Training Camp      Stadium Practices     

Watch LIVE Press Conferences Saturday at 4:00 pm ET

Jerry Rosburg, Gary Kubiak, and Dean Pees will address the media following training camp practice.
*Time is subject to change
Close

Photo

Lucky FA signed 2012

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I think the most lucky man, inches away from retirement, just winning a SB is Bobbie Williams. He was drafted by the Eagles since 2000, playing for 3 years there, shipped to the Bengals for 7 years of playing, and picked up by the Ravens as FA. I'll bet he would have never thought he can once hoist the Lombardi trophy at the age of 36.

Congratz man......

Edited by AsianRice, 05 February 2013 - 02:47 PM.

2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#2 Raven07

Raven07

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I think the older you get, the more appreciative you become... you know because if you win it all early on..... you are happy and all but you sometimes cant fully grasp what it truly means. when you start getting up there 29-30-31-32-33-34-35 years old, you REALLY appreciate the smallest things. and really enjoy the journey. things that you would have taken for granted when you were younger possibly. You surely appreciate THAT much more now. so a SB now for guys like Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Anquan Boldin, Bobbie Williams. all those players whom are 30 plus years........ you are NOW humbled and blessed to have won it....finally reached the pinnacle. and THATS whats special
Posted Image
yes,Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, Ford, Deadliest Catch exc is my Cousin. 2nd Cousin to be exact.
- Baltimore Ravens Message board First Hall of Famer

#3 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

That's probably why he broke down, crying, screaming, laughing & running around like a mad man when we won. He was one of the first ones I saw.

#4 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Sucks that Derrick Mason, Todd Heap & Jarrett Johnson didn't get their rings. Those guys were very much a part of our past success building upto our SB win

#5 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Sucks that Derrick Mason, Todd Heap & Jarrett Johnson didn't get their rings. Those guys were very much a part of our past success building upto our SB win

no doubt about it but if we keep them, it's going to be tough for us to compete offensively. I love to have those guys winning a SB.......
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#6 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

That's probably why he broke down, crying, screaming, laughing & running around like a mad man when we won. He was one of the first ones I saw.

yep, I saw that too; possibly, we might see some more broken down in tears if we can get a hold of behind the bench video.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#7 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I hope the DVD coming out will have an extended view of the celebrations. Makes the Super Bowl win that much sweeter. This Super Bowl will probably mean more to us than any other we possibly win. The miracles, sending Ray out on top, Ed, Boldin, Birk, Bobbie Williams, Bryant McKinnie. A lot of players past their prime got their rings. Love the feeling.

#8 Footman DCXLV

Footman DCXLV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

I felt good for him, too, as well as all of the veteran guys whose clocks may be running out. Matt Birk, Bryant McKinnie, Bobbie Williams, and Brendon Ayanbadejo. But, especially for Ed Reed, after all these years, and Anquan Boldin, getting his second chance.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users