22 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Ed Reed said players started talking about it killing momentum. Then it happened.

View the full article

#2 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

would have been a blowout if the outage did not happen

#3 Bingo Baby

Bingo Baby

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, we would have won by at least 21 if the power didnt go out.

#4 ravens mexico

ravens mexico

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Despite power outage, Ravens' win :D

#5 DallasRavensFan

DallasRavensFan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Silicon valley is rigth next to San Fransisco. I wonder if some computer geek hacked the New Orleans electric company? The timing of the outage was just too perfect for the 49ers.

#6 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I heard that during Beyonce's practice sessions, the power went out twice. Don't know if anyone else heard that, or if it's true. Don't think it affected us as much as it just helped them get focused and realize they were about to lose in a route. Flacco said it right at the trophy ceremony. We don't make anything easy, and that's how we like it. Just like the four games in 17 days to start the season. We beat the best to get there, and nobody was saying that the 49ers were NOT the best in the NFC. The better team won, and the better QB played his butt off.

#7 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

The timing was too advantageous to the 9ers for it to be a natural event. Very hoaxie and very unfair. And it did squash momentum. No doubt about it. Look at the film yourself. No event should be held in this ramshackled stadium ever again. The flooding from the hurricane did damage and caused corrosion. And the nfl knew it or should have. The nfl should award the Ravens 10 extra first round draft picks in exchange and that still wouldn't be enough to remove the egg from their face as far as I'm concerned. You cool a team down (especially the offense) for 84 minutes, then expect the game to go on as if everything was normal? The game should have been called at the very least at the point of the 'dimming' and the Ravens awarded the trophy. When has this ever happened before at a superbowl. No more games at the UNSUPERDOME.
The fact we're still talking about it means it was a distraction and a disservice to both teams but especially to the Raven. 10 MORE FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR THE RAVENS FOR COMPENSATION. Lets let 'em hear about it up at NFL headquarters!!!!!!!!

#8 Westcoast RAVEN

Westcoast RAVEN

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hey Ravens fans, what a stance we made!! I think Ray was right though, with his biblical speaches. No matter what sort of bull was going on, they just couldn't stop us

Edited by Grapple Raven, 06 February 2013 - 04:13 AM.
Caps/profanity

#9 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

It is what it is. Would've been a bigger story if the 9ers had won. Guess what?

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#10 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Stadiums should have back-up generators, lol.

MOD666 SUX & FUUX!!!!!!

#11 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Of course it affected the game but luckily we still won, and with a fitting goal line stand.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but if it smells like a rat, and looks like a rat...

Posted Image

#12 Jfravens

Jfravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Niners Cheated Its obvious, there's no doubt, they're trying to make an excuse by saying the Stadium was in bad conditions but... really? i mean c'mon , we are not stupids, there are cheaters with tons of power in every single sport, they tried to in this superbowl because if it wasnt by the power outage ravens could have gone 100-6, Im sure they cheated they tried, but we won! ravens all daaaaaaayy!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 06 February 2013 - 04:13 AM.
Caps

#13 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

C.O.N. spiracy! Plus, what Steven A. said! Lol!

#14 Magnum

Magnum

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I don't like the idea of conspiracy either but, if you look at it from a neutral standpoint...

The power goes out on one of the most important games in the World at the time. Not at the begining, not at the end, pretty much right smack in the middle. Shamefull. No other time in any championship game in it's respective sport has had this happen.

Our defence is older than the 9ers. You can't tell me that an older player can recover like a younger one, no matter if the time of break was same. I can't compete with a 20 year old. That was definatly an advantage there.

It also gave the 9ers a good time to sit back and collect their breaths about what to adjust on defence, and offence. They had a 2nd halftime really. How could that not help?

I understand completely that we had the same advantage of time but come on. If a boxer is having his way in the 1st five rounds, and then you give the competition enough time to rest, how is that not an advantage?

BTW, the betting spread was 3 1/2 I think. Food for thought.

#15 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

it definitely doesn't pass the smell test.in the age of advanced technology three days after the event no solid answers.they have answers but not ones they can tell is all

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#16 Derrel

Derrel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Very hokie. I do not trust the NFL.

#17 heycuf

heycuf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Man,we had just opened the XL can of Whipping(I mean Whuppin)on San Fran and we were on schedule to easily put up another 14 at least.Somebody,knew what they needed to do.You know and I know that as much as B-More is disliked they did not want history to read San Fran blown out in the most lopsided Super Bowl in history.Plus the bookies were freaking out.You know they couldn't let that happen.

#18 webb#21

webb#21

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Agree with heycuf. Ravens would have laid 50 points on the board and the score would have been something like 55-20. No contest. The fact they knew power issues could come into play in october says something.

#19 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

This would've been a repeat of 2000 maybe even worse (for 49er fans I enjoy it allot when the Ravens blow teams out) I say Joe would have went 13-0 in TD's and surpassed 350 yards and Kapernick would have been benched because they weren't getting anywhere

#20 birdmanv

birdmanv

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

One word. "Vegas"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users