Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gordo52

So which QB will say it?

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be?

• Matt Ryan
    • Josh Freeman
    • Matt Stafford
    • Sam Bradford
    • Cam Newton
    • Philip Rivers
    • Tony Romo
    • Andy Dalton
    • Matt Schaub
    • Russel Wilson
    • Jay Cutler
    • Mark Sanchez
    • Robert Griffin lll
    • Andrew Luck

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

It's officially the offseason. Last year it was Manning. This year it was Joe. They both got criticized for believing they were the best, and then won Superbowl MVP....

Who will do it this year, you know someones gonna do it! I'm going with Josh Freeman. Purely off a gut feeling... How about you?

My second guess would be Matt Ryan. Sanchez/Romo/Weeden will probably say it in hopes it comes true.

It doesn't matter which. Lightning won't strike three years in a row.

Besides, Eli and Joe seemed to be fairly disrespected compared to the Cutler's, Romo's, and Ryan's of the world.

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1360113667' post='1347020']
Mark Sa[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nchez...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]... but, because he's Mark Sa[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nchez, this "guara[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ntee" will have some ki[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nd of reverse-effect. Mea[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ni[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ng Sa[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nchez will set the record for most i[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nterceptio[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ns throw[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n i[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n a seaso[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n a[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nd the [/font][/color][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]New York Jets will go 0-16...[/color][/font]
[/quote]Lol that sounds about right

I instantly thought Tony Romo.

Cam Newton is the most likely to say something like that. But Romo needs to go ahead and make that annoucement and save his career lol.

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1360115388' post='1347068']

Cam Newton is the most likely to say something like that. But Romo needs to go ahead and make that annoucement and save his career lol.
[/quote]I went with Cam and surprisingly I think he could do it sometime in the next couple years when the Panthers get some pieces and he gets consistent.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1360113357' post='1347011']
I am going with Same Bradford :P

That team is loaded
[/quote]Lol, fixed it ;)

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1360113667' post='1347020']
Mark Sa[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nchez...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]... but, because he's Mark Sa[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nchez, this "guara[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ntee" will have some ki[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nd of reverse-effect. Mea[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ni[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ng Sa[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nchez will set the record for most i[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nterceptio[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ns throw[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n i[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n a seaso[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n a[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nd the [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]New York Jets will go 0-16...[/color][/font]
[/quote]
43 INT's? I could totally see that happening!

That would average 2.6 INT's a game! :D

Well, when you take into account Dallas, NYG, Washington, Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, San Diego & Arizona all play Philadelphia at home...it could be between Romo, RG3, Cutler, Stafford, Smith (if he goes to KC), Rivers, or Kolb.

I want to say Romo, Stafford, or Smith.

schuab, he has a lot to prove and will be hounded by the houston media all summer so i bet he lets it slip. maybe matt ryan

I'm going with joe again.
He will phrase it differentially but he will say it again
We will do it again
Everyone will try to explain why Baltimore won't repeat but it won't matter they kept saying they wouldn't do it the first time too.

[quote name='Tiz' timestamp='1360214820' post='1348837']
I'm going with joe again.
He will phrase it differentially but he will say it again
We will do it again
Everyone will try to explain why Baltimore won't repeat but it won't matter they kept saying they wouldn't do it the first time too.
[/quote]
This!

Joe has just ascended to the level of Elite QB

Now its time for him to become double ascended (cookie if you know to what this is referring)

I dont believe that my vote is the person who will actually win. but in terms of the ego to call themself the best, Matt Stafford takes the title. I HATE him with undying passion because he is one of the most absolutely arrogant *insert extremely offensive name* I have ever seen. I look forward to the day that jerk retires. He seems like the type who would make this self prediction.

[quote name='CalvinSmoke' timestamp='1360115388' post='1347068']

[/quote]

...or end his career when it doesn't pan out lol

I thought Sanchez. Only because I can see him saying to himself, "oh, I get it now. Say it and it will happen." Of course, Sanchez being Sanchez.....he'll just spend the entire season wondering if he said it wrong.

Do any of these dudes have the swagger and audacity of a Joe Flex to say it?

[img]http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/flacco-500x364.png[/img]

Rivers, Newton, or Cutler are the only ones I could see saying it. The rest of those guys make white paint look exciting.

I could definitely see Rivers saying it, seeing as he needs to rebound from his last 2 miserable seasons. Romo as well. Newton's already alluded to wanting to be an "icon and entertainer" before he took a snap so why not him. I think after Sanchez got paid he stopped thinking about anything but counting his money. I don't see any of the rest of those guys even being questioned on the issue.

I'm going to make a dark horse pick and say that at least 3 quarterbacks will say it. The reason being that the media members have probably noticed this too and may make a point of asking it more often than normal.

Philip Rivers, Cam Newton, and Jay Cutler are my top choices.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1360255077' post='1349154']
[img]http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/flacco-500x364.png[/img]
[/quote]
This is so awesome. Literally full of win. haha

Ryan will say it (or something like it) and have a legit shot at winning. But Romo, maybe Sanchez (wild card for Cutler to say it) will try to.... (except maybe Cutler does with that defence, Bmarsh and his arm strength and Romo with his stats inflation)...

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1360543893' post='1353726']
Ryan will say it (or something like it) and have a legit shot at winning. But Romo, maybe Sanchez (wild card for Cutler to say it) will try to.... (except maybe Cutler does with that defence, Bmarsh and his arm strength and Romo with his stats inflation)...
[/quote]

I definitely think Ryan is going to say it. The media love affair with him has been trying to crown him elite from almost day one, but he hasn't lived up to it where it counts. Now, they are trying to say there are only 3 or 4 elite QBs and Ryan, Roethlisberger and the rest are down in that 2nd pack. Some have proclaimed Joe Elite ... most still don't but Matty Melt ain't gonna like that and he's going to proclaim himself.

Sadly for Matty, I get the feeling they're gonna take a step back next year and go 1 and done in the playoffs again. :D

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1360215848' post='1348852']
Joe Flacco is going to win every Super Bowl until he retires.
[/quote]this

I thought about the new QBs getting all the love and maybe Cam Newton being a little jealous. He was the first to come to mind.

[quote name='cobrajet' timestamp='1360771614' post='1356592']
I thought about the new QBs getting all the love and maybe Cam Newton being a little jealous. He was the first to come to mind.
[/quote]

Next year is going to be fun to watch. With defenses having an offseason to study Kaepernick and the blueprint the Ravens and Falcons laid down on dealing with him, it's going to be very interesting to see how he does his sophomore year. Same with RGIII. I see Cameron making a comeback and not worrying about proclaiming himself elite. Russell Wilson won't have to either, guy is the real deal. I keep drifting back to Ryan. He's gonna get tired of hearing about Flacco and Playoff/Superbowl wins and snap on someone. :D

I could also see Romo or Sanchez trying to say it too though.

[quote name='DMH_in_WA' timestamp='1360805654' post='1357182']
Next year is going to be fun to watch. With defenses having an offseason to study Kaepernick and the blueprint the Ravens and Falcons laid down on dealing with him, it's going to be very interesting to see how he does his sophomore year. Same with RGIII. I see Cameron making a comeback and not worrying about proclaiming himself elite. Russell Wilson won't have to either, guy is the real deal. I keep drifting back to Ryan. He's gonna get tired of hearing about Flacco and Playoff/Superbowl wins and snap on someone. :D

I could also see Romo or Sanchez trying to say it too though.
[/quote]
Good point. I just grin from ear to ear everytime I think about Joe having a ring and all those playoff wins and poor little Mattie Icebox with only one playoff win and not being able to beat the rookie Kaepernick in front of his hometown fans...................yeah he is going to snap. :)

For me it's a toss up between Matt Ryan and Tony Romo. Either way it's irrelevant because neither team will be in the Super Bowl. I'd rather make an even more bold prediction and say Flacco will say he's elite once again and once again we win another Super Bowl. :D