Photo

So Superbowl attendees, what are your stories?!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

What an amazing trip.
There are so many. The hospitality of NOLA. The friendliness and kinship of the Saints fans. The Riverwalk parties. Oh, Jesus...Bourbon Street Saturday night! Talk about a Purple Fever. Talk about somehow finding one's way back to their room.
The power outage, the horrible feeling of one's heart sinking as the 9'ers made their comeback.
Hearing the entire dome go from a Raven's advantage to not even having the stomach to scream at the end. (seriously, I needed an AED during that final 9'ers drive)
Watching Sam's punt appear like there was an open seam for a td return.

Trying to man up and not shed a tear when our team ran onto the field under the confetti at the end...

AAAAAAHHHHH...what a fantastic memorable moment!

#2 757RavensFan

757RavensFan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I don't know where to start. First and foremost, I took my 16 year old son with me on this trip and I couldn't think of a better person to experience this with. Our flight landed at 3:30pm on Sat and we went straight to the FQ because I wanted him to see it before it got too late and too wild. At that point Ravens fans outnumbered 49ers fans about 20-1 in the FQ. On Bourbon St, we ran into Jamal Lewis (took a pic w/ him) and also took a pic w/ the actor who played Cutty from "The Wire". We went to Acme Oyster bar and had the best Chargrilled Oysters in the world. They were so good, we went back yesterday before we flew back home.

Sunday...we had a great breakfast at Fleur de Lis and then went to the Convention Center to check out the NFL experience and NFL shop. We hung out in the FQ until 4pm and then started making our way to the dome. I must honestly, say I was disappointed in the lack of activities outside of the dome before the game. There's more of a buzz and activities going on at Ravens Walk then there was going into the dome. We had phenomenal seats, Sect 124 row 9. We were sitting in the area with a lot of the player's family members.

The energy in the bldg was amazing. If you've never been inside the Superdome, its HUGE and loud!! A visiting team playing the Saints would have a problem winning in that environment. I would say the Ravens fans outnumbered the 49ers fans by a 2-1 ratio in the dome. I counted less than 20 49ers fans in our entire section. The singing of America the Beautiful w/ the Sandy Hook elementary choir was an emotional moment.

Once the game started, it was obvious that we had total control of the game. However, obviously the "lights out" situation killed our momentum and provided the spark that the 49ers needed. I was sitting right near the 49ers endzone on the Ravens side of the field so seeing that last drive up close fall short for the 9ers was crazy. Watching them celebrate and the confetti falling was the best feeling ever.

We didn't do much on Monday, however we went to the NFL shop and EVERYTHING there was 75% off. Racked up on a lot of stuff.

I swear we received the best hospitality from the people of NOLA. I will be rooting for the Saints whenever the play, except when they play the Ravens of course.

#3 NolaSaints

NolaSaints

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hey guys...first congratulatiuons on your victory...it was well-deserved. I was out and about in town over the weekend and ran into quite a number of Ravens fans...you all are a good group, and I was glad to have you all representing the AFC.

I'm glad you all had a good time and enjoyed NOLA...come on back again anytime and enjoy our hospitality!

#4 Pino

Pino

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I didn't get inside the dome, but i was out and about for the weekend there.

Saturday, we arrived by car at about 11 in the morning. We just drove around the city and parked at a random spot. It happened to be the corner of St. Louis and Bourbon St. Lots of people around, it was warm and sunny, they were washing the sidewalks.
We were deathly tired from the drive through the night. I actually left my girlfriend in the car to sleep while my brother and i perused the streets. We walked down to the river and found some festivities. Took a picture of the HUGE XLVII sign on a boat. Ate a meal and headed to the media row where you'd see all the networks with their tv sets set up. i saw Rod Woodson doing a show for CBS. We started drinking at the bar across the street from the ESPN stage. We got a boost from the fact that you can take your beer on the streets. Only when we got back to the car did I realize I parked right in front of bourbon street. Cops were closing the roads around us. It didn't seem like we'd get out at all. That's when we started the party. Drinking and throwing football on St. Louis for hours, watching the whole street get progressively crowded and drunk. It was sun-down when we felt we should try to get out of there, but the car wouldn't start. I drained the battery to have music for our football.

My the rest of my family was driving in from Texas so they picked us up to go back to our friend's place. I had to leave the car there. IT WASN'T EVEN MY CAR. i was nervous that something would happen to it. Luckily, everyone wanted to go back to Bourbon St. to party late. When I got to the car, there were people leaning on it and using it as their dining room table. I went up and just asked them to cclean up after themselves.

Early next morning, I got back with another car to jump my car. Everything was perfect, nothing wrong with the car at all.

The city itself was great. The people were so nice. Yeah there were a lot of Ravens fans, but the Saints fans showed up in big numbers. They all supported us, and they really did their part in welcoming us. I was very impressed.

Music was everywhere in the city. LIVE music especially, all day, in restaurants, bars, or in the streets. I loved it.

Bourbon Street was crazy Saturday night. That part kinda opened my eyes. Seeing so many WASTED people, and the street was so dirty with beads and trash. It's like the physical street itself was binge drinking and being a jerk. I much more enjoyed Bourbon in the sunlight.

Gametime was up and down, of course. What an amazing first half. I immediately told everyone to look out for the second half fix. And wouldn't you know it........

Posted Image
me with my brothers and sisters after the game, taken by newspaper photographer. everyone was doing the Chant

Posted Image
that's my football. right after this pick all the ravens fans gathered around reaching one hand up to the ball and cheering. too bad i can't find that pic

Posted Image
bro and some homegirls

Edited by Pino, 08 February 2013 - 06:08 PM.

fix the offense

#5 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Can't wait to tell my own story next year, when the Super Bowl will be held in New Jersey!
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#6 wowzers002

wowzers002

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Definitely Going to the next superbowl the Ravens are in, which will be soon hopefully lol.

#7 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,143 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Definitely Going to the next superbowl the Ravens are in, which will be soon hopefully lol.

Resurrect dead threads much? Wowsers, indeed! :P

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#8 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

4c1a8e32fb6648a38cfcee6af9c3976d-973199e
me with my brothers and sisters after the game, taken by newspaper photographer. everyone was doing the Chant

Super_Bowl_Reax_Football_01496_image_102
that's my football. right after this pick all the ravens fans gathered around reaching one hand up to the ball and cheering. too bad i can't find that pic

bfeef2b53aa08504280f6a706700a1e4.jpg
bro and some homegirls

Great thread. Thanks for starting!!!!!!

I wasn't in the dome. Just in NOLA. I think I'm in one of your pictures here...Look for the black guy with the Baltimore Ravens hoodie. This bottom picture is really awesome by the way.

What was interesting to me was how all the Saints fans were rooting for Baltimore. They were showing us so much love. I starting singing their song and inserting 'them Ravens' instead of 'them Saints' and they got huffy puffy and would say 'nobody sings our SONG!! don't do it cause we were rooting for the Ravens!'

It was awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users