64 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Tuesday's Super Bowl celebration shows how wild Baltimore is for Ravens.

View the full article

#2 BmorePride5220

BmorePride5220

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Amazing.....Just Amazing... After all the painful years of no NFL our team does an unimaginable feat to win 2 world championships in the first 17 years of the franchises existence is incredible. Thank you Ravens for filling the void left by the Colts and then some, Bmore will love this franchise forever, thank you so much

#3 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for putting this all in perspective...Great article Eisenburg!

#4 ravensfanin tx

ravensfanin tx

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

What a testament to Mr. Modell and Steve.
Where once lurked Bob Irsay, now there resides perhaps arguably the best owner/front office/coaching staff combination in maybe all of professional sports.
As I have heard tell, when one door closes, another one opens.
Thank you Mr. Irsay, may you rest in peace, for stealing our Colts in the middle of a snowy March evening.
If you had never done so, then we wouldn't have our Ravens, now would we?

#5 bmoreravens21784

bmoreravens21784

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Best fans in the world!

#6 xXKingBmoreXx

xXKingBmoreXx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Awesome turnout today, Downtown was PACKED full of purple & black, RavenNation truly represented & showed it's Super Bowl Champion Ravens' love.

#Salute

#7 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

beating the colts on the way made it even more magical!

#8 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Not that I'm really old enough (I was only a baby when the Colts left town), but I feel that losing the Colts makes us love the Ravens that much more. That, along with the fact that the national media and the NFL seem to be against us, even though we succeed.

#9 alec4

alec4

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hard work, respect, fair play, commitment, trust, family. These values are at the core of the Ravens on-field success. They forge the bond that makes teammates brothers in the locker room and bring love from the hearts of fans streaming into the streets of Baltimore.

#10 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,768 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

while i have the utmost respect for what the Colts did in the "old" days, the Baltimore Ravens are the "new" breed! they are the team that brought a Championship to Baltimore in 2000 and now in 2012. it's all about the RAVENS...not the colts! let it go cause they (colts) are gone and the RAVENS are here to stay! We are the Championsssss!

~Mili

Edited by Grapple Raven, 05 February 2013 - 10:22 PM.
Caps

#11 RavensBaltimore

RavensBaltimore

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

One thing that I think makes the fans love and feel so close to the team is all the things this team had to go through and overcome. We constantly get disrespected by the media and we've been robbed by bad calls and untimely fluke errors. We've come so close and had so many heartbreaking losses, but this team shows more resiliency and heart than anyone and keeps coming back. Three of our best defensive players were hurt this year, and two of them made comebacks that proved all the doubters wrong. All the pundits and "experts" kept picking against us, and made it seem like we would not only lose, but we wouldn't even have a chance. The "us against the world" mentality is very real for the fans as well, and I think it helps bring Ravens Nation closer together, gives us an emotional connection, and makes us love our team even more.

#12 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Best fans in the world!

No Doubt!!!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 05 February 2013 - 10:23 PM.
Caps

#13 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Elite Article !!!!!!!!!

#14 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

I love our city and I love our team. Thank you Ravens for making this city bask in the glow of the Lombardi once again.

#15 Dumbo of Rome

Dumbo of Rome

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

As a honorary citizen of Baltimore, I am honored to be a citizen of Charm City.
Long live the Ravens! Evermore!

#16 jonny raven

jonny raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

We'll be big time in a decade or so. I feel like fan base growth begins with kids watching successful teams. Right now, Ravens Nation is local, but as these kids grow up that latched on to our success, Ravens Nation will spread across country.

#17 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,376 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I was in middle school when Irsay ripped the heart out of this city/ area. The 'dark years' with no team and watching other cities teams win on Sunday was hard. I was a Redskins fan, they were my NFC team, not the same. I cried when we did not get the expansion team, took time to warm up to the Ravens and fell in love in 1998 after my first game at the Vault or PSI net, bought 3 PSLs that day. I feel like every time the Ravens fans turn out like today-- it is sticking to Taglibue and his museum, how dare he not award us a team?
Here is to the greatest fans in the NFL and the best owner and front office and players! Art Modell has a special place in my heat also. I will never forget the BALTIMORE Colts but I bleed purple and will for life.

Our fans were the NFLs best kept secret, not after that parade lol
Posted Image

#18 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

our baltimore colts and there legacy will never be forgotten but its now ravens time baby!!

#19 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'll never forget the emotional connection to the Baltimore Colts, but the Ravens bring it.
A new way to win and show off our passion, for our city, the team and our pride.
Crab cakes forever!!!
GO beautiful Ravens!

#20 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I wasn't around for the Colts, and when I moved here I couldn't believe that Baltimore didn't have a football team.

I got on the bandwagon once the Ravens got here, and that attachment has grown and gotten stronger over time. I think it's fair to say that the team who used to be called the Baltimore Browns no longer have any true ties to the Browns any longer. Art Modell (bless his soul) learned from his mistakes when he brought the team over from Cleveland. The Browns fans are still mad (rightly so) because they felt he promised them to never move the team, and if it were to be sold to sell it to a native.

Well Art's hand was forced, but I think he had some regret about the way the move was handled. Ensuring the mistake wasn't repeated he sold the team to a Baltimore native, and Bisciotti has given us a team that is now all our own.

We will always be grateful to the Modells, and I think Browns fans need to forgive a man who had the best of intentions for football. He left the team name, colors, and records in Cleveland and we don't have that luxury in Baltimore. Yet even our misfortune with the Colts has given rise to the Ravens like a phoenix rising from the ashes. So all's well that ends well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users