Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Photo

America's Game Segment

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 ravens2daplayoffs

ravens2daplayoffs

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm sure you all know about the 'Americas Game' DVD about the Super Bowl Champion team. This question has been rattling around in my brain for years, and finally the Ravens have won the big game, so my question to you all is-

Who would you want the 3 speakers to be for the 'Story of the 2012 Baltimore Ravens'?

I would prefer John Harbaugh, Ray Lewis and Joe Flacco, but I could also reason Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed and maybe even Anquan Boldin/

#2 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Its not always just 3 people. I would want hear Harbaugh, Flacco and Reed if I could only pick 3. Maybe swap out Harbaugh for Suggs. Lewis has had his turn, no offense. My choice would be Flacco, Harbaugh, Reed, Suggs and Boldin. Also wouldn't mind hearing from Ngata. Too many people to choose from.

Edited by redrum52, 04 February 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#3 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Can't argue with those picks. I wish they gave teams more slots, though.

#4 ravens2daplayoffs

ravens2daplayoffs

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Its not always just 3 people. I would want hear Harbaugh, Flacco and Reed if I could only pick 3. Maybe swap out Harbaugh for Suggs. Lewis has had his turn, no offense. My choice would be Flacco, Harbaugh, Reed, Suggs and Boldin. Also wouldn't mind hearing from Ngata. Too many people to choose from.

Oh, I was under the impression it was just 3 but I'm probably wrong. I'd prefer ALL OF THEM if I could choose that. I also agree that Lewis had his turn, but this team was so based on his retirement that it would feel wrong if he didn't speak at least a little bit.

#5 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Oh, I was under the impression it was just 3 but I'm probably wrong. I'd prefer ALL OF THEM if I could choose that. I also agree that Lewis had his turn, but this team was so based on his retirement that it would feel wrong if he didn't speak at least a little bit.

Thata partially why I'd want to hear people other than Lewis to see what the have to say about it.

#6 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Give me a coach, an offensive player and a defensive player. And if I can have a special teams player in there as well, bring him on.

My picks: John Harbaugh, Joe Flacco/Anquan Boldin, Ed Reed/Terrell Suggs, Sam Koch

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#7 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm actually looking fed more to seeing if joe gets to host snl
Flacco, Torrey, rice. Baltimores triplets

#8 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,412 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Harbs,Joe,Ray,Ed,Suggs,Ozzie,Ngata,Boldin,Rice,Smith,Tucker.

That's the order I'd prefer..Whether that's 3 speakers or 5.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#9 IH EART DA RAVENS

IH EART DA RAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I want this show to make me cry. In other words, I want Ray Lewis.

#10 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,069 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

I feel like you have to have Harbaugh & Lewis. It's Lewis' last ride for God's sake. Then it would be Reed & Flacco, because Flacco is the freaking MVP & Reed is the greatest safety of all time. After that, Suggs. I don't think the rest would be as entertaining to be honest. Maybe Justin Tucker, lol.

#11 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,455 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

John, Joe, and Ray. If there are more then Ed, Sizzle, Anquan, and Jacoby in order
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#12 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,727 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

John, Joe, and Ray. If there are more then Ed, Sizzle, Anquan, and Jacoby in order

Agreed.

#13 GTRavens

GTRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yep. As much as I'd love to include some of the other guys, if there's only room for 3 then it has to be them.

#14 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Flacco, Harbaugh, Reed.

#15 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

started watching the 2000 Americas Game as everyone should. got me pumped to see this next one ! Really love this series. shows the stories that are not usually told during the season

Edited by Bravens292, 04 February 2013 - 10:42 PM.

"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#16 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Joe, Ray, SIZZLE

#17 Footman DCXLV

Footman DCXLV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

The Ray Lewis retirement story is too big to overlook. It has to include Ray Lewis. I'd want to see as many players as possible included, but picking two more (after Ray) between Harbaugh, Flacco, Boldin, Jacoby, Torrey, Reed, and Suggs would be a hard decision. Suggs always makes for an interesting interview, of course. Reed is an obvious choice after finally getting there, and in his home town. Jacoby was probably the "X-factor" all season long, and could certainly be included. Boldin's play in the postseason and what Torrey overcame in the beginning of the year make for two good candidates. If I had to choose, two, though, I think the most obvious are Harbaugh and Flacco.

Posted Image

#18 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,324 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

started watching the 2000 Americas Game as everyone should. got me pumped to see this next one ! Really love this series. shows the stories that are not usually told during the season

I've watched most of the modern ones, America's Game is a great program. NFL Films usually does good work though.

#19 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

I'd want to see Flacco , Ed reed , Suggs.

I would want to hear Flacco's candid comments regarding the struggles behind the scenes between he and Cam Cameron. I feel like if Harbaugh was also involved he would sugar coat the impact of Cams stubbornness on this team and Flacco.

It be nice to hear Suggs talk about fighting through the Achilles injury and his emotions when he saw Ray & Webb go down and his decision to comeback. He could also talk about the biceps injury later. And I think Suggs would be really animated in his responses to wanting to win one for Ray , Ed and every one.

And lastly I love to hear Ed Reed speak about finally getting what a player of his caliber deserves to cement his legacy, the countless injuries he has played through, the critism he faced for tackling with a bum shoulder, feelings of being on defense that struggled statistically.

For me I don't want to have Ray speak this time because he missed so many games, and I'm sure he will still have his fair share of camera time regardless. I mean he always has his hands in motivating everyone so Ray would get his just due without being a speaker.

#20 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

How long does it takes NFL to air this segment?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users