Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IH EART DA RAVENS

Face of the Franchise - Ed Reed?

12 posts in this topic

Obviously Ray has been the story to end all stories this postseason and Joe played like he left his human limitations at home, but it seems like Ed has really become the face of our victorious team. And I love it! He does some...whacky stuff, for sure. But I really like seeing him so happy and its great the way he's enjoying himself and repping the Ravens.

Ed will never want to be the face of the franchise. He is our veteran leader, and he could become our emotional leader. But he won't be the guy that speaks for the team to the media and such. Typically that's not him

[IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w496/gordonfrombaltimore/edreeeeeeeeed_zps3e9ed219.jpg[/IMG]

Flacco will become the face of the Ravens, Ray made it pretty clear that's what he wants. As long as he can take his form into next year, he's gonna see a lot more respect and attention. The problem with him has been his consistency, but ever since around the San Diego game he has been consistent and really good... ELITE good. Playing like that, he will be our very own Brady/Manning.
As for Ed, I really hope we keep him but I hope he doesn't try to fill in for Ray and stays as the same old Ed.

It's hard to be the face of the Franchise if you arent under contract. I hope Ed comes back, but even then I think the Franchise is all about Flacco now.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1360088729' post='1346454']
You spelled Joe Flacco wrong.
[/quote]haha. This made me chuckle

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1360088729' post='1346454']
You spelled Joe Flacco wrong.
[/quote]
[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1360088825' post='1346456']
haha. This made me chuckle
[/quote]

Seconded. I had to look twice at that one. And, he's absolutely right. Even if Ed comes back, he may be the veteran leader of this team, but there's no denying that Joe Flacco is now the face of the franchise. That's the way it should be, and that's the way the Ravens, as a whole, want it to be.

Huh? Suggs been the media leader for a good min! Ball so hard university and defensive player of the yr! It's the T.Sizzle show as it has been the last couple of yrs.