72 replies to this topic

#1 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I don't know if anyone else caught it tonight, but Espn was doing a top 5 Qb's segment, and Merril Hoge had Joe Flacco ranked number one on that list, in front of the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning. My reaction to that was "wow! He believes that highly of Flacc now, and he used to be a hater?? Everyone is starting to finally catch on to the fact that Flacco really is an elite Qb. Some regular season consistency would be the next step for Flacco to take in order to be known league-wide as an elite Qb". I think this upcoming year will show Flacco to definitely be in the elite Qb category with the offense's catalyst Cam Cameron gone and with Caldwell stepping into that role full time with new plays that come from him instead of from Cam's playbook. Remember guys, what we saw from the offense was still Cam's playbook, because we couldn't add new plays at that point of the season, so he did an amazing job of making adjustments and getting his players to play at their full potentials. I'm thinking we could very well have a top 5 offense this coming year, depending on what happens at the receiver spot and also at the LT spot.

Discuss.
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#2 Runnin Raven

Runnin Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Too many concussions. That's what I think of Merril Hoge.
TOUCHDOWN RAVENS!!

#3 msufan

msufan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I think ppl are over compensating for being a flacco hater.

#4 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Too many concussions. That's what I think of Merril Hoge.

Lol typically I'd agree, but when he's giving our guys praise, I'm going to say that those concussions helped him become a better man... LOL

#5 Ravens_fan

Ravens_fan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Hell hath froze over, because I have always seen hodge as a complete ravens hater.

#6 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

and then you have delusional people like Tim Hasselbeck to make up for it... guy is a joke. He is top 10 whether Tim likes it or not. Super Bowl champion QB's are automatic top 10's in this day and age. there are no Trent Dilfer exceptions anymore.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#7 ravensdan

ravensdan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

The best part was hodges top 5 actually didn't have brady or manning, then mangini put them in and hodges said his was a top 5 living in the past. Hodges list had flacco rodgers roethlisberger and ryan. Brilliant

2014 BR.COM Forum Franchise Draft

NY Giants

Round 1: Zack Martin(OT/G), Notre Dame  Round 2:  Demarcus Lawrence(DE), Boise St.  Round 4:  Preston Brown(LB), Louisville.  Round 4:  Devonta Freeman(RB), Florida St. Round 4:  Devin Street(Wr), Pitt.  Round 5:  Aaron Murray(QB) Georgia  Round 6:  Jalen Saunders(Wr), Oklahoma, Round 6:  Marcus Williams(CB), North Dakota State  UDFA:  Willie Snead(WR) Ball State, Alden Darby(S)Arizona state, Antonio Andrews(RB) WKU

#8 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

and then you have delusional people like Tim Hasselbeck to make up for it... guy is a joke. He is top 10 whether Tim likes it or not. Super Bowl champion QB's are automatic top 10's in this day and age. there are no Trent Dilfer exceptions anymore.

Tim Hasselbeck has never gotten over the fact that his brother was a much better Qb than he ever was, and that he was a total scrub in the Nfl... The guy will only naturally take down any semi-controversial Qb's as much as he possibly can

#9 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

The best part was hodges top 5 actually didn't have brady or manning, then mangini put them in and hodges said his was a top 5 living in the past. Hodges list had flacco rodgers roethlisberger and ryan. Brilliant

That was classic. He burnt Mangin"a" to a crisp when he said that

Edited by T-ray, 05 February 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,444 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

This was surprising. What was more surprising is in Tim's little list, he had Kaepernick #10, Joe #11.

Joe Flacco just outplayed him in the superbowl against what they were saying all week was a better defense. (Definitely younger and faster. Not quite as physical though. ;) )

Dude is a joke. Mangini,Dukes and Hasselbeck are on my dark side. The gargabe they've been saying makes me wonder if they're forced to say the crap they do.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#11 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,592 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Posted Image

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

French Toast Mafia GM

Twitter

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,444 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Read the comments on this article, pretty funny. Jaws has been a supporter the whole time..
http://espn.go.com/b...-flacco-at-no-9

#13 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Aaron Rodger, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning are in their own realm.

What Flacco has done in this postseason is nearly perfect. But honestly, it's really silly to put Flacco ahead of those 3.

Those 3 guys will never need a defense or RB, and still carry the team on their back. They create weapons w/ any receivers on the roster and put the team on the playoffs year in, year out. They are also the clear vocal leader of their respective team.

We will probably see if Flacco can carry the team now, w/o a considerable defense if we do not pick up Reed/Ellerbe/Kruger. But right now Flacco is not #1. Lets just be honest w/ that.

#14 Clutch Ravens

Clutch Ravens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

What Flacco has done in this postseason is nearly perfect. But honestly, it's really silly to put Flacco ahead of those 3.

Those 3 guys will never need a defense or RB, and still carry the team on their back. They create weapons w/ any receivers on the roster and put the team on the playoffs year in, year out. They are also the clear vocal leader of their respective team.

We will probably see if Flacco can carry the team now, w/o a considerable defense if we do not pick up Reed/Ellerbe/Kruger. But right now Flacco is not #1. Lets just be honest w/ that.

I'll take him over Manning though. Manning's a choke artist that's 9-11 in this Playoffs, compared to 8-4 for Joe. While Manning's a great regular season QB, I'm never going to trust him with everything on the line.

When the chips are down, Flacco's as good as anyone.
2013 BR.com Mock Draft: Arizona Cardinals
#7 Overall - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
#38 Overall - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
#94 Overall - Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
#113 Overall - E.J. Manuel, QB, FSU
#144 Overall - Joseph Randle, RB, OSU
#178 Overall - Jordan Mills, OT/G, Louisiana Tech
#218 Overall - Greg Reid, CB, FSU
#224 Overall - Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

#15 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I think Joe can make Merril look like a genius next year though. With a full year with Jim and an improved playbook, our offense could get pretty scary. What we do at LT will be an X-factor to it all first. The last thing we need is for Joe to endure another makeshift line.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#16 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Like Ray Lewis said, we have always known he was good.
Now that the balls were not dropped, the runs were meaningful, and we scored the points, the national media has figured it out.

Certain broadcasters were always liking Flacco ( Jaws mostly) but others seem to have no love for our Ravens.

#17 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Personally I prefer Flacco to Peyton just because Peyton chokes in the playoffs. But I do believe that Joe has the potential to be as good as Rodgers if not better. But that's just my opinion.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#18 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,444 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

siderable defense if we do not pick up Reed/Ellerbe/Kruger. But right now Flacco is not #1. Lets just be honest w/ that.

Not that silly. He outplayed them on the road in the playoffs, just saying! At this very moment, in this current offense, current o-line and recievers he's been the best QB on the field.

#19 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Let's not forget, he is the only QB to be in the playoffs every year he's in the NFL.
Pretty amazing.

#20 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,767 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Flacco has propelled himself into top 5 status.

1.Rodgers
2.Peyton
3.Brees
4.Brady
5.Flacco

With Jim he might become more consistant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users