Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackbird29

What happened to all of our new friends?

63 posts in this topic

Just curious...but what happened to all the new 49er fans we had made in the two weeks leading up to the big game? I am not trying to be a smart a** but I actually enjoyed talking to Marvin 49 and a few others about football and the games themselves.

There is a huge drum circle made up of Colts, Broncos, Pats, & 49ers fans that is forming in the midwest.

Eric Cartman has been dispersed to the area and has a game plan..........

Know what I just noticed? Jim never said anything like "John's the best coach I know. The best coach in the NFL." On the other hand? Yes, John has been saying these things pretty often

[quote name='BallHawker' timestamp='1360103350' post='1346759']
Know what I just noticed? Jim never said anything like "John's the best coach I know. The best coach in the NFL." On the other hand? Yes, John has been saying these things pretty often
[/quote]

That's not true. I remember Jim saying on media day that he's "half the coach he (John) is, and even that is generous".

[quote name='blackbird29' timestamp='1360100714' post='1346702']
Just curious...but what happened to all the new 49er fans we had made in the two weeks leading up to the big game? I am not trying to be a smart a** but I actually enjoyed talking to Marvin 49 and a few others about football and the games themselves.
[/quote]
Same thing that happened to the Denver and New England fans who were on here smack talkin. After we beat them they obviously threw their computer at the wall cried for a few hours and are making mock drafts of their teams draftin leon sandcastle to give them the edge next year.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1360101652' post='1346715']
They are still whining along with Jimmy Harbs and Frank Gore that they were better team!
[/quote]
The media overrated the hell out of SF's offense, they made Kaepernick out to be the second coming of Johnny Unitas. He played against Greenbays old tattered beat up defense, and Atlanta's old sloppy defense. Both defenses were very average and not very stout, yet the media looked at it like Kaepernick just played the Steelers or the Seahawks or a good defense. We had to beat 2 of the top teams in the NFL including Denvers very good defense and we won with a dominating offensive production. WE were ready for them, they werent ready for us, and we all know as fans even our own defense wasnt as good as the top defenses around the league this year due to injurys. But we still dominated Kaepernick and shutdown their offense aside from some garbage time stats where they made it a close game in the end. And yes the Ravens are already deemed underdogs for next years super bowl no surprise...just fuel for the fire that will help to get us back there.

[quote name='BallHawker' timestamp='1360103350' post='1346759']
[/quote]no congrats either .

[quote name='blackbird29' timestamp='1360100714' post='1346702']
[/quote]

and add in the mix...the steelers fans, broncos fans, colts fans, texans fans and yes...the patriots fans! where are they now? complete silence! lol! although a few cats have come back to congratulate us. classy moves on their parts!

~Mili

I guess they all disapeared now that they saw dilfers 'unstoppable' pistol offense reduced to irrelevent

[quote name='Purple_ICE 81' timestamp='1360105286' post='1346808']

The media overrated the hell out of SF's offense, they made Kaepernick out to be the second coming of Johnny Unitas. He played against Greenbays old tattered beat up defense, and Atlanta's old sloppy defense. Both defenses were very average and not very stout, yet the media looked at it like Kaepernick just played the Steelers or the Seahawks or a good defense. We had to beat 2 of the top teams in the NFL including Denvers very good defense and we won with a dominating offensive production. WE were ready for them, they werent ready for us, and we all know as fans even our own defense wasnt as good as the top defenses around the league this year due to injurys. But we still dominated Kaepernick and shutdown their offense aside from some garbage time stats where they made it a close game in the end. And yes the Ravens are already deemed underdogs for next years super bowl no surprise...just fuel for the fire that will help to get us back there.
[/quote]

Yep, though I am nervous about our cap situation.

[quote name='ravensdan' timestamp='1360109521' post='1346897']
I guess they all disapeared now that they saw dilfers 'unstoppable' pistol offense reduced to irrelevent
[/quote]

Man, I could not stand Dilfers commentary his complete awe of the 49ers offense , and their ability to run all over and destroy us. I will mute the tv anytime he is on from here on out.

[quote name='Ravens_fan' timestamp='1360110003' post='1346906']

Yep, though I am nervous about our cap situation.
[/quote]

Baltimore is probably the most consistent front office over the last decade, I have no doubt they will be contenders once again

[quote name='Purple_ICE 81' timestamp='1360105286' post='1346808']
[/quote]
Kaepernick did have a pretty darn good game, just came up short..Both Flacco and Kaepernick played well.

[quote name='funky141' timestamp='1360112613' post='1346974']

Kaepernick did have a pretty darn good game, just came up short..Both Flacco and Kaepernick played well.
[/quote]

But Flacco played against a top 3 defense with a non existent running game.. Kaepernick played the Ravens hobbled defense.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1360113203' post='1347001']
But Flacco played against a top 3 defense with a non existent running game.. Kaepernick played the Ravens hobbled defense.
[/quote]
Flacco had one of the best posteasons ever

No INTS
Tied Montana's record
Got to the SB
Won it
Won the MVP
Earned Himself $100 Mil
and got a new car!

Oh, and if not for the blackout, Kap would have sucked

[/quote]

I heard all week this was the healthiest Ravens team this year, which is it now?

[quote name='funky141' timestamp='1360115322' post='1347067']
I heard all week this was the healthiest Ravens team this year, which is it now?
[/quote]
It takes a long time for players to get over knee injuries, torn triceps, torn achilles, torn biceps, cracked ribs etc. We were healthier than we were all season...but still very much gimping around.

[quote name='Purple_ICE 81' timestamp='1360116549' post='1347098']
It takes a long time for players to get over knee injuries, torn triceps, torn achilles, torn biceps, cracked ribs etc. We were healthier than we were all season...but still very much gimping around.
[/quote]

Tell me about it. The Smith Brothers had two good wings between them.

[/quote]

Ahhh, slipping in some trolling? Healthy meaning MOST players are on the field. More like the walking wounded... it's all good though, It doesn't really matter.

[/quote]

Yea, Kaep started to look good after Ngata left the game, Pollard sustained six fractured ribs, and Reed sprained his MCL.

Plus the lights went out for more game planning.

[/quote]
Theres a difference between a healthy team and the majority of starters being on the field.

That defense was truly the walking wounded.

Pollard- 6 cracked ribs
Lewis- torn tricep
Suggs- torn bicep, recovering achilles tear
Ellerbe- needed ankle cortisone shots to play
Ngata- sprained MCL and sprained shoulder since about week 3
Webb- torn ACL
McClain- spinal cord contusion
Reed- sprained MCL in Super Bowl

Yet outside of Webb and McClain they all played.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1360122435' post='1347260']
Theres a difference between a healthy team and the majority of starters being on the field.

That defense was truly the walking wounded.

Pollard- 6 cracked ribs
Lewis- torn tricep
Suggs- torn bicep, recovering achilles tear
Ellerbe- needed ankle cortisone shots to play
Ngata- sprained MCL and sprained shoulder since about week 3
Webb- torn ACL
Reed- sprained MCL in Super Bowl

Yet outside of Webb they all played.
[/quote]
2000 Defense GOAT
2006 Defense GOAT to not win a SB
2013 Defense: The Walking Wounded+ One of the greatest postseasons ever from Flacco

We needed Flacco in 2006 :P

[quote name='funky141' timestamp='1360112613' post='1346974']
[/quote]

He only needed the equivalent of 70 30 second time outs to get his head back on straight. They were done and he was confused and rattled. They should be thanking whoever or whatever caused that power outage since it kept them from getting embarrassed.