Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mt. Crushmore

2013 Free Agency Thread

1,045 posts in this topic

The first sentence of WalterFootball's grade for the Jenkins-Baldwin trade:

People at work are wondering why I just busted out in laughter. Thanks!

Felix Jones traded to the Squeelers for LB Adrian Robinson

So they can have another RB that will get hurt lol

I wonder what their RB situation will be when we play them lol

michael-turner.jpg
Maybe it will be time for "The Burner" to brings his talents to Pittsburgh? I mean they've already had Santonio Holmes lol

Here is an interesting signing. I guess you can file this under the "sign a player from your next opponent to try to learn any secrets" playbook. The 49ers have signed WR Chris Harper from the Seahawks Practice Squad.

Ladies & Gentlemen, the New York Jets proudly bring to you.... Brady Quinn!

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/268252/jets-add-brady-quinn-to-messy-qb-carousel

You know, with the Jets signing Brady Quinn, it essentially servers as a metaphor of where that team and the Pats stand: New York wishes they were at least as successful as New England is; thus, they signed a Brady, wishing-and hoping he was as good as the other Brady, at this point...

Great player, but is he worth $11 mil a year?!

Absolutely.  Other than Watt, he is the best interior defensive lineman in the game.  He is great at both pass rushing and stopping the run.

Absolutely.  Other than Watt, he is the best interior defensive lineman in the game.  He is great at both pass rushing and stopping the run.

I'll take your word for it.

Didn't realize The Patriots cut P Zolton Mesko, which I can't seem to figure out why. They used a draft pick on him and he was actually a good Punter. Now the Steelers have him.

In Kicking News....

The Bills will sign a Kicker who may have built more frequent flyer miles in the last two weeks, Dan Carpenter. Sixth round pick Dustin Hopkins suffered a groin injury in practice causing the Bills to sign Carpenter. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/02/bills-expected-to-sign-dan-carpenter/

There could be a chance of Billy Cundiff coming back to Baltimore in Week 2. Cundiff has a try out with the Browns tomorrow and well if they sign him, Week 2 should be interesting lol.

In Kicking News....

The Bills will sign a Kicker who may have built more frequent flyer miles in the last two weeks, Dan Carpenter. Sixth round pick Dustin Hopkins suffered a groin injury in practice causing the Bills to sign Carpenter. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/02/bills-expected-to-sign-dan-carpenter/

There could be a chance of Billy Cundiff coming back to Baltimore in Week 2. Cundiff has a try out with the Browns tomorrow and well if they sign him, Week 2 should be interesting lol.

No one gives a damn about kickers until they falter or start getting hurt...

Mark Ingram is now allegedly on the market.  NO wants high-round draft picks for the budding short-distance back.

Great player, but is he worth $11 mil a year?!

He's worth more imo. He is unquestionably the best 4-3 DT in the game today.

I'm not sure if this is where to discuss, but Brian Cushing just got PAID. 

Details on Cushing's extension: Source says it's a six-year extension worth $55,643,000 with $21M guaranteed. Wow.

He's one of the best ILB in the game, but still that's a lot to give to a guy coming off an ACL at a position that is not traditionally given huge money. I mean, do they plan on paying JJ Watt?? He will command twice that.

My guess is Schaub is as good as gone and they either try to develop Yates as the future QB or they draft one early next year. No way they can afford a non-rookie QB and have some of these massive contracts.

I'm not sure if this is where to discuss, but Brian Cushing just got PAID. 

Details on Cushing's extension: Source says it's a six-year extension worth $55,643,000 with $21M guaranteed. Wow.

He's one of the best ILB in the game, but still that's a lot to give to a guy coming off an ACL at a position that is not traditionally given huge money. I mean, do they plan on paying JJ Watt?? He will command twice that.

My guess is Schaub is as good as gone and they either try to develop Yates as the future QB or they draft one early next year. No way they can afford a non-rookie QB and have some of these massive contracts.

They're making some questionable decisions for sure. 9.2M for an ILB? Wow. Now I'm worried about guys like Daryl Smith & Arthur Brown, lol. 

Does any one know where Leon Sandcastle landed in the draft?
Did he end up a free agent or what ?

Does any one know where Leon Sandcastle landed in the draft?
Did he end up a free agent or what ?

He was drafted in the 4th by the Jags, and they then traded him to the Bills for some hair gel that their owner gets specially ordered from France. He got caught hitting on the Team President's wife there, so they cut him. The Panthers claimed him off waivers, but they also cut him after he skipped the second preseason game to finish his online poker tournament that he started attempting to win an seat in next year's World Series Main Event. They attempted to sign him to their practice squad this week, but he is instead shopping himself around the league. He has workouts scheduled in Philly, Houston and Seattle this week, and he's also been in contact with Minnesota and Kansas City. His brother just signed with Tennessee to be their towel boy, though.

Felix Jones traded to the Squeelers for LB Adrian Robinson

I just realized Robinson was in this trade. The steelers do have alot of good lbs, but Robinson showed some good promise from what I saw of his play. Felix has been a bit of a maddening player. He shows some big play potential and receiving skills but can't seem to stay on the field. Still I think this stable of backs they have are better than last years group.

The Giants have re-signed their old RB, Brandon Jacobs.

Wow!  That is definitely not something I expected.  That dude has no tread left on the tires.  Coughlin must be really pissed, are we sure David Wilson is still alive right now?

Regardless, Coughlin is a dinosaur.  If he's still in the league in another 3 seasons I'll be very surprised.  He's no someone who seems to be capable of adapting to modern football, and outside of two instances of sheer dumb luck his teams have been average.