Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FrankDaTank

Ray Rice Trade Bait?

41 posts in this topic

There has been some talk about entertaining trades for Ray Rice. This would open up a big chuck of cap space and Pierce could take his place. Lets have a debate on this

DUDE. The RAVENS just won the SUPERBOWL and are having their parade right now.

Enjoy it! .......and NO.

I could be sarcastic but I won't.

To cut it short, this would be a terrible idea right now. Pierce has issues with durability, a knock on him coming out of college. Rice is probably the best receiving RB in the league. We would also free up little cap space at this moment because much of his contract is guaranteed from his signing bonus, which we would pay if we traded him. Add in the fact that this draft isn't as strong as others and you should be able to answer this yourself.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1360083220' post='1346304']
DUDE. The RAVENS just won the SUPERBOWL and are having their parade right now.

Enjoy it! .......and NO.
[/quote]

Agreed 1000000%

OP, if the mods here weren't so good at enforcing the rules (and giving me warnings lol') i'd tell you truly how insane this thread is.

We don't make the playoffs without Ray Rice. Enjoy the Super Bowl

the kid is a consistent 1k yard rusher, 500 yards receiving, and barely ever fumbles, although at horrible times when he does. Possibly the best pass catching rb out of the backfield in the nfl.....with out his ability we dont convert 4th and 29 in SD and possibly changes the whole lay out of the play offs. yep....lets trade him so we can rely on a back that cant stay healthy as a back up. love it.

[quote name='FrankDaTank' timestamp='1360083068' post='1346301']
There has been some talk about entertaining trades for Ray Rice. This would open up a big chuck of cap space and Pierce could take his place. Lets have a debate on this
[/quote]

Wrong. Bernard Pierce is made of glass. He is a back up, not by talent, but simply because he can't stay on his feet for an entire game so much as an NFL season. Love the kid but he is nowhere near a strong enough insurance policy to entertain giving up what Rice brings to the table as a pass catcher and as an every down back.

Don't even go there!

I love the two running back idea. Both have their strengths.
Let's really rattle the other defenses and totally mix it up!!
Send in crazy cool plays to mess up the other teams.

Love Ray and love Pierce.

As I said to another fan that made a similar foolish statement, lets just trade Rice and Flacco, and Boldin and Ngata and Yanda and all of our starters and veterans, that way we would have LOTS of cap space. The team with the most space wins, right?

[quote name='jaege' timestamp='1360095857' post='1346611']
As I said to another fan that made a similar foolish statement, lets just trade Rice and Flacco, and Boldin and Ngata and Yanda and all of our starters and veterans, that way we would have LOTS of cap space. The team with the most space wins, right?
[/quote]

You know-
we could then move back to Cleveland and finally get Art Modell in the HOF

Once again Ozzie is so much smarter than all of us. He won the Super Bowl to move the team!

and this is why Jamie Dukes says our fanbase is whiny and doesn't acknowledge how good the team is.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1360096883' post='1346633']
and this is why Jamie Dukes says our fanbase is whiny and doesn't acknowledge how good the team is.
[/quote]

You can find irrational threads/comments on any forum. Dukes is just a clown.

Who is talking about trading Ray Rice??

Clearly there are no sources to this line of thinking whatsoever which makes it pure speculation.

I don't mind thinking outside the box sometimes, but this makes no sense on any level.

While we are at it let's move the team to L.A, we don't really want them here anymore....

This is not nearly as ridiculous as it sounds.

You know how they always say it's better to get rid of a player too early than too late? Ray Rice's value is never going to be higher than it is right now, and we have a replacement who we know can get the job done. That doesn't mean we actively seek to trade him, but if he want to free up some cap space without losing key players elsewhere...it's an option.

[quote name='indianstick' timestamp='1360089406' post='1346466']
This is a stupid thread, hope it gets locked
[/quote]
Forreal what if Ray gets on to see what all the fans are saying. I don't want him to see this lol

[quote name='GTRavens' timestamp='1360099383' post='1346673']
This is not nearly as ridiculous as it sounds.

You know how they always say it's better to get rid of a player too early than too late? Ray Rice's value is never going to be higher than it is right now, and [b]we have a replacement who we know can get the job done[/b]. That doesn't mean we actively seek to trade him, but if he want to free up some cap space without losing key players elsewhere...it's an option.
[/quote]

We really don't know that. Pierce is a really good natural runner but he hasn't shown to be durable even in limited duty and he needs work in pass protection and as a receiver.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1360098109' post='1346648']
You can find irrational threads/comments on any forum. Dukes is just a clown.
[/quote]
Yea I realize, but this board especially makes what he's said relevent.

In the past year we have had

Bench Ray on third down
Get rid of Ray Rice/not pay him
Get Rid of Flacco
Our offense sucks

Etc... I could go on forever. I mean seriously the board was split almost right down the middle on Flacco and now all of the haters have disappeared when he has prospered. I can't blame Jamie Dukes for saying it after seeing that. The fact that he is a clown and his comments actually have some validity to them should make some people here ashamed of themselves.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1360099838' post='1346684']
Yea I realize, but this board especially makes what he's said relevent.

In the past year we have had

Bench Ray on third down
Get rid of Ray Rice/not pay him
Get Rid of Flacco
Our offense sucks

Etc... I could go on forever. I mean seriously the board was split almost right down the middle on Flacco and now all of the haters have disappeared when he has prospered. I can't blame Jamie Dukes for saying it after seeing that. The fact that he is a clown and his comments actually have some validity to them should make some people here ashamed of themselves.
[/quote]

That's the nature of fans.

Did you check out Pats and Broncos forums after their losses in the play-offs? People spout of all kinds of crap everywhere. Dukes could have been talking about literally any fan base and his comments would have been valid.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1360101854' post='1346719']
That's the nature of fans.

Did you check out Pats and Broncos forums after their losses in the play-offs? People spout of all kinds of crap everywhere. Dukes could have been talking about literally any fan base and his comments would have been valid.
[/quote]

But the horsie fans need their Tebow back!

guys I never stated I was on board with this, its just something that has been floating around and thought it would be a good topic for debate. Some of these comments should just be deleted. I was looking for realistic people that would look at it both ways. Maybe someone coming in with what the value would be to trade him and what hit we would take from the signing bonus and such. The team has many key pieces that need to be taken care of so I brought up a out of the box idea that we could discuss...