50 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,560 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

The second-year cornerback made the game's biggest play after a trying season.

View the full article

#2 Haze of Purple

Haze of Purple

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

i was very impressed with Jimmy's performance on Sunday, hopefully he will continue to improve.

Chykie? Not impressed in the least...

#3 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Ryan Mink kudos for explaining that play in as unbiased as an opinion can be despite working for the Ravens organization. Could it have been called as pass interference, yes and yes-- offensive and defensive. It was only right that the ref kept the flag tucked away nicely somewhere under his garments. If you want to start pointing out all the bad calls then you'd clearly see the Ravens were hosed. This game should have been a blowout; it should never have come close. Then again I didn't want my Ravens winning another blowout Superbowl making it seem like an unfair match-up. I kind of like the way it ended; now I know this one will be in contention for greatest Superbowl ever and Jim Harbaugh and Frank Gore would have to endure watching it for years on NFL Network. All's well that ends well.

#4 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Jimmy played great

#5 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

jimys crack on crabtree that knocked that ball loose was absolutely beautiful

#6 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Jimmy has made big plays in big games before. i remember his int last year in NE. but knocking the ball out of crabtree hands was the best yet. enjoy the parade and good luck this offseason

#7 blackandpurplesacks

blackandpurplesacks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

He will be starting alongside webb next year. Graham will be #3 nickel and be able to also play special teams, which is what he was signed for in the first place, being a pro bowler. This will improve both the secondary (jimmy is better than cary IMO) and also the special team unit.

#8 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Way to keep fighting Jimmy. A little humble pie can help us all.

#9 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

His best play was that strip before the 4th down reminiscent of the Lee Evans situation! Jimmy laid the "wood" on Crabtree knocking the caught ball loose!

Karma, right?

Build on that, young man, build on it!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 05 February 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#10 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

What our secondary accomplished without having Lardarius Webb was tremendous. All our young players stepped up to win this. The Red Zone Defense that stopped teams when it mattered. I am proud of them all.

Edited by Fastfingers, 05 February 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#11 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Great signs of things to come from our secondary can't wait.

#12 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Next Year Jimmy will be the Man... Revis became an Island year 3... Here we go!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 05 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.
Caps

#13 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

That's what it normally takes for skilled positions like WR and CB to break out is 3 years as long as he can stay healthy there's big things in his future

#14 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

hopefully now that Jimmy is healthy we can see him reach his full potential. Hope the super bowl was an inication that no stage is too big for him, as he grows into an elite CB. THat would be hughe moving forward:
1 It solidifies our Defense
2 It gives us the type of physical presence that has made us so feared
3. It allows us to transition smoothly *if* we lose Cary
4. It allows Webby to ease back into his oldoform
5. We will face the Brady, Peyton, Rivers, ROthlisberger, Dalton and Luck in the AFC -Jimmy will be a big part of our success moving forwarad if he continues to reach him potential!

#15 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

If you look at the CBs we have for next season, we are loaded. Webb, J. Smith, C. Graham, Asa Jackson, Chykie Brown, C. Williams, C. johnson and plus anyone I forgot. Thats not even considering we might draft someone. And Im not even going to get into the safety position. I'm feeling pretty good about our DB situation

Edited by Grapple Raven, 05 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.
Caps

#16 Bohica5

Bohica5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

thats about the1st play he's made all year...............Great job Mr Smith.....you have earned the paycheck and the ring.....

#17 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

His best play was that strip before the 4th down reminiscent of the Lee Evans situation! Jimmy laid the "wood" on Crabtree knocking the caught ball loose!

Karma, right?

Build on that, young man, build on it!

I have to disagree with you on that. Lee Evans was in the end zone untouched and lost the ball due to not realizing what was on the line. He had time to clutch the ball as tight as possible. In a span on two seconds we went from in the Super Bowl to not in the Super Bowl. On the 3rd down play Crabtree wasn't in the endzone and he had Graham on him going for the tackle and then Jimmy came in and finished him up. He never really had the time span that Evans had to tuck the ball in.

Either way it was a great play and showed why big physical corners are important against some of these big receivers. What I find most impressive is he used perfect tackling technique on the play by getting his helmet across the receivers body which made it easier for him to knock the ball away. Then on the 4th down play he stressed technique. Finally he is realizing that you have to mix technique with talent to be a successful DB in the league.

#18 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

If you look at the CBs we have for next season, we are loaded. Webb, J. Smith, C. Graham, Asa Jackson, Chykie Brown, C. Williams, C. johnson and plus anyone I forgot. Thats not even considering we might draft someone. And Im not even going to get into the safety position. I'm feeling pretty good about our DB situation

I'll take Webb, Smith, Graham, and Williams the others can go and be replaced. Brown talks too much for a person that cannot tackle and blow coverages. Johnson I was done with him after he messed up against the Redskins. Jackson (Who is that?).

Edited by Grapple Raven, 05 February 2013 - 04:59 PM.
Caps

#19 Schoel

Schoel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

If we cant keep Williams because of Flaccos contract, Jimmy has to step up! In addition to Webb, Graham and Brown that would still be a godd set of corners even if he leaves

#20 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Jimmy's a big part of that win. And like people have said before, and I think it bears repeating here, is that our Red Zone Defense was able to bend without breaking. It's incredible just how many times we forced teams to settle for FG's this year (esp. in playoffs) and not get touchdowns in games where a TD here or there would have won the game for them. Our Red Zone Defense is a big reason why we're World Champions!!!!!

Edited by Grapple Raven, 05 February 2013 - 04:59 PM.
Caps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users