Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mt. Crushmore

2013 Free Agency Thread

1,045 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is where to discuss, but Brian Cushing just got PAID. 

Details on Cushing's extension: Source says it's a six-year extension worth $55,643,000 with $21M guaranteed. Wow.

He's one of the best ILB in the game, but still that's a lot to give to a guy coming off an ACL at a position that is not traditionally given huge money. I mean, do they plan on paying JJ Watt?? He will command twice that.

My guess is Schaub is as good as gone and they either try to develop Yates as the future QB or they draft one early next year. No way they can afford a non-rookie QB and have some of these massive contracts.

I'm not sure if this is where to discuss, but Brian Cushing just got PAID. 

Details on Cushing's extension: Source says it's a six-year extension worth $55,643,000 with $21M guaranteed. Wow.

He's one of the best ILB in the game, but still that's a lot to give to a guy coming off an ACL at a position that is not traditionally given huge money. I mean, do they plan on paying JJ Watt?? He will command twice that.

My guess is Schaub is as good as gone and they either try to develop Yates as the future QB or they draft one early next year. No way they can afford a non-rookie QB and have some of these massive contracts.

They're making some questionable decisions for sure. 9.2M for an ILB? Wow. Now I'm worried about guys like Daryl Smith & Arthur Brown, lol. 

Does any one know where Leon Sandcastle landed in the draft?
Did he end up a free agent or what ?

Does any one know where Leon Sandcastle landed in the draft?
Did he end up a free agent or what ?

He was drafted in the 4th by the Jags, and they then traded him to the Bills for some hair gel that their owner gets specially ordered from France. He got caught hitting on the Team President's wife there, so they cut him. The Panthers claimed him off waivers, but they also cut him after he skipped the second preseason game to finish his online poker tournament that he started attempting to win an seat in next year's World Series Main Event. They attempted to sign him to their practice squad this week, but he is instead shopping himself around the league. He has workouts scheduled in Philly, Houston and Seattle this week, and he's also been in contact with Minnesota and Kansas City. His brother just signed with Tennessee to be their towel boy, though.

Felix Jones traded to the Squeelers for LB Adrian Robinson

I just realized Robinson was in this trade. The steelers do have alot of good lbs, but Robinson showed some good promise from what I saw of his play. Felix has been a bit of a maddening player. He shows some big play potential and receiving skills but can't seem to stay on the field. Still I think this stable of backs they have are better than last years group.

The Giants have re-signed their old RB, Brandon Jacobs.

Wow!  That is definitely not something I expected.  That dude has no tread left on the tires.  Coughlin must be really pissed, are we sure David Wilson is still alive right now?

Regardless, Coughlin is a dinosaur.  If he's still in the league in another 3 seasons I'll be very surprised.  He's no someone who seems to be capable of adapting to modern football, and outside of two instances of sheer dumb luck his teams have been average.

Bears announce they've re-signed Jay Cutler: Wasted little time locking up franchise QB. http://bit.ly/1kbmSsX  @footballpost #NFL

Heard it's a 7 year deal. I don't know, if that's wise with a QB, who inspite of having great weapons never got to the next level. Being injury prone doesn't help either.

Update: PFT reports Cutler's new deal is worth $18M in the first three years....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/02/cutlers-new-deal-worth-18-million-a-year-in-first-three/

Wow, wonder if anyone in the media will defend this like he deserved it...... 

Aaron Wilson@RavensInsider26m

Bears announce they've re-signed Jay Cutler: Wasted little time locking up franchise QB. http://bit.ly/1kbmSsX @footballpost #NFL

Heard it's a 7 year deal. I don't know, if that's wise with a QB, who inspite of having great weapons never got to the next level. Being injury prone doesn't help either.

I think he could win a SB if Chicago now had a competent D.

They have the pieces, but they're going to need DTs now. Both Melton and Ratliff are FAs. I would imagine that they franchise Tillman

Anxious to hear some personnel/players changes and moves from the Ravens......

you'll be waiting a while. We are slow, always have been a deadline day type of team

Ok everybody can shut their mouths about Joe Flacco's contract.

Jay Cutler's contract with the Bears is a 7-year $126M deal with $54M Guaranteed. 

Ok everybody can shut their mouths about Joe Flacco's contract.

Jay Cutler's contract with the Bears is a 7-year $126M deal with $54M Guaranteed. 

They get out cheaply after three years.

This is actually a good signing. A little risky, but could go a long way.

Bears are everywhere

They have re-signed Tim Jennings and Matt Slauson to 4 year deals as well

All the guaranteed money is in the 1st three seasons.

No signing bonus? That's a ballsy deal for Cutler to take, essentially a 3 year Franchise Tag.

Good moves by the Bears. They were on the uptick before injury issues killed that D. Trestman did a great job with Cutler, I'm glad we'll get to see what he can do with another year to work.

They get out cheaply after three years.

This is actually a good signing. A little risky, but could go a long way.

Who cares, all it matters is the big 126, right? I mean that's how everyone looked at Joe's contract. Just saw the 120 so why can't we just look at Cutler's the same way, oh that's why it's Cutler and not Flacco.

No signing bonus? That's a ballsy deal for Cutler to take, essentially a 3 year Franchise Tag.

I guess not. He still gets $54 million guaranteed so it isn't that bad for him.