going to make. Most fans outside of the Ravens fan base don't understand this so obviously when they see that they don't view it as good throws just Anquan making a play. It is what it is. Anquan Jacoby and Joe were all huge and have legitimate cases.

#14 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

All World ain't he? lol!

OH! Can I be VP? :D

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

Ray Rice got done dirty. Shame on you "Fans" and NFL higher-ups.

#15 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

All World ain't he? lol!

OH! Can I be VP? :D

No, that belongs to ME! :P
He's top 5. He's elite
Banned

#16 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

I mean come on. No INTs against two of the best defenses. 11 TDs. Well deserved. The only way he wouldn't have gotten it was if he stunk it up in the SB but we win in spite of him.

Oh I'm not disliking the pick at all. No Flacco and we don't get past Denver. I was just explaining it was a "body of work" thing, just like Lewis' in 2000.

#17 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Jones certainly had the biggest plays of the game, but Flacco was hot throughout the Ravens' scoring drives, chucking and scrambling outside of the pocket on his way to 34 pt.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#18 Footman DCXLV

Footman DCXLV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

I wouldn't have been shocked at all if Jacoby had one it, but any quarterback who throws three touchdowns and no interceptions and doesn't win the MVP would require a player with more than just two significant plays in the game. That being said, had Joe had an average game, I fully expect Jacoby would have won it.

Posted Image

#19 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Reminds me of last year's Super Bowl, when Manning won the MVP Award, despite several huge plays from Mario Manningham.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#20 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Jacoby made two plays during the game basically. Flacco delivered a more consistent contribution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users